CH-71

Rimuru's POV

I looked around and I couldn't find anyone from my world. My world had also broken the World barrier, so there should have been a few people from my world here. Yet, there were none.

After seeing Sakura's name in the hall of fame, I was expecting atleast someone to be here, but none. Either they were not invited, or they didn't know about this. The latter is quite likely as I doubt they would even know Gods exist of the God of the World himself doesn't tell them. And seeing how he never interfered, even when humanity was on the brink of collapse, he didn't interfere. I don't see him doing so right now.

I look at Yggdrasil, and she was staring at the Northern side. I trace her line of sight, and it was falling straight on Veldanava. Did he do something?

"What happened? Why were you staring at me?" Veldanava asked as he teleported behind me. Looks like he noticed I was looking at him.

"Nothing. I was just wondering why Yggdrasil was staring at you, but that doesn't seem like the case anymore." I respond. Even though Veldanava had teleported behind me, Yggdrasil continued to stare at the Northern side. So she wasn't staring at him, on the very least.

"Yggdrasil, huh? Well, you see she has special feelings for Knox."
"Knox?"
"The God of your previous world. She loved him so much that she remodeled her world to be just like yours previous world. Obviously, this took time, so it is a bit behind in terms of time."

"... Aren't the people different? Like their souls can't be the same, right?"
"They are. Their history till now is fabricated. Only now are the people given free will. Everything before the Towers emerged was predetermined."

"... So it never really happened. Interesting."

I wonder if we are any different. Just fabricated truths, dancing to the tune of someone else, doing predetermined things and living a predetermined life.

"Where is Knox?" I ask. Not only because Yggdrasil was intently lovestruck with him, but also because I had a lot to discuss with him, regarding my previous world.

"He didn't come. He usually doesn't show his face either, so it isn't really a surprise. And seeing how he didn't come here, it makes sense that no one from your old world is here."

"Well, that did make sense. Seeing Yggdrasil, getting to know about my previous,.... All that's left is that Goddess that the other continent was worshipping."

"It doesn't seem like she's here. There are no new Gods on the second floor that I don't know of. And here? None fit the criteria."

True. Out of all the people, there were a few people who were quite unique, but none fit the bill. The goddess should have long pink hair and a mechanized body that she can freely control. There was no one who was even close to that description.

"Won't others notice if you are not up there?" Ciel asked as she came back with two drinks in her hand. She handed me one which I took smiling.

"Not really. So the Gods are talking to the younger generation from their world, so I don't see anything wrong with it."

"I don't see Lucia anywhere. Even Milim at that." I point out.

"They should be enjoying the buffet. Spending some quality time with each other."

"I see. Well, I'll go and check the buffet out as well." I say as I bid farewell to Veldanava and made my way to the buffet that was set up. This was definitely no there when Finn was having a fight with Orcanyx.

"It just popped out of nowhere. I assume Yggdrasil put it down the moment she realised things have calmed down." Ciel explained to me.

"I see. The food here is..... Unique, to say the least."

There was all kind of food. From what seemed to be stew to rice and bread. There was also raw food as well as... blood? And this is only what I was able to identify. There are many more odd stuff that I couldn't even identify.

Anyways, me, Ciel and Chloe proceeded to enjoy the food. I looked around at everyone else. Ruminas was drinking wine in a secluded corner. Milim was moving from one dish to another with Lucia chasing after her. Guy was with Leon. They were discussing something while eating.

Dagruel on the other hand was with Veldanava and Zelanus. Luna was talking to another God and Rudra was with Velgrynd.

The rest of the meeting was uneventful for us. It was only for socializing for us newbie Gods. The real discussion was being held in the second floor. During this discussion, both Orcanyx and Finn were missing from the first floor, so I guess they were discussing something regarding the condition between them.

Just as we were About to leave a sudden declaration changed the entire mood of the meeting.

"Within the next few weeks, Finn and Orcanyx are going to face each other in a 5v5 battle. Everyone present here is invited, along with the Gods who are currently absent." Yggdrasil announced with a big smirk.

Finn and Rizzete came from behind her. Rizzete had a tired look, while Finn was enraged. Orcanyx came out of the room with a smirk similar to that of Yggdrasil's.

"Now then everyone. I hope to see you all on the day of the fight." Yggdrasil said as portals opened in front of all of us. As I passed through it, I was brought back to Veldanava's fabric of Void. Everyone else had also arrived here. After confirming that everyone was here, Veldanava teleported us to Milim's domain, from where we teleported back to our respective domains.

I quickly gathered information regarding what had happened in the time we had left. Surprisingly, two months had passed since I had departed. The meeting followed the time of the slowest world as such, two months had passed.

"How's Shinsha?" I ask Diablo who was tasked with looking over her.

"Shinsha-sama is fine. Though she should currently be in a fight with the Holy Knights of the Empire. For some reason, they became quite active right after you left. I believe they knew that you will be absent." Diablo replied.

"Hmmm... If that's the case then they must probably knew about the meeting."
"And decided not to attend?" Ciel asked.

"Most probably."

Shinsha's POV

It has been two months since mother and father departed for an important meeting. The Floyen Dukedom has been quiet, which is a surprise. As they weren't attacking, I decided to ignore them for now. I have a few troops stationed on the boundaries between our territories, just in case.

But my main priority is, without a doubt, these Holy Knights. They keep attacking us despite losing. We manage to defeat them everytime they attack, but are unable to leave decisive blow.

What's worse is that I know that they aren't going all out. They are just stalling us for time. Large quantities of rare material is entering the capital. They must be creating something, and these Holy Knights must be here to buy time.

But, I am hesitating to go forward and attack the capital. Mainly because I don't have enough information regarding what is being done with those materials, but also because we don't have enough information on the strength of the capital.

The royal army and the Holy Knights are no big deal. What I have to be in guard about are the hidden heroes and Duke Floyen.

————————

An early release. I hope you guys like it. Please like the chapter. Each and every like means a lot.