CH-72

Shinsha's POV

As I was thinking about what to do, I felt sudden fluctuation in mana. Soon, a portal opened and mother and father walked through it.

"Mother! Father! You are back?!" I asked genuinely surprised as I hugged mother and then father.

"Yes. I can see that you have been doing quite well here." Mother said.

"Hai. I have already planned what to do. I was thinking about completely rooting out the belief of the people in this religion, but that would take quite a long time. If I were to forcefully intervene, then it will only make them angry, making them difficult to control.

So, I was trying to increase the trust the people have in us by bettering their conditions. The people here are quite talented. Given proper education, they would definitely become important assets.

I have already reduced taxes and set up various facilities for public use. Here, the taxes are collected every month, which is quite difficult to manage, so I have also made the taxes annual." I tell them. I am not really sure if the choices I made were the best choices or not, but they definitely weren't bad.

I look at mother and father and they were just looking at me with a smile.

"Wh-what happened?" I asked, afraid that something was wrong.

"Nothing. We were just wondering how much our little girl has grown up. From being afraid of little things like insects to a such a great leader." Father said with a smile.

"Mou... Please forget about that." I say all embarrassed as an embarrassing memory resurfaces. I still remember the first time I met Apito-nee. She had sent one of her own kin to the castle to contact father.

But I was the only one in the room. Mother and father were in the library while I was reading a book. When I saw the giant bee enter through the window, I got so scared that I couldn't even move or scream.

I guess, at that time, Apito-nee didn't know about me, so none of her subordinates did either. Seeing that an unknown child was sitting in the room, it came closer to investigate.

But I got even more scared and started crying and shouting. This caught the giant bee off guard and he quickly distanced himself from me.

Guards rushed into the room with magic activated, but immediately stopped noticing that it was a giant bee sent by Apito-nee. Soon after mother and father entered the room and I just clinged onto them without letting go.

*Knock**knock*

I heard a sudden knock on the door. I looked at mother and father and they had already disguised themselves.

"Come in." I say. As I say that, Max and Sofia enter the room. They both had grown quite a lot compared to the first time I had met them. Sofia, who looked younger than me, had now grown taller and more mature than me. As for Max, he could now be called a young man. Humans really do grow in quick spurts.

I still remember when Max lost one of his tooth after fighting. I thought that it was because he got hurt while fighting, but I was surprised to realise that it was natural for humans to lose one set of their teeth before reaching adulthood.

"What happened?" I ask the two.

"It seems that Duke Floyen was spotted in public, a few hours ago."
"After two months? Did something happen?"
"No. There weren't any noteworthy changes."

"Alright. Now that the Duke is there we will have to be wary of him."
"Hai."
"I will come up with a plan by tomorrow, for now, you two, go and take some rest."
"Understood."

Why did he suddenly make an appearance after two months of disappearance? He had not been here for so long. Now I have to take precautions against him too.

"Those two have really grown." Mother said as she dispelled her magic.

"Duke Floyen, was it? I assume he was missing for the past two months." Father said.

"Hai. He didn't make any nice and the duchy under him didn't make a move either. So I believe he had left the duchy for some reason. But now that he has come back, that will make a move as well." I explain to father.

"Hmmm.... He was not here for two months.... I wonder who else wasn't here for two months."

"Hmmm? What do you-!! It can't be. Are you saying he is as strong as you father!?"

If he was not here for the same reason as mother and father, then everything would make sense. Two months. His time is absence completely overlaps with mother and father. If that's the case, then it can only mean one thing, he is not only a hero, but a God as well.

"Might be. I can't really be sure. But that's what it looks like, doesn't it?" As soon as father said, his eyes became distant. Did he recieve a thought communication?

After a second, his eyes zoned in again.

"Looks like we have a visitor. Just stay here and don't worry, we're here." Father said as he quickly his himself. Mother did the same as well.

"What do you mean?" I ask, but hey no reply.

I look around with my magic sense but nothing out of the ordinary. I turn to look outside the window and see a woman floating in the air, just about to tap on the window.

Seeing that I had noticed her, she smiled and opened the window from the outside. She then came in. I remained on guard. I didn't notice her presence at all.

She had long white hair and beautiful blue eyes. She had a face that could charm anyone. The clothes she wore were rich in mana. And the way she sat down, she not only was beautiful, but elegant as well.

"You must be Shinsha, right?" The woman said as she sat down opposite to me.

".... Yes. Who are you? What do you want?"

"Mou... You shouldn't be like that. You don't look cute at all when you are all serious." She said.

"Get to the point. Who are you?" I tried to analyse her, but nothing. I couldn't even identify her race.

I tried to analyse her aura, and I felt a sense of familiarity with it.

"You see, your parents sent me to help you."
"As if I would believe that. " I say as I prepare to attack her, in case she tries something.

"I am not lying, you know?"
"You can ask them right now. They told me to help you control your powers. After all, your power to control fates is quite dangerous and harmful, of not handled correctly." The woman said, trying to convince me, but there is no way I will buy that.

"Well, I definitely thought something was amiss when you said you already knew Shinsha, but to think you belonged to this world as well. What a surprise." Father said as he dispelled his illusion magic. The woman shuddered in fear for a second before regaining her composure.

"You shouldn't spy in a girl's room, you know?" The woman said, reprimanding father. Who does she think she is?! Scolding others when she herself barged into the room unannounced.

—————————

I hope you guys like it.