1. Trident Crown

It had taken me only one week to understand the social structure, the inescapable hierarchy of Burmore Academy, private school for the wealthy

It had taken me only one week to understand the social structure, the inescapable hierarchy of Burmore Academy, private school for the wealthy. Not because I was an expert observer of such things, but because it had been leaping at me, the minute I had entered through the school's monumental gates one year ago.

Like every hierarchy, it had a bottom. At Burmore Academy it was populated by the loners and quiet ones, some voluntarily, some involuntarily unnoticeable for everyone else. Those people who never got invited to a party, not because they were disliked but because no one knew of their existence.

It was a life in the shadows, quiet but unbothered. It was my milieu. I was a silent observer and I lived it.

Then there were the people who had an identity but it was mostly based on their admiration for those in the higher ranks. I called them the fangirls and -boys. They were like the legs of the whole social structure. Others could climb high, because they held them up with an excited smile on their faces.

Next, we had those who carried a mighty family name but weren't much concerned with popularity. People who would be in the first group if it weren't for their family.

And then there were those who carried a powerful family name and the ambition to be someone. Now we were talking nobility. Let's say they were on the level of a Baron in my unofficial Burmore peerage-ranking.

If they were level Baron, then those who were regular acquaintances to the crown were level Viscount. And with regular acquaintance I meant that the royalty knew your name - some fangirls and -boys would kill for that.

Anyways, where were we? - the Vicounts, right. So, next would be the Earls. A very distinctive group as it comprised the football team (Football -> the sport that is played with the foot and is called soccer in the US). The team was like the head of the social corpus. Everyone below them acted on their wishes like a mere limb to the head. Burmore Academy was their match field.

And then there was - drrrrrrr (drum roll) - the crown. It had three spikes...

"OMG, Nate left the top buttons of his shirt open again!"

"Does Dante have a new tattoo on the side of his neck? I swear I've never seen it before so it has to be new!"

"I wished Ben would look at me just once."

"I know, you won't believe me but Ben did glance at me last week when I dropped a conical flask with formic acid in chemistry class."

I blinked and defocused from my thoughts to return mentally to the hallway, I was currently standing in, facing my locker. The hallway around me was medium crowded which was normal for Burmore since it had small classes, the number of students being limited for the purpose to provide the best education.

My head turned automatically to the door where everyone else was looking at. The three had a habit of making an entrance together. And I had to admit, it was fascinating how they could catch everyone's attention with minimum effort.

I wasn't a fan of contributing to the excessive attention they were getting from everyone, but let's have a closer look at the holy trinity of Burmore Academy. The royalty. The crown.

 The crown

⫸ Benedict (Ben) Reom ⫷

He was the silent one of the three best friends. He was tall and lean, had cold grey eyes and dark hair that was standing out from his pale complexion.

He always wore a blank unimpressed face as if he was bored to no end by this school and the people around him. And maybe he really was. It was no secret that he was highly intelligent. Valedictorian even though he slept half of the classes. The teachers let him. They knew better than to challenge him with a question and get a well versed answer plus a correction of their question wording.

The coldness and apathy of his expression mixed with his beautiful face and sensual lips. The mixture worked like a love portion making everyone swoon over the quiet male.

Ben was the closest to real nobility since the Reom family had some title - Earl or Marquis of whatsoever. His father happened to be the major of the city and his mother was the dean of Burmore Academy.

↬ Jonathan (Nate) Lieberg ↫

Nate had the body of a surfer and the face of a god. He had warm golden locks and golden eyes that always had a twinkle of humor in them. Because - why should you take anything serious when your family was under the wealthiest top ten of our time.

He was the ultimate heartthrob. His smile was so charming that it turned everything into honey. Girls, teachers, officials - their hearts and brains melted away under his gaze, leaving nothing but a sugary puddle of brain-dead admiration.

◭ Dante Callum ◮

And then there was Dante. Black locks, black eyes, little silver ring in his ear and tattoos that covered his defined arms and neck.

He was captain of the football team. He excelled in the sport. And it seemed to be the only thing that mattered to him beside his two best friends, given by the way he treated everything and everyone else with utter disrespect.

While Nate was the boy all the girls were swooning over loudly, Dante was the one, people had secret crushes on. He was the material for horny nightmares that contained air constriction and tied up body parts. Not that I had ever...of course, but I've heard the girls-talk. I just couldn't keep myself from listening when people were fangirling about them. This type of gossip was kind of addicting, not gonna lie. I mean, they were not not hot.

・*。♡・*。

Notes from the all-knowing author:

I have a lot of ideas and notes for this story🎔 I can say this much...

...it's going to be bitter-sweet.

...there will be unannounced smut. Boo!

...it's a reverse harem book.

Please be nice. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I do not own the pictures!

I own the text.