CH-20 History lesson with Veldanava-sensei

Rimuru's POV

There were six familiar names on the list. But somewhere in the middle, was the name Sakura, the name of my sister. What is her name doing here? What is she doing back in my world? I turned to Ciel, and it seems she noticed it as well. I had a thought that it might just be someone else, but the chances of that are low.

There were six of us who had our names on board. There was me, Guy, Chloe, Rudra, Velzard and Velgrynd.

*Clap**clap*

Veldanava started clapping before speaking, "Congratulations. There are six of you that managed to make it onto the list."

"Why is our name on the list? And more importantly, why am I so high up?" I asked.

I was at the second spot from the top, sharing second place with another person Cyrus with 45 points. But what was surprising was the one in first place. His name was Finn, and he had 115 points.

"Well, that's because you managed to defeat two gods of the sixth era, as well as kill three apostles. You see the one at the top? Finn? He defeated and killed a fourth era God along with his apostles. Just to tell you, I am also a fourth era God."

"What are these eras you are talking about? I can't understand at all. Please explain more quickly dad." It was Milim who said that, tired of using her brain a bit too much.

"Right. Let me start from the beginning. I am sure you guys know my now, but there are many different worlds. Each of these worlds may or may not have a God. Each of these worlds have a core. Gods can do two things with these cores. One is to absorb it and get stronger, and second is to register themselves to it, and make it a base for themselves."

"Base? It seems like you guys are at war or something." I point out his odd usage of words.

"Well, we were. Not anymore. You see, let me start from the beginning. Well, not that I know it myself." Veldanava replied.

The truth is, this world at its beginning was just random matter floating around in space. Much like what your previous world was Rimuru. Slowly the non living things gained life. Well, actually, they gained consciousness. These new concioussness wanted to create something. The were unhappy with how things were. So they made a world. Then two. Then many more. Their power something incomprehensible. They became the first era of Gods. Azatoth, the God of void was one of the first era Gods, so was Yog-Sothorth." Veldanava said, looking at me and Chloe.

"In short, the first era Gods created their own worlds. Prone in their works doesn't fit stronger and stronger until they evolved into Gods, becoming the second generation or second era of Gods. The second generation looked up to, revered and worshipped their previous generation, so they got along well.

The problem was the third generation. Unlike the previous two, they were corrupted. They wanted the power of the previous generations and become stronger themselves. So, they decided to declare war on them. Noden, the one on whose Guy's skill is based is one of the third generation of gods.

They wanted to take away power from the first and second generations and rahe over the worlds and their powers. They knew it would be quite difficult to beat both the first and second generations head on, so they came up with a plan.

They created world cores. Under the influence of these cores, the souls of the gods would be harvested and they could revive immediately. This was a major reason for their victory. Each God was individually strong. Add to that the fact that those Gods could revive infinitely and grow, they managed to defeat the first and second generation with much sacrifice.

Many of the third generations of gods also died along with the first two generations. In this war, a lot was lost. Mainly the way to produce these worlds cores.

There were a lot of world now, which were left unattended. Each World had these cores. Those which didn't, collapsed as their God died. Right now, only those worlds survived which had a core. There are still thousands of worlds without a God. They survive, solely because of the core maintaing them.

After thousands of millions years had passed, a new era of Gods started to rise. The fourth generation. One of which is me, by the way. I am one of the oldest amongst the fourth generation.

As we rose to power, plenty of us became gods of previously ownerless Worlds. I was the same. This world, the cardinal world, did not have a God. So once I became one, I registered myself to the core. As I am already registered as its God, you all didn't get a chance to become the main Gods. But, it's benefit died apply to you. You all will still revive, even if you did, given that you die under its influence area.

My siblings, Velzard, Velgrynd and Veldora are the fifth generation of gods. Now, the problem is, the fifth generation of the other worlds rose up in rebellion against us, causing another war. Luckily, the casualty in this war was pretty low. Those that did die, like me, were able to revive easily since we died under the influence of our respective world core. The war has now come to an end. So, yeah you don't need to worry about that.

But, after this war, we Gods held a council, and we came to a conclusion. We can't let younger gods to get out of control. So we made a new decision. All the world will create a dimensional barrier. Each God would assign the people, one as a mediator, one as an observer and the last as a defender on the barrier.

Of course, this didn't apply to worlds that don't have Gods, but they still do have a dimensional barrier to separate them from the other world. It was as if each world was an egg, waiting to hatch.

Once a God is born who is strong enough, he would end up destroying the world barrier, effectively causing the egg to hatch. All the Worlds who have this barrier broken can have contact with each other.

Of course, Us Gods wouldn't interfere, or else it would be nigh impossible for new gods to break the barrier.

Well. That more or less summarises the last few hundred billion, if not a few trillion years of history." Veldanava finished his long story.

Everyone just stared at Veldanava, trying to understand what was going one. Everyone except Lucia, that is. Even Dino was thinking and not sleeping. Or was he sitting with his eyes open?

Anyways, this is too big of bombshell that he dropped on us.

"Wait. Now that our dimensional barrier is broken, didn't that mean that we can make contact with other worlds?" Guy asked

"Yes. Yes you can. But there are only four other worlds to contact, since only four have managed to break the dimensional barrier."

-------------------------

I hope you guys like it. Also, I am ill. Quite badly at that. So there might not be an update this Friday. I will try to upload on New year though.