Chapter 47- Night outs

After two days,

All these days meenu was avoiding Sam like a plague, he was worried but still gave her sometime to settle with the idea of him in her house.  He developed a good bond with teju and madhu di and also the senior citizens of the house. 

Meenu came out in the midnight to fetch some water and she saw someone standing near the kitchen, she got scared but still maintained her posture and whispered " Who is that "

The person stood still hearing her voice and she got suspicious, she walked to him and saw a knife beside, she took it silently while he was observing all her action and his eyes widen. He turned around in a swift and she was in his arms as he pulled her closer keeping her hands behind. 

Meenu " You " she whispered in anger and he smirked.

Sam " yes me my Hitler "

She glared at him " what the hell are u doing here "

Sam " bhuk lagi yaar mereko , I just came by now a few minutes ago and everything is cold, I was trying to heat but you know how bad I am at these "

Her eyes soften hearing he is hungry and pushed him, he let her go and sighed, she put her hairs in a bun and took the dishes, there were some curry and batter, she put the pan on fire and made some dosa for him. He sat on the kitchen slab smiling at her doing this for him

Sam " This can be us every day if u just say yes meenu "

She stopped for a minute and then flipped the dosa, kept it in the plate and gave him with some curry on him. He ate it silently as he made another one, she refused to look at him but he was constantly staring at her. 

He washed the plates and she kept back the things inside the refrigerator. 

Meenu " Something are better alone, like me... You don't have to take the responsibility, stop all this act and find someone for you "

Sam " It's not responsibility, I love you Meenu, is it hard to understand.. Phele bhi mere pyaar ko inkaar kiya , ab bhi wahi kar raheho and I tried my best to make myself believe that you r getting married so I should move on, but now when I know that I still have a chance, my love have a chance, then y should I stop and don't talk about someone, nahi hota yaar mujhse, I love you, only you "

He went inside as his voice choked and she slide on the wall wiping her tears, unaware that someone heard all this. 

.....................................................................

Teju and Karan were walking on the lone street hand in hand, she was playing with their shadows, doing some steps as they reflected.

Teju " It's so peaceful, lone night, you and me, it's like how we go before our marriage "

Karan smiled " yes, like that and we will always have this night outs of us, even after we turned old "

Teju made a baby face and kissed his cheeks " my little "

He chuckled " yes little ka little "

As they walk further, she suddenly remembered that they haven't talked about Sam, yes she is good friend of hers but still they aren't that close to know the backstory of his. 

Teju " sunny,  who is Sam "

Karan " You know already , you guys are friends now "

Teju " areyy, not that.. He didn't come here for work and I have seen that longing eyes of his on meenu Di, what's cooking "

She leaned and asked him with her curious eyes and he looked at her with a sigh.

Karan " that's not my place to tell but I will tell you.. Sam..he is my friend as you know already, and. "