CH-63

Shinsha's POV

As I go to interrogate the prisoners, I am accompanied by Liscia. All the prisoners in the room were sitting quietly, which I hadn't expected at all. Even the guards stationed outside the room were surprised and on edge.

As soon as I entered the room, all of them sluggishly moved their heads to look at me. I felt uncomfortable. Their eyes were all dark and cloudy, without an ounce of life in them. They looked like marionettes whose strings have been cut off.

I tried to look into their memories, only to be blocked. When I used my unique skill to read their fate, I was shocked. So this is why I had this odd feeling. Their fate had been manipulated. They are fated to die within three days. Their fates have been tampered with. It wasn't as if their fates were changed, no. They were abruptly cut.

This must be the work of someone who atleast has a unique skill. I have limited information on who it can be, but that means it is one person that I need to look out for. I recreate their fate with my unique skill, increasing their lifespan by a few months, after which their fates alter on their own.

Fate, just like time or space, heals itself. By allowing it to heal, it would return back to how it originally was, so by allowing their fates to heal, they would be able to live their lives as they were fated to.

As their fates changed, their muddy eyes cleared and their emotionless faces started showing expressions.

One their fates were completely healed, they started to look around in confusion. The room they were locked in was barren with nothing apart from the floor, walls and ceiling.

"Who are you?" A woman asked in a painful voice as she held her head in her hands. Well, fate is not something that any person can handle. Tampering with it will obviously hurt you if done wrongly.

"Me? I am Shinsha. The Commander of the force invading this continent." I tell them the answer in a straightforward manner. They looked around in disbelief, but they didn't say anything.

"Etto... How are we here? The last thing that I remember is that I was invited into the Church. Are we still on the Church?" A man asked shyly.

"No. You are in the port city is Malteau, which is now under my dominion. You all had been brainwashed and your fates were tampered with. I have already read your memories. So? How did it feel to become mindless soldiers for the stupid Church you all believed in?

You were all distinguished nobles and knights, yet your positions were taken away, and your family killed." I tell them. They are all people who were linked to the king's faction. They had officially died seven years ago, yet here they are, continuing to work for the one that destroyed them.

It wasn't as if their memories after being brainwashed aren't there. It's just that it will take some time for it to come back.

"Ahhhhh!" A woman screamed as her memories began to came back. She desperately tried to hold herself back, but couldn't as tears began to roll down her cheeks. She was a knight for a Baron. She had to guard their youngest daughter, yet she was killed by monster right in front of her while she was hypnotised and she didn't even lift a single finger to save her.

I am sure the echoes of her desperately crying for help is repeating on her mind. The same happened to others. They all looked down with despair in their eyes, tears leaking out of them like an empty faucet.

I look over at Liscia, who understanding what I wanted, just sighed. She then proceeded to use a subskill of her unique skill «Command» to reduce their fear and regret. Liscia's unique skill is a great skill for leading an army, just like her father.

Once the skill took effect, they all calmed down a little. They were all still a bit mentally unstable, so I believe this is the best moment to take action.

"Well, now that you have calmed down a bit, why don't you listen to my deal? Work with me in taking down this Church. You can get your revenge, and I will destroy the ones who attacked us. It's a win-win." I give them an option they can't refuse. I have limited number of soldiers, so people as strong as them are rare and valuable assets that I must take under my wing.

"Why should we agree? Won't you be the same as the Church?" The woman who was the first to regain her memories asked.

"Huh? Of course I am different. Unlike the Church who used you without your knowledge, I am using you all while telling you. It's a give and take. You don't need to join me out of obligation. It's your choice. Either join me and take revenge or die. If you join me, then you will be free once we take down the Church. We will not Chase you, that is, if you don't attack us again. No need to hurry, I will listen to answer tomorrow. For now, eat something and rest." I say as I leave, telling the guards to give them proper food. They was a deep silence in the room as I left it.

Once I had reached my room, a space distortion opened up and two people came through it.

"Father! Mother! It's good to see you. I missed you a lot." I say as I hug father who was the first one to come through the portal and then hugged mother.

"You sure have grown a lot. The way how you remembered about the submarine and used the Kraken was nice. Though this defensive battle went quite favourably for you, it was not the best decision to make. But from the results, I am proud of you." Father said as he analysed my actions.

"Geez. Stop being so critical of her, dear. Mother is so proud of you, you know. You even made some new friends right? Treat them well." Mother said as she sat on the bed and made me sit in her lap.

I felt a bit embarrassed but it felt nice. Seeing me embarrassed, father just smiled. How rude! After that we continued to talk about how I was living and what my plans going onwards was. Mother had also brought lots of sweets made by her. The time spent so quickly that I didn't even realise that the Sun had begun to rise.

"Alright Shinsha. Take care. Whatever you do, we won't interfere. Whether you completely take over the continent be force, or form favourable relationships, you will bear the fruits and punishments of your actions. But, if you are ever stuck, feel free to ask us for advice." Father said before getting up and opening a portal.

"That's right Shinsha. So take care alright? Also, take a look around this continent. I am sure you will find a weapon that suits you." Mother said to me as she passed through the portal while smiling at me.

Once the portal closed, I feel onto the bed.

"A weapon, huh....."

Mother's voice resounds in my head. No matter which weapon I use, nothing feels perfect. Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few good weapons, but they never felt just right. Even uncle Kurobee said that he couldn't make a weapon that would fit perfectly with me. I wonder if I will find one here.

————————

I hope you guys like it.