LOCKETS

VENICE'S POV

It's been two days since Pops left without telling anyone the reason.
Everyone in the house is sad And Pai isn't eating anything. Dad, Dadda and Uncle Kim are not okay and Papa Porsche and Papa Pete both are not themselves, the whole house has been silent and no one is taking care of themselves. Uncle Time is also sad even though he is not showing it in front of anyone. Uncle Tay has not yet recovered and he isn't eating anything. Uncle Macau hasn't come out of his room and Uncle Big has been with him. Uncle Chey is staying strong and taking care of Uncle Kim.
Uncle Earth and Uncle Mix they both are taking care of everyone in the house as well as the office. Uncle Pol and Uncle Arm have been taking care of the Mafia Business.
I came to my room after making Pai eat and making him sleep because his fever has not gone down yet and mine is ok. I haven't come to my room since Pops left the Mansion.
After closing the door I saw two wooden boxes kept on my table. I remember not keeping any box there then how they came here. I thought as I picked both the boxes. I noticed that it has mine and Pai's name on it. As I opened the box with my name I saw a letter on it with another box. I kept the box aside as I picked up the letter opening it...

Hello Ven
Pops here.

I know I know that you are angry at me for leaving you all without a proper reason but my love I have my reasons.
And I can't tell anyone right now.
Just remember that your Pops love you a lot. Even though I am not present there, don't think that I don't know what is happening over there. I have something for you in the box. Open it and see what is inside it....

My eyes filled with tears as I read his letter.
I opened the box and there were two lockets with another letter.

(Both lockets are of the same design)

Confused??

This locket has a tracker and is connected by my watch. It has a speciality that wherever you are in the world if you tapped it twice I will get a green signal and if you tapped it three times I will get a red signal which means that you are in danger. And about green it's just a simple signal.

And the other one is for Pai. Once you wear it, it will not come out without the fingerprint of yours and Pai both.
No one will be able to unlock it without your both fingerprints. Now click on it once and activate it and after exactly 40 seconds tap on it twice.

I did what Pops told me to and after 40 seconds I tapped it twice and after about 15 seconds...
"Ven. Are you there?"- it was Pops.
"Pops?"- I said, my voice trembling and tears running down my cheeks.
"Hey, hey buddy. Don't cry, I am here na."- Pops said his voice breaking.
"Why...why..Pa...?"- I asked him crying hard.
"Ven, baby listen to me. Listen to Pa na.
You are my strong baby na. I have my reasons love and I can't tell you now but I will be back once everything is under control. You are my strong baby na. You have to take care of Pai for me. I know I am giving you a big responsibility even though you are yourself a child but baby just for sometime. Just know that your Pa loves you so much. And you have to be strong for Pai. I love you so much. If you ever want to talk to me about anything just click it twice and I will be there to talk to you and the same goes for Pai."- Pops said, his voice breaking down.
"But Pa if you can talk to me then you can also do the same with others. Please Pa just talk to others na no one is same without you. Please."- I said sobbing hard as I sat down with the support of the wall.
"Ven, baby I can't right now. Otherwise things will get more complicated. Just listen to Pa for this once, Please. I just want you and Pai to know that I am fine wherever I am right now. I will come back definitely I Promise."- he said pleading.
"Pinky promise."- I asked being the child which I am only in front of him.
"Pinky Promise. And take care of yourself. Pa loves you both. Also give the other locket to Pai and don't open the other box with Pai's name yet, open it when you will be going to your college for the first time. It's a surprise. I love you my junior Vegas."- Pops said chuckling.
"Pa, you know you are indirectly telling me that you will not be coming soon. It will take years."- I said knowing well what he mean.
"I know baby. But I have to do it for you, for us and for our family. I promise I will be back and I love you so much. And whenever you feel like you are in danger just click it three time in a row and someone will always be there to help you."- Pops said.
"I love you too Pa."- I said.
"Now tap it once and it will deactivate and after that wear it and activate it once again. Bye baby."- Pops said.
"Bye Pa. I can talk to you whenever I want na?"- I asked him.
"Yes my love now bye and deactivate it."- Pa said before cutting the line off.

I did what he told me to and wore it.
I picked the other locket and kept it with me for now as Pai is sleeping as well as everyone in the house.

I miss you Pa and I promise I will take care of Pai as well as everyone else. I love you my Pops. I thought before drifting off to sleep knowing tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning for me, for Pai and for us.

TANKHUN'S POV

"So that was why you wanted those lockets."- Fluke asked me as I ended the call with Ven. I nodded and just lay down on his chest.
"Are you at ease now, knowing that Ven and Pai are going to be safe."- Fluke asked me as he adjusted both of us on bed before pulling the duvet over us brushing my hairs.
" Hmm. I know him, even though he is just a 6 year old child but sometimes he is wiser than Vegas and Kinn. I sometimes think that he should have been the Mafia King instead of Vegas and Kinn."- I said relaxing myself in his embrace closing my eyes. He chuckled and said
"Good night baby. I love you."- kissing my forehead and pecking my lips.
"Hmm, love u too."- I said before drifting off to sleep knowing tomorrow will be a new morning for everyone.