10. Photographic Memory

After entering the school building the next day, I quickly glanced at the three, who gathered at their lockers with Ellie

After entering the school building the next day, I quickly glanced at the three, who gathered at their lockers with Ellie. Relieved that they didn't pay me any attention, I scurried to my locker.

Just as I had opened it, a boy from my year approached me.

"You're y/n?" He asked in a rather unfriendly tone.

"Yes I am." I plucked (favourite music) out of my ear and eyed him warily.

"We change lockers."

I frowned. "What?"

"I have your locker now and you have mine," he explained impatiently.

"Why?"

He sighed.

"Ask Nate, Dante and Ben."

My eyes immediately navigated to where the three stood. And I was met with three pairs of expectant eyes.

I swallowed. The boy already started to throw his books into my locker, clearly pissed about the change. Then he pushed his locker key into my hand.

I looked at the number. 108.

I followed the number. It didn't surprise me that I ended at the locker next to theirs.

"Good morning y/n," they greeted me.

Already, a few people around us frowned or whispered while watching us. And the royalty had only said three words to me.

I rocked uncomfortably on my feet back and forth. Did I already mention that attention wasn't quite my thing?

"What is she doing here?" Ellie furrowed her perfect eyebrows and pouted.

"She's our friend." Nate shrugged and flicked one of his blonde locks out of his face.

Ellie raised her eyebrows. "Since when are we a charity organisation?"

"None of your business," Dante murmured, then turned to me who was dying of awkwardness, "We're hanging out at Ben's after school. Are you in?"

"I don't know..."

My mind was churning in search for a reason why I couldn't. It was Friday. Therefore, I couldn't use work as an excuse.

Dante stepped closer, then whispered: "There is exactly one answer that you give if we ask you if you're in."

My eyes met his. He stared me down, but I kept up with his gaze defiantly.

"Then why do you ask?" I grumbled.

Dante stared for a moment longer, then turned to his friends.

"Of course, y/n is in."

Ellie rolled her eyes.

"Great," she snorted and passed me, following Dante.

Nate started to walk behind them and halted next to me.