CH-51

Testarossa's POV

"I want you to conquer the Holy Empire." The king said.

...

"Are you out of your mind? You want us demon lords to take over your people? Your territory?" I ask to figure out what he really wants.

"Yes. That is exactly what I want. You may not believe it, but there is something very big behind this Church. The Goddess they worship is real. But this Goddess doesn't care about us. To her, we are nothing more than toys to play with and pawns to use in her plans.

Rather than being used and thrown away by such a goddess, it is better to be subservient to the demon lords."

"Are you not afraid of being suppressed and made slaves?"

"I already learnt a lot about that continent because of Yuuki-dono. None of the demon lords are unreasonable and they will not harm innocent civilians for no reason."

"That's a lot of trust you are putting on a single person."

"*Sigh* In reality, this country is already on its way to doom. If it wasn't for Yuuki, the Church would have had complete control over the Empire economically and in military as well. Atleast for now, we have some influence. But if even that were to be gone, there is no other way for the Empire to survive.

The weapons of the Church are unprecedented. They are something that should not exist, yet they do. We have no idea where they are made. They are weapons that shouldn't exist. With their help, even a commoner can defeat the mightiest of heroes and strongest of mage, without even revealing their selves."

"Are you talking about guns?" I ask.

"H-How did you know?"

"Well something like this exist on our continent as well."

"Is that so? Then was that introduced by gods as well?" The king asked.

"No. They were brought by other worlders. They brought the knowledge with them and it was established in our world."

"Other worlders?"

"Yes. Aren't there any other worlders here? They relatively strong and many at times have unique skills."

"Strong? Unique skills..... Hmmm... Now that I think about it, the Church was taking into custody any strong adventurers. Most of them were left alone after some time, but some didn't return. What do you think about that Yuuki-dono?"

"Hmm.... Well, all the adventurers that they took with them natives of this world. Rather, ever since I came to this continent, I haven't seen a single other worlder, so I guess it's safe to say that isn't the reason. In reality, I personally believe they killed the adventurers whose skills were more of information oriented. Most of them had already started doubting the Church."

"Is that so...? So I can't even protect my own people, huh? I really am a failure of a king." He said with a slight laugh, that seemed more painful than shock. He then proceeded to bow.

"I beg you. Please save us from that Goddess. Even if the future generations call me a villain for selling my soul to a demon. Even then, please save us. I am sure, that with time, they will surely realise that it is better to be under your rule. A country where food as good as this can be developed." The king said pointing to a piece of cake that was on the table, " is no doubt a peaceful country, where people can experiment in life. There is no shortage of food and no outside threats. Only then can a civilization develop its food."

"... You have keen observation."

"Hahaha. I always wanted to become a chef when I was young. I loved making and eating all kinds of food. But the life of a royal is not really free. My life was destined to be used for the betterment of the people and the country. It was decided the moment I was born, and now I have come to accept it. So please. Defeat that Goddess." The King said with his head hung low.

"I cannot guarantee anything. I am but a mere envoy. But I can guarantee this to you, if that Goddess really is planning to take over the world, then my lord will not sit quietly."

Flashback ends...
Rimuru's POV

"That's what happened. After that, I didn't spend much time and came back. Yuuki and Kagali are currently under house arrest. Valora is with them, in case they try something. I have also deployed sune if my subordinates to protect them. They will teleport at once if things there get out of hand." Testarossa concluded.

Hearing what she said had put us all in a bind. There were a lot of things to consider here. The king of the Holy Empire already understands the plight of his empire. That makes it easy for us. The main fact is that not everyone is blindly following this religion, unlike here, where everybody followed Ruminism without a doubt.

"So? How do we proceed from this?" I ask.

"The Giants would rather stay out of this." Dagruel said, clearly showing his will to not participate.
"They seem weak, so I am not interested either." Milim said.
"I don't want to fight a stupid holy war, so Ruberios will not fight either." Ruminas declared.

"The king seems like an interesting man. Is he by any chance a hero?" Rudra asked.

"Not really. He is an enlightened human though. He should become a hero given enough time, but I doubt he will live that long." Testarossa replied.

"Very well. I will partake in this." Rudra said.
"So will I. Can't let Rudra have all the fun." Guy said with a smug smile. There were literal sparks flying between Rudra and Guy, seeing which, Velgrynd and Velzard just sighed and gave up.

"What about you Rimuru? I doubt Ramiris or Dino are interested either."
Guy asked.

"I guess Tempest will also participate. But, instead of sending the elites, I believe the young ones should be given a opportunity." I say.

"So you mean to say you will send your daughter?" Guy asked.

"Yes. Even though we are discussing it now, we won't be starting a war right away, will we? We still have atleast a year. She will grow up enough in a year." I point out.

"It they is the case, then Hyme will also participate. My daughter, Hikari will lead the forces." Luna declared.

"Dwargon had no interest, so we will not interfere if our territory is not invaded." Gazel declared.
"Same." Elmesia said as well.

"What about you Veldanava?" I ask. Veldanava has been listening quietly for a long time.

"I will not interfere. But if this 'Goddess' really is an old God, she will most likely be too much for you. Only then will I interfere and fight her."

"Is that so? Well that's good to know. We will be counting on you. By the way, there is something I wanted to ask." I say to Veldanava.

"Ask away."

"Why are you so much stronger than us?"

"What type of question is that? It's because I have lived longer, obviously."
"That's a part true, but is that all?"
"What do you mean?"
"I want to break free of this system. This Voice of the World."

——————————

I hope you guys like it.