CH-2 Ingrassia

Ciel's POV

"Chloe, regarding this, it's better not to do anything." I tell Chloe, suggesting how the Heroes Union should react.

"You thought so as well? I thought it would be better just not to do anything and observe for some time. Ingrassia is one of the biggest sponsor of our Union, so I wasn't sure, but if you say so, then it must be the best option." Chloe said as she stood up to leave. She has grown a lot.

As she leaves, I ask Moss, who has been in this room since the beginning.

"Moss, I did give you demons the right to do whatever they want in the Western countries while showing restraint, but I assume this is not your doing." I ask plainly. Carrera, Testarossa and Ultima are free to create some chaos here and there. Till the time it doesn't effect the world as a whole, they can do whatever they want.

"Of course not, Ciel-sama. Every demon knows that Ingrassia is a key place for our Master's, Rimuru-sama's, revival. No one would dare to do something as idiotic as this there."

"Good. Then, let's just wait and see what happens in a month. Well, before that, I guess I should pay a visit to the king of Ingrassia as well, shouldn't I?"

3rd person POV

Even though it was phrased as a question, Moss knew better that it was in fact a statement. Ciel WILL go to Ingrassia and WILL meet with the king regarding this incident. Moss felt bad for the king. If he didn't take right steps, it might end up way worse than death for him and his kingdom.

Ciel isn't as violent as Rimuru. She's even worse. She doesn't attack physically. She will torture her enemies slowly, wear them down, and finish them, only when she is satisfied. She has never let any incident escalate into a war.

Three small kingdoms tried to wage war with Tempest in the past. Those kingdoms were wiped off the planet, not by brute force, but by widespread famine. Ciel closed off their boundaries, completely destroyed the crops, and refused to accept surrender. Every last person in those kingdoms died due to starvation. Only after that, Ciel burnt those entire Kingdoms to the ground, making an example of them. None of the people that died had any glory or honor to die in a battlefield. No. They were killed by starvation, before they could reach their enemies. They died like insects, fluttering around before their death.

3 weeks later...

Ciel, accompanied by Testarossa and Ultima, as well as Souei in secret, made their way to Ingrassia via the magitrain. It was built a few years after the death of Ivarage. The magitrain they were in was one of the most luxurious in the world. Made from the finest materials and with splendid craftsmanship, it was the pride of Kaijin and the other craftsmen.

It was owned by Tempest, that is, by Ciel. Though it is not much in use, only once a year, to transport the transfer students from Tempest to other academies. This time, though, Ciel was on board the magitrain as well. The first three compartments were for the top executives of Tempest. Even royalties from other countries weren't allowed without permission from Ciel.

And, currently, in the first compartment of the train, was Ciel. She was just gazing at the scenery flying by her. Unlike Rimuru, who used to be too busy making up plans moving forward at any possible time, Ciel liked to do one thing at a time. She already had a plan in mind, and would not deviate from it, at least not till something unprecedented happens.

That plan is exactly the reason why she chose the train to depart in the afternoon, rather than the evening. Without planes, magitrains are the fastest means if transport in this world. Even then, they would only reach Ingrassia in the evening. Too late to have an official meeting with the king.

So, she will spend a night in the imperial palace before meeting the king. During that night, she would sorry out one of the problems. The assassin who has been hunting down a lot of nobles. From Souei's report, that assassin has been going around anyone who might hinder Ingrassia's second prince from becoming the king.

She decided that she will personally like to see if he was under the influence of any skill or not, as such, she also took this as a firm of vacation, and final checks for the preparation of Rimuru's revival.

The magitrain reached Ingrassia, just after the Sun had set. Ciel and get entourage stayed at the imperial palace. After having dinner served to them, they enjoyed the baths, and then went to sleep. Or, atleast, that's what everyone thought. In reality, after taking the baths and heading to their room, Ciel, followed by Ultima and Testarossa, quickly left the palace.

They moved further and further away from the centre of the city, entering small alleyways. They moved quickly as they already knew their location. They could have directly teleported, but they wanted the people spying on them to know that they were coming.

After taking a series of turn through the narrow tunnel-like streets, they finally arrived at their destination. A brothel. Though prostitution is illegal, it still occurs behind the government. But, the brothel had more to it than mere prostitutes. It was also a place for assassins and their clients to meet. Hiding behind the facade of a brothel, it was easy to disguise their meeting place and continue to work, even at night.

After all, a brothel is supposed to be open at night, in places where guards wouldn't usually come, away from the prying eyes of the king. As such, it was easy to hide a crime organisation behind a brothel.

The trio entered the brothel and went straight to the receptionist. The receptionist was busy doing some work under the table, but as soon as she saw the trio enter, she was awestruck. She had seen quite a fair few beauties in her life. Even she herself was a beauty, that is why she was chosen to be a receptionist, yet the three girls who entered couldn't even be compared to them.

They were as if goddesses had descended onto the land, but before her imagination could go any further, she was pulled out of it by Ciel.

"Excuse me, Miss. I would like to have a chat with your manager." Ciel said, flicking a stellar gold coin at her. Add to the fact that she was wearing expensive jewelry, it didn't require a rocket scientist to realise that she was a noble and was asking for assassins. This was after all, a common occurrence to her.

"Un-Understood. Follow me." The receptionist bowed and asked them to follow her. She soon came from behind the table, and took them downstairs into the basement. The receptionist knocks on one of the doors of the basement twice. She then proceeds to open the door and guides the trio inside.

Inside was a man, who was busy looking through the papers. But after hearing the knock twice, he quickly cleared everything.

"Well well well, what can I do for you ladies? I don't seem to recognise you as any of the frequently approaching nobles." The man spoke up. Ciel's face is something that no human knows. Some longer living species might remember her face, but as Ciel hadn't made a public appearance in centuries, it was obvious that no one would know how she looks.

"Oh my. I thought you wouldn't pry into my situation or identity." Ciel said as she sat in front of the man. Testarossa and Ultima said behind her.

"Well, that's true. All we care about is-"
*Kaching*

Ciel took out a packet of gold coins. They made a loud sound clanging with each other.

"I want to hire the best assassin you have, Grim Reaper"

-------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.