34. Reality Check

Beep beep beep

Beep beep beep.

I woke up to the shrill tone of my alarm. A pained groan resonated behind me.

"Make it stop," Dante grumbled and nestled his face deeper in between my neck and my cushion.

Determined, I reached for my phone and ended the torture.

When I tried to get up, Dante slung his leg over mine and held me down with no intention to get up himself.

"Dante, we have school," I informed him, "And we have to stop by my house first to get my uniform and stuff."

"We can go to school tomorrow," he mumbled against my skin, then kissed my neck. His hand reached for my breast.

I huffed. Uh-uh, no way.

I swatted his hand away and sat up forcefully.

"We need to get up now!"

He groaned.

"Okay, okay," he pressed through his teeth.

Half an hour later, we arrived at my house. Dante stopped his car with screeching tires and I hopped out and sprinted to the door.

Two pairs of eyes watched me expectantly from the kitchen as I slithered past it.

"Good morning! I'm in a rush," I informed my parents on the go.

When I reached the landing of the stairs, I looked at my phone. Five minutes left.

Seven minutes later, I sprinted readily dressed down the stairs and almost ran into my mum who stood in my way with her arms crossed over her chest and a worried expression. I halted.

"Did you have breakfast y/n?"

"Yes." I had eaten some leftover takeout at Dante's.

"Did you have a nice evening?"

I couldn't stop the heat from rushing into my face and quickly looked to the side.

"Uh, yes."

"Y/n, you know you can tell us if you have a boyfriend, yes?"

I gulped.

"Yes, mum. But Dante isn't my boyfriend."

She studied my face with a frown.

"It's nothing special," I added.

"Nothing special?" asked my mum aka Sherlock Holmes.

"We're just friends. I really have to go, now."

I opened my arms and hugged her hastily, before she stepped out of my way.

"Impressive car," my dad stated, peeking out of the living room window, "These kids at your school have too much money."