~chapter 13

Sweats covers on Neil's face as his body continues to shiver . His small mumbles were heard in the silence room.

Neil jerkingly opens his eyes widely and took deep breath composing himself from the dream that he has just witnessed while taking a nap.

Neil composing himself rubs his nape while turning his gaze upon on the clock. He saw the time which was past evening meaning he had get up to pick his wife from work.

Neil steadily gets down the bed slipping his footwear on and walks to washroom.

Neil opening the sink tap splash cold water on his face. Neil then moves to shower area wanting to relax his body and mood before picking avni up from work.

Neil standing in the shower after undressing himself turns the shower on. Neil closing his eyes tried removing all the bad dreams he was getting from past days.

Neil turning the shower off wraps towel around his waist, he ruffling his hair walks out of the room.

Neil then moves fo his closet. He pulls a shirt and shoes out along with his boxer. Neil after dressing up grabs his phone to see any message from Avni.

Founding no message Neil thought to call letting her know that he's on the way to pick her up. He dials Avni's number.

Neil :hello Jaan.. I'm calling to let you know that I'm on the way to pick you up.

Avni : Neil, I'm so sorry that it slips off my mind that you would be picking me up.. actually Manik Bhai insistent giving me lift so..

Neil : hey Jaan, that's completely fine. When will you be reaching home?

Avni : within 10 minutes.. also Neil I have invited our friends tonight for dinner.. is that fine?

Neil : obviously that's fine Jaan. Do you want to me to start preparing dinner for them?

Avni : that would be so helpful of you Neil..

Neil : great! See you soon Jaan.. love you.

Avni : see you Neil, I love you too.

Neil ending the call walks out of his room and heading straight into kitchen. He opening the fridge checks if there anything left cooked by swetha as he knows his mother always cooks for them before leaving the house. As Neil thought he found some food already cooked in fridge. He saw fried rice, naans and butter chicken.

Neil thought what else to make for their friends. Neil took some peppers, cottage cheese, noodles and other veggies.

Neil starts boiling the water for the noddles. As the noddles was boiling Neil starts chopping some peppers, onions, cabbage for the noddles mixture.

Neil engrossed himself in cooking that he didn't realise when avni has arrived and was leaning her body to kitchen frame adore her husband cooking.

Avni smilingly walks up to Neil and slowly wraps her arms around his waist making Neil startled but later a minute Neil relaxed as he felt Avni's presence behind him.

Neil turns his head around side way to plant a kiss on Avni's forehead.

Neil : hello Jaan... I didn't notice you coming here.

Avni : hey Neil.. you didn't notice me because you were so busy with cooking.. what are you cooking?

Neil : mom made fried race, naans and butter chicken. And I thought to make noodles and wrap with chilli paneer stuffed in. We can also order pizza, chips and dessert for them.

Avni nodding her head unwraps her arm away and looks to see if she could help Neil before their friends arrives.

Neil : where's Manik? Didn't he come inside?