~chapter 36

Five months ,

Placing her hand on his thigh she looks at him whose legs were shaking the moment they have arrived into the hospital. They were in hospital for regular check up. Neil was so anxious meeting the doctor that he couldn't stop himself from being nervous.

Sweats were forming on his face. His legs wouldn't stop shaking. Hospital environment wasn't settling too well with him. He couldn't divert his mind. This wasn't first time meeting the doctor or coming to hospital for her check but since they are getting closer to each months, he has starts getting anxious and worried about the baby and his wife. 

Neil taking a deep breath looks at her placing his own hands on hers.

Neil : I'm so nervous Jaan! How can you he relaxed. Are you not worried?

Avni : Neil I can understand what you're feeling but there is no need to be so worried about us. Our baby would be fine.

Neil : I know Jaan! I just can't hold myself from getting worried.

She smiles and bringing their interlocked close to her lips, she placed a kiss making him little.

Avni: you don't need to worry. Be relaxed Neil.

Neil nodded his head controlling his heart that ponders faster than usual. Neil withdrew his hand and looks at the nurse who calls the name.

Neil stands up and forwards his hand towards her. She smiles and placing her hand in his she gets up following him to the doctor cabin.

Neil knocks on the cabin door and waits till he heard the doctor voice to enter. Neil pushed the door and enters smiling at the doctor who welcomes them standing up.

Doctor : hello mr and mrs khanna. I'm sorry keeping you both to wait. Hope you guys didn't have much problem in that?

Avni : no doctor.

The doctor smiles and nods her head taking file out of Avni's beggar asking few questions.

Doctor : shall we do some tests?

Avni nodded her head and stands up following up the doctor.

Doctor : you can also come Neil?

Neil looks at the doctor and getting the confirmation he also stood up and follows them to other side of the cabin where they going to conduct the test.

Doctor : please lie down and lift your top up.

Avni nodding her head climbs down the bed with help by and lies down holding into Neil's hand tightly. He noticed and starts caressing her hand softly with his fingers.

The doctor things arranged and looks at the couple.

Doctor : please lift your top.

Neil looks at Avni and blinking his eyes holds hems of her top and lifts it up till showing her stomach. The doctor did some check and looks at them.

Their eyes turns around on the screen. Neil's eyes filled with tears as he watched the screen. He felt something touching his hand. He looks down and found his wife pressing his hand tighter. He smiles and drops a kiss on her forehead.

Neil helps Avni to walk back the cabin and made her sit on the chair before sitting himself next to her.

Neil : doctor, is everything okay? Is the baby okay?

Doctor : yes Neil.. I also have something to share with you both.

Neil : what doctor?

Avni also looked at the doctor in worry and holds Neil's hand. Neil looks at her and pats her hair gently.