CH-46

Chandra's POV

As expected. Dealing with a demon lord is no easy feat. And he is also one of the easiest demon lords to talk to. As I looked at his face through the cameras, I got a chill. He had a perfect face with no distortions and perfect proportions, as if it was artificial. Same was the case for his wife, Ciel.

The others were different. They were all perfect as well, but they had their own flaws, flaws that made them human, but these two were definitely not humans.

We tried to test how the demon lord was in actuality and how his personality was. Of course it was a dangerous idea, but it had to be done. We cannot expect help from a demon lord who would lose his temper with just this. We could have died, but it would have been a sacrifice that was made for our country, no humanity.

We have already stated our demands, and it doesn't look like he will object the demands themselves. The only thing is what we can give him in return.

The only thing we can give you is-

"Power. We can tell you a way to get stronger. Stronger than what you are now." Arun stated. Yes. This is the only thing we can give you. We already know that our technology is not something you covet and magicules here are much more dense, so no artifacts wouldn't cut it either.

"Hahaha. Power? You surely jest. So you think you weaklings can tell me how to get stronger?" The demon lord laughed coldly.

I braced myself.

*Cough*

As i had expected, the demon lord aimed for me. He stood atop the table and held me by my neck. I could hardly breathe, but I had prepared myself for this. This is also the reason why I didn't wear any necklaces or chains. The rest is in your hands, Arun.

Rimuru's POV

"Please calm down, demon lord. I am not joking. You might have an infinite source of energy, but it is all a waste of you cannot use it. You can only use a small fragment of your energy at a time, right? What is I told you there was a way to change that?" Arun exclaimed, trying to calm me down.

"Hoh? Make it quick then." I ask out of simple curiosity.

"Please leave Chandra." Arun said with a taunting smile. Very well. I teleported back to my seat after dropping Chandra. She fell to her seat and coughed violently. Ciel let out a sigh besides me, but I don't really care.

"Speak now." I order him.

"Yes, as you know, there is some sort of system here in this world."

"Yes. It is called the Voice of the World."

"Yes. You see, it is limiting your power output. It is limiting it to protect this world from breaking due to beings like you using too much power. We have a way for you to break free of this system and regain your true potential."

What he said is certainly interesting. But if it is something like that, then how do they know about that?

"And what makes you so certain?" I ask them.

"Simply put, it is this." Arun said as he tapped something mid-air. And so did Chandra. What are they doing?

"Please use these." Chandra said as she gave both of us glasses. As soon as I put it on, I saw a floating interface in front of the two. Since when did they have such technology?

"How did you make this?" Ciel asked. Seems like she is having the save thoughts as me.

"We didn't make them. We got them by fighting the monsters in the tower and ascending up. It feels as if we are in a game. Many people thought so, until they lost their lives and realised that they couldn't resurrect." Chandra explained. 

From the tower? What is the origin of this tower? Another God perhaps.

"What makes us sure is this." Chandra pointed to her interface. I looked closer and saw what was written on it.

Name :- Chandra
Sex :- Female

Titles:- Queen of Knowledge (Power), Saintess

Skills :-  Information gathering, Eye of Truth, Super analysis, Sixth Sense, Leadership, Speaker, Future Sight....

There were many other skills, but her interface wasn't showing it as there was not enough space to display them. Chandra's hand was hovering over the skill «Super Analysis»

"This skill allows me to see the interface of other users. When I used it on you, I couldn't see much, but look at this.

As soon as she run super analysis again, I felt nothing. It's not like it was automatically blocked because of the difference in strength. If that were the case, I would have realised it. I look at what had popped up.

Name:- Rimuru Tempest (???)
Sex:- Male

Titles:-Chaos Creator, Lord of Monsters,???

Skills:- ???

The analysed target is under the jurisdiction of another system. As such, only known information is displayed.

I am not surprised that she couldn't see my skills. My name, gender and titles are something that she must've found out easily. What's truly important is the last line. Another system. If it is referring to the VOTW, then this system must be created by another God.

If that is the case, I will have to discuss this with Veldanava. Anyways, I was about to agree to their plan anyways, so this is quite a useful deal.

"Very well. I hope you are not lying. This entire thing of being under a jurisdiction of a system means that we are technically under another God. If we are to break away from it, then even we can become Gods. This is quite interesting." I declare.

"We are glad that we were of help." Chandra said. There were marks on her neck as I had strangled her. I throw a healing potion at her, completely healing her. She didn't seem to surprised and just thanked me. Looks like they already know about this potion. If that is the case, they must have a bought a lot of it.

"Well then. As if to show my sincerity, I will buy this island and make it Tempest territory. You are free to develop here. I will open a portal here that will directly open into the labyrinth. You are free to take any weapons or treasures you find there. In return, you must make sure to not be caught and not take any of the labyrinth tools like the ring of Resurrection or the Returning Whistle outside the labyrinth."

"Yes. We will make sure. Thank you. We will be sure to not disappoint you. We wish you a good day." Arun said as he bowed.

"Well then. We will be taking our leave. Who knows? Maybe if I am in a good mood, I might deal with your problems." I said.

"All the more reason to hope you stay happy." Arun replied while smiling.

I like these two. They have guts. And most importantly, they are dedicated. I have gotten sick of people being corrupt. But these two are different. They aren't completely free from corruption. They are not selfless and think only about others, but if they can, they will help. And above all, they are smart and decisive.

Flashbacks Ends..

——————————

I hope you guys like it.