CH-40

Chloe's POV

As we continue to walk through the hallways, Rimuru and Aaron talk to each other as if they were old friends.

"Are they friends? They seem to be." I ask Ciel-nee.

"I guess you could call them that. They both fought together in many battlefields, so I guess they have a sense of camaraderie. Well, Aaron retired nearly a century after he joined the military to settle down with his wife, so Rimuru was left alone. He often felt betrayed by him, but seeing Aaron happy with his wife, Rimuru couldn't really complain." Ciel-nee told me.

"Did Rimuru not retire to stay with you? Or did Ciel-nee meet Rimuru even later?"

"Ohhh right. You don't know what happened, do you?"

Huh? What does she mean by that? The atmosphere around her suddenly turned sad.

"You see, I died when before Rimuru even met Aaron."

Huh? What?

"Hahaha. No need to look so surprised. You see, Rimuru was born as the Prince of the Sakura Empire. He was second in line for the throne. But, after he achieved excellence in military, his elder brother started to be wary of him. Over time, this evolved into a power struggle, which resulted in my death. Even Rimuru was declared death. If I am not wrong, you saw the scene of my death when Rimuru was fighting Ivarage, didn't you? Well, Rimuru did change a lot of the things back then."

"Wait. If you died then.."
"Rimuru was able to protect my soul with a prototype. It was made to capture the soul of a living creature. Even though it succeeded, my soul would have eventually dispersed, after all, there is not enough magicules in this world to sustain a free soul which doesn't have a body. So, Rimuru gave me a new body, a state of the art AI. I inhabited it, but my soul had lost most of its memories.

Lost, might not be the correct word. It was more like they were inaccessible. I couldn't access them, but they were still a part of my memory. I spent nearly century alongside him, fighting countless monsters, defeating many heroes and ending countless wars. Somehow, Rimuru managed to climb up the ranks to become the Chief Military Commander. Dear only revealed his true identity to his younger brother and sister after he became the Chief Military Commander."

That's heavy. So he really went through a lot. I look at him taking merrily with Aaron. I am glad Rimuru has friends he can truly rely on.

"Oh. Looks like we are here." Ciel said as Rimuru and Aaron stood atop a magic circle. Both me and Ciel-nee followed them and were teleported into a completely white room. There were many surveillance cameras. In front of us was a large door. Aaron placed his hand on some sort of interface. As soon as he did, the entire room shook. As the large doors opened, there were a myriad of treasures inside.

There were machines as large a 10 storey building. We continued past entire rows of treasures, before arriving to a place where there were many doors. Aaron stopped in front of one the doors and typed in something, presumably a password. The gate opened, revealing a small room with a variety of treasures inside. From weapons to ornaments to things used in day to day life.

"These are the things that I managed to get my hands on. All of the stuff you are looking for is here. Take your time, I am waiting outside." Aaron said.

"Chloe, feel free to choose anything you want from here. They are all things that belonged to me, so no need to be shy." Rimuru said, suddenly addressing me.

"Um, understood." I reply quickly before browsing through the things. There was a large axe, and shield nearly as big as me. There was also a pendant and earrings. They had little to no magic in them, so I was unable to accurately gauge their strength.

As I was looking through a variety of weapons, a rapier caught my eye. It was a strong weapon. I could instinctively feel it. As I extended my hand to grab it, someone called out to me.

"I wouldn't do that of I were you, Lady Chloe." Aaron said.

"What do you mean?"

"That rapier is a cursed weapon. Although it can change its size and shape to nearly any type of sword. From a rapier to a heavy double handed broadsword. But, it has the soul of an evil queen trapped inside it. She slaughtered her own people with her own hand for fun. Her entire world perished because of her.

Anyone who used that sword after that lost their mind and in a mad frenzy, kill any and everyone around them. If you still want it, you might go ahead with it, but I will suggest not to use it." Aaron said before closing his eyes and leaning on the wall.

Should I really go ahead with it?

'Who knows? But I believe it wouldn't be good to trust rumors without seeing it for your own self, don't you think?'

Chronoa? Where were you? I thought something was wrong, since you didn't say anything.

'hmph. Must be nice, huh? Getting proposed by Rimuru.'

Oh? Could it be that you are jealous? Oh my, Chronoa-chan. I never thought you had such a cute side.

'Hmph. Whatever you say. I won't talk to you anymore of you keep saying more of this nonsense.'

Alright, I won't. I am just glad you are back to normal.

'Why are you smiling like a moron. Grab the sword.'

I get it. I get it.

I try to grab onto the sword, but everything goes dark as soon as I touch the sword. My surroundings turn dark. So dark, that there is no difference even if I close my eyes. In this darkness, a light on the form of a human being manifests besides me. It was Chronoa.

"Chronoa, you are glowing." I say.

"So are you. And you are even brighter than me."

I suddenly fell a presence in front of me and look to face at it. I can see a little girl, around the age of 5, looking away from me. Her downcast eyes were looking down at the ground, where there was a dead bird.

"Why? I only wanted to save it." The girl said with tears in the eyes.

The scene changed, and the save girl grew. Now, around the age of twelve, she was looking over a bed where a little bit was lying lifeless.

"Why? Why did I recover, but you didn't?" The girl said while crying.

The girl grew up even more, and an old man lie on the bed.

"Why did you have to leave me alone?" She asked in a sad voice, yet there were no tears.

Time flies, and the girl becomes more mature. As she looks around, burnt bodies of many maids could be seen.

"Why? Why did I survive? What is this curse?"

3rd Person POV

As the scenes continued to change, it was one tragedy after another. From the downfall of a small village, to that of a city. From the destruction of a country, to a continent. Yet, throughout these tragedies, one thing remained unchanged. The woman didn't die. Not because she wanted to survive, but because she was lucky. It was as if death itself turned a blind eye to her.

The girl was soon called a demon and an undead. No matter what she did, she couldn't save anyone from any predicament, yet she would always survive.

-----------------------------

I hope you guys like it. My exams are finally over. Yay!!! I am finally back to writing. I will upload every Monday, Wednesday and Friday like usual. Sorry for not uploading.