CH-64

Shinsha's POV

I prepared myself as the Sun rose. I have a lot of things to do, the most important one would most probably be to decided which city to take over next. But, before that, I go to the room where all the prisoners were. They were just breakfast and they had finished eating before I entered the room. Well, four of them had.

The atmosphere was gloomy, yet there was dedication in their eyes.

"Um....How should we address you?" A man asked. He wanted to say something to me, but realised that we didn't really introduce ourselves.

"It depends on how you intend to answer my question." I reply.

"Well, we discussed a lot yesterday and couldn't come to a conclusion. Us three wish to serve you too exact our revenge, but those four...." The woman who was there first to regain her memories yesterday spoke up while pointing to two men who were besides her.

She had long black hair and purple eyes. There were no scars on her face, but there were bruises and scars all over her limbs and back. Looks like she had been in quite a few battles.

"We would like to ask for your mercy. We have nothing else left in this world.... So, please. Please put us out of this misery." The four people begged.

"Are you sure? Even if I tell you that you will be happy in the future? In three years, you can ask be married happily and in seven years from now, you will all have kids. Your fate might not be the best, but from now on, I can only see it getting better."

"Even so. We humans are creatures who can't even trust each other, let alone another race. Even if what you are saying right now is true, we would still like to rest. Rest forever. So please." The man who seemed to be leading the group of the four said as he kowtowed in front of me. The other three also followed him.

"... Fine."

As soon as I say that, they all show a faint smile, yet I could feel it, that they were most at peace right now. They were at peace, even after knowing they will die, no, they are at peace exactly because they know they will die. I will never understand this. But I will respect there decision. I use my skill and alter their fate, giving them a painless death.

Their once living body fell onto the ground lifeless. This surprised the four that were still alive. I am sure they had thought that I would behead them or something.

"What? Are you scared now? Now that you know how strong I am?" I ask, trying to gauge what they are feeling.

"... No. It's reassuring to know someone this powerful is helping us to take revenge." A man spoke up.

"And? What about you?" I ask the last woman who was still indecisive."

"Well, there were a few things I wanted to make clear before I joined you." The woman said.

"Go on."

"My name is Aisha and I was a part of the assassin guild. I don't mind supporting you, but I don't really have any enmity with the Church either. Even though they killed my parents, I was too young at the time. I have no attachments to them, so I don't really have much reason to fight them. Neither do I have anything to live for. Till now, I had only been living from day to day, from one mission to other.

So tell me. Why should I help you?"

"... You don't need to. It's your life. Live it however you want. But I can't really say that you are living your life. You are living not to stay alive, not to grow and develop, not to enjoy and explore, but you are living, simply because you haven't died yet.

I won't call your way of life useless or meaningless, after all, that is for you to decide. But the one thing that I can give you if serve under me is a life worth living."

After I had said that, there was a heavy silence in the room. Everyone waited to hear Aisha's response.

"... Is that so? Then.... Maybe I will give this a shot as well. I have already lived this long doing nothing but killing. A few more years won't make a difference." Aisha said with a small smile.

I check her fate. Seeing how it had changed brought a smile to my face. People believe that fate cannot be changed, but that's not true. A simple decision can change your fate. Aisha was fated to die a few years from now on an unknown land, yet now, she would live on and have a life that would go uphill. Even without using my skills, her fate had changed.

"Well then, seeing as we would all be working together, even if temporary, let's introduce ourselves. My name is Shinsha, daughter of the demon lord Rimuru and the highest authority in this army." I say as I introduce myself.

"I see. It's a pleasure to meet you Shinsha-sama. My name is Carol." The woman who was leading the group till now said.

"My name is Sora. I don't have anything that I am good in, but on the other hand, I am not particularly bad in anything." A blue haired man spoke up. He looked as of he was in his early thirties. He didn't have any striking features apart from his hair and light blue eyes.

"I am Park Elliot. Well, only Park now. I am quite good in administrative work, so you can leave that to me." Park said with confidence. Well then, I guess I will leave him under Alicia for now.

"Well then. Let's get to the point. Starting today, I will be on the offense. I have a map with me, so let's plan our attack. I am thinking of capturing a few important cities before launching an attack on the capital." I tell them my plan.

"Shinsha-sama, as much as I would like to say that this is a good idea, it isn't. Attacking the Holy empire with only a thousand soldiers is nothing short of suicide." Carol said.

"Princess, the reinforcements have arrived. Should we move the plan forward to tomorrow?" Liscia asked as she entered the room. This information brought a smile on my face.

"Well then, there you have it. We have the troops, what we need to focus is how to take them down."

All the four there nodded their heads in acknowledgement.

3rd Person POV

For the rest of the day, Shinsha and the others decided which way to attack was the best, and after a lot of deliberation, they finally came to a conclusion. From the port city is Malteau, they would head east to the merchant city of Hor. Taking control of Hor will effectively render transfer of goods in the Western part of the country useless.

After that, the army will divide into two. One part will aim to take over all the villages that are on the boundary of Duke Floyen, the one against whom Shinsha is in the highest alert. Meanwhile the other part will continue to take over smaller villages and since cities before reaching the capital.

—————————

I hope you guys like it.