~chapter 12

Avni opens her eyes hearing soft mummers bedside her. She felt Neil's body shivering. She tilts her head up and found Neil cuddling himself under the duvet. His body were shivering and mumbling something in his sleep.

Avni got worried seeing him like that. She brought her hand up and placed it on his forehead to find his forehead was burning.

Avni took a deep breath and shakes Neil up lightly.

Neil a minute later opens his eyes and stares avni.

Avni : Neil.. you got fever. Please sit up so I can give you some medicine.

Avni tried getting down the bed but before that Neil held her hand and pulls her back on the bed.

Neil : I don't need medicine. Let me sleep. I will be fine by tomorrow morning.

Avni : Neil, your whole body is burning with fever. Don't be stubborn. Please!

Neil shook his head and wraps his arms around her waist..

Avni sighs and pulls a drawer bedside her with her free hand. She took balm out and applies it on his forehead.

Avni : sleep!

Avni watch Neil closing his eyes and falling into slumber sleep. Avni quietly comes out of Neil's hold and tip toeing moves out of the room.

Avni comes back and settled beside Neil. She soaked a cloth in bowl of water and placed it on Neil's forehead. She continued doing that till Neil's fever was down.

Avni kept the cloth on the side table and grabbing the remote increased the room temperature...

Few hours later Neil woke up yelling Avni's name. Neil panting himself down looks next to him to found avni sleeping clutching his hand. His eyes fell on the side table.

Neil took a deep breath before taking Avni's hand from his hold. Neil gets down the bed and moves to balcony..

He stood at the railing and stares the sky. He closing his eyes recalls what he just saw in his dream. He shook his head and opens his eyes.

Neil ( mind) why did the that dream come back all of sudden? What is happening with me?

Neil was lost in his thoughts when he felt an arms wrapping around his waist. He composing himself tilts his head side way and saw avni there still in sleepy state.

Avni : why did you get up again? Did fever come back again?

Neil shook his head.

Neil : no it didn't.. I couldn't sleep. Why did you get up?

Avni :I didn't find you on the bed so I get up worrying your fever might have come back again.

Neil : Jaan.. yous should go and sleep. I will be okay.

Avni breaks the hug and turning his body to her cups his face.

Avni : what's wrong? Did you see bad dream?

Neil drops his head on Avni's shoulder and mumbles.

Neil : something like that..

His voice was quiet yet avni heard it. Avni rubs his back comforting him.

Avni : it's okay. It's okay Neil.

Neil raised his head up and cups Avni's face.

Neil : I don't feel like going back to sleep.. I am going for jog. You should go and sleep.

Avni : Neil why would yo go for jog at 3am?

Neil : please Jaan.. I need to get my head around.