CH-0 Prologue

??? POV (girl)

This is such a stupid world. My mom and dad went their separate way. I was raised by my grandparents, but when I was in high school, they passed away. Without any money to pay my fees, I dropped out and got a part time job. Once it felt like I could finally settle, the company that I worked for went bankrupt. No one else was willing to hire a dropout like me.

If I had to say, the only light I had in this world was the otome game that I used to play. Set in another world, it was the only time when I could run away from my problems. Well, not that it matters, after all, I am no longer alive. After all, I was ran over by a truck. I wonder if I will be isekai-ed after being hit by truck-kun like in those mangas and animes I had read when I was little. I guess that would be a bit too much to ask. I just hope I have a happy family if I
do reincarnate.

I open my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. Huh? I thought I was dead. Even if I survived, there is no way this is a hospital's ceiling. I slowly sit up and look around. I was in a room clad with decorations. They were expensive, beyond a doubt. But they could never match the ones I had seen in the game. As my eyes dart across the room, I see my reflection in the nearby mirror.

My eyes went wide as I looked at myself. I wasn't the same 30 year old woman struggling to survive. I looked to be around 15. I had fair skin and a doll like face. But the face was oddly familiar to me. It was the face of the main character in the otome game. There's no way this is true, right?

Few years later...

Looks like my guess was correct. This really was the otome game. Well, I don't why or how I am here, but I enjoyed every moment it, and I am sure I will continue to do so. After all, I have passed the academy and finished the harem route. Most of the important nobles and even the prince is infatuated with me. I can't wait to live as the queen.

Queen of Ingrassia.

Ciel's POV

It is finally here. I have waited so long for this! It's finally time. Only a few more days before Rimuru is revived. I could obviously speed up the process by adding my own magicules into the mix around the world and gather his soul, but I don't want to do something unneeded. Its better not to take any risks now that I am so close to reviving him. If only I had managed to devour his soul work Azatoth before it shattered.

"Ciel-sama, princess Alicia wants to talk to you." Souei said as he assisted behind me. In the past 500 years or so, Souei and his squad have had to work the most. With the world at peace, information wars and underground work increased a lot. Souei and his squad were the main intelligence gatherers. Ultima and Carrera as well as the demon under them also helped, but it was majorly Souei and his squad.

Speaking of Alicia, she is the fiance of Ingrassia's crown Prince. I made connections with her for a sole reason. To take a part of Ingrassia on lease. Rimuru will be revived in Ingrassia. It would cause widespread damage when he revives due to magical power. As such, to prevent any future problems, I decided to take the land itself where he would revive.

Due to my support, or rather Tempest's, her fiance, the second prince was made the crown Prince.

Alicia should currently be attending the academy in Ingrassia, preparing for her wedding next year followed by the coronation ceremony. The academy is one of the four great academies, the remaining being located at Ruberios, Tempest and the Eastern Empire.

"All right. Bring the laptop." I say
"Hai." Souei bows and leaves.

This world has advanced quite a lot due to the discoveries of Vesta and his team. Things such as lamps, tubelights, airconditioners etc have become common. Instead of technology, they run on magicules, making them more eco-friendly as well.

Souei comes back into the room with a laptop. It seems like it was already connected to Alicia. She had ravenous black hair and black eyes, quite uncommon in this world. She had a disappointed and slightly terrified look on her face.

"What happened?" I ask.
"I am sure you already know about the deteriorating conditions between me and the Prince, don't you?"

"Yes. What happened now?"
"Well, in yesterday's end of the year ceremony, he decided to annul our engagement."

Hearing this, my mouth just hung open. Luckily, I wasn't drinking coffee, or else, I would have spewed it out, without a doubt.

"Huh? Are you serious?" I ask, double checking.

"Yes. That's why I contacted you. I wanted to know what the Heroes Union think about this."

Heroes Union. That's what the humans called the group consisting of heroes, specifically including Masayuki, Chloe, Kenya, Gale, Ryota, Alice and Hinata. Shizue is not considered a part of the Union, but she is considered as a prodigy who raises new heroes.

This Union could be considered the opposite of demon lord council. Humans believe that both heroes Union and demon lords are equally strong, due to the fact they are equal in number.

Talking about the number of demon lords, Dagruel had been revived nearly 200 years from now by Veldanava. Veldanava had deemed that his soul was considerably stable, and revived him. It was at that time that I asked him

Flashback

"Why did my soul survive? If both me and Rimuru were the targets, then both of our souls should have shattered. Why did only his soul shatter?"

To this Veldanava smirked and asked a question back, " How many layers of protections, do you think, a soul has?"

"Two. The soul container and astral body." I replied. I am sure he has a reason to assur ask that question.

"Right. Every soul should have 2 layers of protection, but Rimuru's was different. He had three. He had one additional layer, which transferred to you too protect your soul." I could only stare blankly at him.

"There is no way. No matter how much I searched the Akashic Records of this world, I never found anything that made such an act feasible..... Wait. This world? You mean to say?" As I came to that conclusion, with a proud smirk, Veldanava spoke up.

"That's right. Though not in this world, it was possible to give your own astral body to someone else in your world. Obviously, as it came from your world, it was somewhat free from the restrictions of this world. So, though not freely, it could be transferred to an extent."

I run through all the memories I have. I can't seem to remember anyone who could do such a thing. But suddenly, it struck me. There was only one person who could do something like that. The one of a kind dragon, Qaris.

Flashback end

---------------------------

Alright. This starts off the new book. I hope you guys like it. Ciel has a proper personality, understands feeling and is literally a human at heart. Anyways, enjoy.