CH-7 Tempest Academy

Tia's POV
The day of the welcoming ceremony

As I wake up, I look around to find myself in a small, yet comfortable and cozy room. The memories of yesterday quickly came back to me. After getting off of the magitrain, we came straight to the dorms. Both the boys and girls dorms are in opposite side of the main road joining the academy, so they aren't really that far away.

I quickly get up and freshen myself up, before getting ready for the first day in the school. I am quite surprised I am still alive. I thought the demon lord would definitely send someone to kill me. Well, seeing that I am still alive, it seems the demon lord can do nothing inside the academy openly. That's a good point I suppose. But then again, I doubt it will be that easy. I must prepare for any future events. How? By making the boys fall for me, obviously.

As I come out of the dorms, I see Alan, Ruthdord and Dion waiting for me.

"Ah! Did I make you guys wait?" I ask.

"Not at all. We just got here. Right?" Ruthdord said. The other two quickly nodded. It's almost comical to see how hard they are trying to get my attention.

"I see. Then, let's go towards the main hall. There's a welcome ceremony, if I am not wrong."

The trio nodded and followed me. Most of the girls that looked at me, looked at with eyes full of envy. Hmph. Take that. I am superior to you all. I have these three at my Beck and call after all. I am not a loser like you. Ha!

But what was odd was that only human girls were like that. Most of the monster girls looked at me, full of hostility. And it is not only the girls, even the boys were looking at me as if I was nothing more than trash. Their stares are something I was quite acquainted with in my previous life.

"I don't feel quite comfortable here." Alan said.
"True. It feels like they are analysing us." Dion added.

I couldn't agree with you two more.

"Let's go to the hall quickly." I said.

Everyone nodded and we quickly made our way towards the hall. As soon as I entered, I was struck with awe. The hall was so big and majestic, I wouldn't be surprised if God himself would have descended here. The entire hall was adorned with beautiful carvings and had hundreds of pieces of arts everywhere. They sure are spending a lot. If you have that much money, why don't you just give it to me, you stupid demon lord.

"Everyone, please take your seats. We will be Begining in a moment." A voice said through the loudspeakers.

I quickly made way to a row of seats that were empty. Ruthdord and Dion quickly sat on my right and left respectively. Alan, who was late sat in the seat right behind me.

After a few minutes, all the light in the room suddenly went out. The lights were focused on the stage, where there was a podium. Six people walked in stage, three from each side.

The two people leading the trio each were quite similar to each other. They both had red hair and two black horns coming out of their forehead. They were the very epitome of beauty and dignity. The way they walked to the aura they exuded, it all screamed of royalty and authority. I wonder if they are the daughters of some bigwig noble here in Tempest.

The girl on my left then began speaking. I thought they would bring a mic for her voice to be heard, but as soon as she spoke, I realised there was no need for it. Her voice could be clearly heard across the hall.

"A good day to everyone here. As the president of the Student Council, I, Liscia hereby welcome you all to the Tempest Academy. I would like to introduce you to se ground rules that must be followed her in Tempest. Firstly....." The president, Liscia continued to tell us about the rules, which were all the basics. Maintaing etiquette and decorum, no hurting others and so on.

"... On that note, I will be giving the stage to my sister, Ria, head of the disciplinary committee." Liscia said as he sister took over the proceedings.

"Good morning everyone. I am sure you are bored after hearing that long winding speech from my sister, so I will keep it short and crisp. Just like how the student council is the shield for protecting you, the disciplinary committee is the sword. We are free to take actions against any students is we believe him or her to be going against the moral code of conduct. So make sure not to do anything wrong here, otherwise the punishments would be serious." As she finished that, why did I feel like she was facing me?

I felt a chill run down my spine. She continued to look in my direction for a good few seconds before finally turning her head and speaking again.

"Anyways, that's all I have to say. Now, I would like to invite the chief guest of the ceremony, Her highness, Ciel-sama." As soon as the name of the demon lord came up, everyone went silent. There were slight murmurs everywhere before this, but as soon as the name Ciel came up, they all hushed.

Soon, the demon lord made her way onto the stage. When I saw her, it appeared as if the world has stopped. I looked around and everyone was frozen. I felt a sudden sense of crisis overcome me, but before the adrenaline in my body could even begin to pump, the world was back to normal.

I looked around. Nothing out of the ordinary. Was it just my imagination? I hope so. Haha. There's no way everyone can stop at the same time. It's the same as saying that someone can stop time. There's no way that's possible. I face towards the demon lord who was looking straight at me.

"Good morning everyone. You all can raise your heads." She says looking at the monsters who were boring their heads. They were a part of the organizing committee, if I am not wrong.

Ciel's POV

"As for all the transfer students. I would like to extend a very warm welcome to you all. Feel free to develop whatever skills you want." When I say so, I am not joking. Why skills means any skills, be it, killing, stealing or cheating. Obviously, it is much more difficult to find those classes. This entire campus is like an University. There is no specific teacher to teach stealing and killing, but there is a group who have bounded together to form something similar to a group.

"In Tempest, none of your positions matter. That is also the reason it is mandatory to wear the uniform if you are attending any classes. Any small accessories are allowed. You can ask for further details from the student council. I hope you all have a wonderful time here in Tempest. Also, for those participating in the summer tournament, good luck." I say as I leave the stage.

The welcoming party continued till dinner time, but I didn't bother to stay. I have already analysed Tia. She has a skill «Attract» which allows her to pull things towards her, be it a book, table, or feelings of people. If she knows how to use her skill properly, she would be quite the problem to deal with. I really didn't want to dispatch Souka or Souei, but it seems like I might need them to kill her off in secret. Anyways, I have to come here tomorrow anyways.

------------------------

How was it? Btw, Ciel calls Tia problematic because of how she might change people's view against her and not because she is strong or anything.