40. ...Hope Rises.

I nibbled on my bottom lip in thoughts as I tiptoed down the stairs

I nibbled on my bottom lip in thoughts as I tiptoed down the stairs. Now that I knew their relationship with Ellie wasn't about feelings and nothing more than a deal, I felt light. Somehow relieved.

I opened the door and almost jumped when I came face to face with a waiting Ben, clad in light-blue pj's.

"Hi, Ben," I whispered, "We have to be quiet. My parents are asleep alread-"

I was pulled into a tight hug. My hands clasped his back and I inhaled a full load of his delicious scent.

"Thank you," he whispered into my hair.

"What for?" I muttered into his neck.

"For making Archie pay." He leaned away to be able to look into my face.

"It wasn't in my cousin's place to reveal that information about me to everyone. I would have told you eventually. But I didn't want you to get to know it like this." He sighed and let go of me.

"What do you think of it?" He scrutinized my face.

I frowned. "Your autism?"

He nodded.

"It doesn't change anything, Ben." I made a chucking motion with my hand and shrugged.

He nodded again. "Thank you."

"I really like you," I added with a sheepish smile.

He eyed my face again. "Thank you."

When we arrived in my room, Nate got up and greeted Ben.

I sat on my bed, chin propped up on my knees and watched the two guys inspect my room curiously.

"You've read all of Shakespeare's works," Ben remarked impressed as he found the Shakespeare- collection on my shelf that my mum had bought on a jumble sale.

I bit my lip and smirked.

"Just because it's on my shelf doesn't mean I've read it," I admitted.

"It doesn't?" Ben scratched his head and went on to my desk.

Nate chuckled and clicked his tongue.

"Do we have a little impostor here?" He approached me, "Showing off books, she didn't even read."

I squeaked and pulled my foot away when he pinched my toe.

"Psst, y/n. Your parents will wake up," Ben declared while approaching the other side of the bed.

"What would they say if they found out you have guests?" Nate kneeled with one leg on the bed and leaned over me to tickle my sides.

I squirmed and writhed in the cushions, with my lips pressed together to not giggle out loud.

To protect my armpits from his nimble fingers, I pressed my upper arms against my sides and reached out with only my underarms, probably looking like a T-rex on its back.