49. Technical Solutions

。:°✽ Y/n's room 。:°✽

"Hey ki- y/n," I heard Dante clear his throat and clutched my phone even tighter, "I respect that you don't want us to approach you or speak to you. So, I thought I'm going to let you decide if you want to hear what I have to say. I hope you do."

Let's say, I really had tried to withstand playing the voicemail from an unknown number that came with a "love, dante"...and had held out for one hour with my fingers constantly twitching towards my phone. Finally, I had pounded on it.

"I miss you so much," he sighed, "I...sorry, I don't want to ... how do you call it?... emotionally blackmail you or shit. I just need you to know that I ..." I listened to him exhaling, while I held my breath, clutching Mr Squirrels tightly in my other hand. 

"Whatever. This is nothing for a voicemail," he chuckled lightly. I visualised him slowly tilting his head and running his hand through his dark hair while chuckling like this and it made me subconsciously smile.

"But it's the only way I can reach out to you at the moment without being a pest. Let me just tell you this much, with just a snip of your finger, you'll have three boyfriends. Officially and exclusively." I stared at my phone, not believing my ears.

"We want - fuck - we need you, kit-" He interrupted himself, "I'm fucking sorry for how we made you feel. That oath – it's the most immature stunt we've ever pulled off. It's off the table now, obviously. And that bitch-" He cleared his throat, "Ellie. She's off the table too. The only one I ever want to have on a table or on any other piece of furniture is you."

He was silent for a moment, then continued, "I really hope you're hearing this. And I hope I made myself clear enough that I want you to be my girlfriend. I want you here in my arms right now and forever. I want you to be ours and I want everyone to know that."

I released a long exhale when his voicemail ended. Only when I licked my lips and tasted the saltwater, I realized that I was silently crying. I let myself fall backwards onto my bed. And pressed the play button again.

➳➳➳

"...I want you to be ours and I want everyone to know that." After the voicemail had ended, I looked up at Nora, Dilara and Milan with a dreamy smile, awaiting their reaction.

We sat in a cozy booth filled with pastel-coloured cushions in the back of a little café. I didn't know Nora, Dilara and Milan for long, but I held their point of view in high regard and I needed someone to talk about that voicemail and help me sort my thoughts.

"Okay, first of all, I'm a little impressed," Nora admitted, "The Dante I know from middle level would never have spoken a word about his feelings. This," she pointed in direction of my phone, "is a pretty solid confession for his standards."