CH-38

3rd Person POV

"You see, I am pregnant." Ciel declared out loud in front of Chloe.

Chloe's eyes suddenly became lifeless. She just stared coldly at Ciel.

"Is that so? I am glad. It's quite a good news. I hope you give birth to a healthy child." Chloe said in a monotonous and emotionless voice.

Chloe was internally struggling. One part of her was envious of Ciel, while the other was grateful to her for all she had done, not only for herself, but also for Rimuru. Her feelings for Rimuru was nothing more than a burden to Rimuru, so she tried to get rid of them, but no matter how hard she tried, those feelings would still cling onto her.

"You see, I was wondering what we should babe the child. I could obviously know the child's gender, but I would rather not. It would be better that way. If she was a girl, I guess I wou-" Ciel continued to speak merrily but was interrupted by the sound of the glass shattering.

The glass that Chloe was holding in her hand shattered into thousands of pieces as Chloe gripped it a bit too tightly.

"Why? Why are you doing this to me? You know how I feel don't you? Then why?" Chloe asked as she started crying, unable to hold in her emotions.

"What do you mean?" Ciel asked, acting confused.

"Ciel, isn't it enough? Why must you go so far? What do you want to prove?" Rimuru asked.

To this, Ciel just turned to face him and smile, "To show how you feel regarding each other."

Hearing this, Chloe suddenly stopped crying, yet her face was still messed up due to her tears. She looked confused, unable to understand what was going on.

"I have set up the stage for you, dear. Don't tell me you're afraid. Be a man." Ciel said.

"Are you sure about that?" Rimuru asked for a confirmation one last time. To this Ciel nodded.

Seeing this Rimuru let out a smile and made his way towards Chloe.

"Chloe." Rimuru called out to her. Chloe turned to look at him with tears still in her eyes.

"I know how you feel towards me. To tell you the truth, even I have feelings for you. Will you.... Will you marry me?" Rimuru asked. It took some time for Rimuru's proposal to sink into Chloe's heart.

As soon as she realised what was going on, she hugged Rimuru with all her might.

"Yes. yes.A thousand times yes. I will happily marry to sensei, no, Rimuru-san."

"Drop the '-san'. You are married to him after all." Ciel pointed out. Chloe just nodded without letting Rimuru leave.

"Now that I think about it, why don't you give her a ring? Like the one I have." Ciel said, but get mood suddenly worsened as she realised that the ring that always used to wear in her previous life is nowhere to be seen in this world.

"You are right. It isn't much, but please accept this, Chloe." Rimuru said as he forged a one of a kind ring from his own scales, combined with a pure Stardust ore trapping Turn Null inside it. It made it appear as if a black liquid, Turn Null, was moving around inside a transparent shiny stone, Stardust Ore. It had thousands of protective and buff magic cast onto it. If that wasn't enough, it could negate upto three fatal attacks.

Chloe took the ring and continued to stare at it lovingly. After looking at it long enough, she put the ring on her ring finger and continued to look at it lovingly.

"I am glad you like it." Rimuru said with a smile. He then turned towards Ciel and walked towards her and whispered, "Thanks Ciel." Hearing this, Ciel just smiled.

"Now that I think about it, all of your accessories are left behind, right? Let's go retrieve them." Rimuru said.

Hearing what Rimuru said, Chloe looked towards the two.

"Of course, you should come as well Chloe." Rimuru said as he opened the portal walked through it.

After crossing the portal...

As the three come out of the portal, Chloe is shocked at the sudden change in scene. The castle room she was in suddenly turned to empty void with nothing but large rocks floating around.

"Where are we?" Chloe asked looking around.

"Zone 94 in the Red Zone of Intergalactic Warfare Treaty." Rimuru replied.

"Red zone? Intergalactic Warfare Treaty? What do you mean?" Chloe asked.

"There are many places in the universe where space-time is fragile and easily breaks. It isn't a big deal if a portal or a wormhole were to open in such a plane without warning. These places are called red zones. This ia one of the thousands of red zones in the Intergalactic Warfare Treaty.

Before we get moving, there's something that I want to tell you Chloe. Whatever happens, do not use space magic. I would suggest not using time magic either. There are thousands of machine everywhere to detect slightest change in space-time continuum. Also, I doubt we will meet anyone strong enough to pose a problem, but be sure to avoid any fights of possible. Especially in that planet." Rimuru said, pointing to a large rock in front of them, thousands of times bigger than what they could even imagine.

It could not be called a planet which could sustain life. There were thousands of meteor craters on the surface. A chunk of the planet had literally been disassembled and taken off while there was no water or greenery on the planet.

"That planet is one of the many mining Frontier planet. It is rich in resources. But, even more than that, random portals open here all the time due to space distortion. As such, when we go there, we would not suspected. It is also a place where refugees are gathered, so hiding ourselves shouldn't be a problem. Regardless, Ciel, take this." Rimuru face Ciel a coat.

It had a special effect of disguising one's looks. After giving Ciel one, he gave one to Chloe and wore one himself.

"Dear, what about money? If we are to go to the capital, then it would be important. We would also need fake identities." Ciel said as she started to ponder.

"Don't worry about that. I have a friend who can help out. I just hope he is still alive." Rimuru said with a laugh before going to the planet, followed by Ciel and Chloe. Unlike other planets, this one had no barrier to protect from space debris and there was no signal even if anything entered the atmosphere, as such, they were able to reach the surface safely.

The trio landed near the mining site and entered the temporary bases without being noticed. The base was no different than a large city. In the centre of this city, there was a large building. It was a large mansion, which seemed completely out of place considering the desolate landscape outside the city. As the three approached the large door to the mansion, a bright red ball stared at them.

"State your name and business." A robot like voice said.

"Azatoth. Just here to meet your master." Rimuru said.

"Name confirmed to be in records. Suspected person is declared dead. Please provide proof of your identity."

"Here." Rimuru said as he inserted his hand into a small box. The machine quickly scanned Rimuru's fingerprints, poked a hole into his thumb and extracted blood sample.

"Blood sample matches with data of recorded person by 94.92%. Identity confirmed. Welcome Mister Azatoth. I have told master about your arrival." The robotic voice said as the doors opened and a robot guided them to the waiting room.

------------------------

My exams start next week, so I will not be updating any more this month. I hope you guys understand. I will see if i have time, but it would be better to not have any expectations. Anyways, I hope you guys like it.