CH-37

3rd Person POV

"So why are you guys here so late? The festival started days ago." Rimuru asked as he sat down. Ciel sat beside Rimuru and the five say in front of them.

All of them had grown a lot. Kenya looked just like a hero from a manga, while Alice looked like a princess dressed in expensive clothes. Gale looked like a man in his late twenties or early thirties, the oldest amongst them, in terms of looks. As for Ryota, he looked to be in his late teens and had complete black outfit.

"Sensei, about that. There is this weird sci-fi spaceship in the Empire that is going on a rampage. So we went there to check it out." Kenya told me.

A spaceship? Is this what Rudra was talking about?

"Did Rudra ask you to go and investigate?" I ask them. They all nod their head in denial.

"No. We went there because we heard about a weird floating thing by the adventures in the West. So we decided to pay a visit. We thought we would be back by the time the festival would begin, but we got caught up." Chloe said.

"Caught up? What do you mean?"

"You see sensei, as soon as we saw it, Kenya and Ryota got excited and went straight towards the spaceship. As soon as it saw us, it started to attack us. I was about to shoot it down but Kenya and Ryota didn't let me, saying that it was too much of a waste." Alice explained.

"Sensei, it isn't our fault. Think about it. It's a real spaceship, it is every boy's dream to ride on a spaceship." Kenya tried to justify himself.

"Anyways, the problem wasn't that. Once we got close to it, its attack only got more and more aggressive. I tried to tell them to retreat, but they didn't listen. In annoyance, I ended up screaming in Japanese at them." Alice said.

"So?"

"You see, as soon I screamed, the attacks stopped. A small sphere came out of the spaceship. It had one red eye and it looked strangely at me. Abe then it asked me where I had learnt Japanese. When I told him I was Japanese only who was summoned into this world, he didn't allow us to leave, saying something that it is important for old humans to survive. He asked us to meet some people. They will come here in a few days, so he begged us to return on the day he gave us a signal."

"A sphere? Was his speech human like?" I ask.

"No. His voice was robotic, but his speech was very much human."

Don't tell me. If it really is that, then there's trouble.

3rd Person POV

Seeing that Rimuru's mood had visible worsened, Ciel quickly changed the topic.

"By the way, since you guys were late, you wouldn't get enough time to look through everything, so I guess you should enjoy every second of it, starting now." Ciel told the five. The five quickly agreed to the changed topic and decided to leave after a brief parting.

"What's wrong dear?" Ciel asked.
"You don't know much about the 'Last stand of Earth' do you?" Rimuru asks.

"No. I didn't learn much about it while growing up, why?"

"You see, during the war, when humanity was completely cornered, they decided to finally lift off any and all restrictions. Human experiments, weapons of mass destruction, anything and everything were produced without any restrictions. But there was one type of weapon that was the biggest double edged sword. It was so dangerous they all of those weapons were destroyed immediately after they went on revolt."

"Wait, weapons went on revolt?"

"That's right. They were specialized spaceships with highly advanced AI. The AI were so advanced that even now, there is no way to know how they were made in the first place. The only thing known is that it was made and produced in India, which had somehow obtained superior technology." Rimuru explained.

"Then what does it have to do with that spaceship? Do you think it is one of those ships?"

"Yes. I highly think so. After all, their AI matched completely with the information that was recorded.'

"If that is the case, what should we do? Interfering with the past would be quite disastrous if not done properly." Ciel put out her concerns.

"That's true. For now, let's see how to proceed. I guess I should go with them as well when they go there. You should come as well Ciel."

To this, Ciel nodded.

"Let's forget this for now. I don't want to ruin the mood anymore than this." Rimuru said with a sigh. The two tried to get over the mood by enjoying the festivities, which they successfully did, but Rimuru's problems weren't over yet. As Rimuru and Ciel were returning back to the castle, Ciel asked a question, that Rimuru would rather not answer.

"Dear, do you like Chloe?" Ciel asked.

Hearing this, Rimuru choked on the food that he was eating. Both of them had a plate of takoyaki that the two were eating.

"*Cough**cough* um... Ciel? What do you mean? I love you. There's-"

"No need to hide it. I was with you all the time before you died. Even if you don't acknowledge it yourself, I myself know. You have a special spot for her in your heart." Ciel said completely serious.

"Ha ha. There's no way that's true. She is my student after all."

"No need to make excuses, dear. I know how faithful you are. If I didn't bring this up, you wouldn't have even mentioned it, keeping it suppressed in your heart. To tell you the truth, even I don't want to see you with another woman, but you are a king. It's obvious that you will have a concubine or two. I really don't mind if it's Chloe. But only Chloe. After all, I accept her. She's someone who is worthy to stand by you." Ciel said.

"Ciel, you don't need to think about me like that. And even then, it's not like Chloe likes me."

"Who are you trying to fool? Even you know that she has feelings for you. Isn't that why you tried to distance yourself from her? Come, let's go and prove it you once and for all." Ciel said as she stood up and asked Rimuru to follow her.

Rimuru, unable to understand what was going on, just obediently followed. After some time, they came to a stop outside a room.

"Isn't this Chloe's room?" Rimuru asked. All five of Rimuru's students were staying in the castle only. They all have their own houses, but decided to stay together for the duration of this festival.

"That's right dear." Ciel said as she knocked on the door.

*Knock**knock*

"Come in." Said Chloe. Following this, the two entered.

"Eh? Sensei? Ciel-nee? Why are you two here?" Chloe asked surprised.

"You see Chloe, we wanted to give you good news." Ciel spoke without letting Rimuru comprehend what she was about to do.

"Good news?"

"Yes. Good news. You see, I am pregnant."

--------------------------------

I hope you guys like it. I was able to finish this over the weekend, but I doubt I will be able to upload on Wednesday. So the next upload is most probably on Friday.