13. Wolves in Friend's Clothing

Well, I didn't ask my parents to fill out the application form in the evening

Well, I didn't ask my parents to fill out the application form in the evening. And I didn't do it the next day. I really had planned to do it the day after that, but my father had been in a bad mood. Do you tell a man whose painstakingly grown dahlia seedlings had been guzzled by snails that his daughter was a failure? Absolutely not.

This had been one week ago and yes, I still had not talked to them about me failing the expensive school they were paying. About me hiding my bad grades from them for over a year now. And consequently, the application form was still waiting unanswered in my backpack.

With a heavy sigh, I pushed those thoughts aside and put my tray with food down in front of Hebe and Svenja.

"Y/n, you need to make us acquainted with Ellie! Please!!"

"Yeah, you're such a lucky bitch to be close to her," Svenja whined, "I've heard that Nate had been seen talking to you again today. I mean... Nate talked to you! "

To everyone who wonders what the heck this was about: I let Hebe and Svenja believe that the reason I was seen talking to the crown so often was due to some type of friendship between Ellie and me. I didn't know, what they would do if they found out I was actually friends with them. If they would stick themselves to me with superglue or kidnap me or something - all I knew was that I didn't want to find out.

I was also aware that they told other fans what they knew about my relationship to the three, so I needed to lie to keep the whole fan base at bay.

I was already on their radar. People greeted me on the floors, tried to talk to me after class and I often caught someone eyeing me curiously. I wasn't dumb. The crown was under constant watch and since they regularly talked to me at the lockers and even when we met between classes, I knew, I had been drawn into the spotlight.

"Come ooon, sweety, introduce us to her! We're your good friends," Hebe purred.

I sighed.

"I'm not that close to her, but I see what I can do." I hoped this would put their requests off for some time.

➳➳➳

After school, I faced my destiny and headed over to the football ground. It was Tuesday. Time to watch the training. Woohooo...

The football field was halfway encased with stands. I saw that the team was already on the field, performing warm-up exercises and the very dribbling exercises that always made me fall in PE class. 

I scrunched up my nose and looked for a seat that was secluded from the fan girls who were lounging on the stands, giggling and posing. I put my feet up on the backrest of the seat in front of me and dived into my phone.

"Aren't you the girl who knows Nate, Ben and Dante?"

I looked up from my phone to find the curious gaze of three fangirls on me.