CH-1 New Troubles

Ciel's POV

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say. A maid enters, followed by Chloe. The maid bows before leaving.

"Um.... Ciel-san. What should I do about this?" Chloe said as soon as she entered while giving me, what send to be, a letter.

I quickly skimmed through its content and look at Alicia through the laptop.

"Here's the official letter of what we were discussing." I say, waving the letter. To this, Alicia just looked away in shame.

"Eh? Ciel-san? Are you talking to Alicia?" She asked as she came in front of the laptop.

"Oh! Looks like I was right. Good to see you again Alicia."
"Hai. It is an honour to see you again Hero-sama."

"No need to be so formal." Chloe said as she pouted her lips.

Alicia would be one of the few humans who would know that the heroes and demon lords are not exactly on bad terms. Most humans think that we are mortal enemies, trying to kill each other. This misinformation mostly occurred due to the fact that Tempest broke off from the Western council some 300 years ago. Since then, people have long forgotten the strength of the truly powerful.

Hyme has returned to seclusion, Ruberios is still, well Ruberios. Milim's and Guy's domain were rebuilt due to damage that had occurred, but no human would ever go to either of the location, latter one especially, so they won't know. Dagruel's territory had been prospering, as such, there is no longer an enmity between Dagruel and Ruminas. Ramiris and her dungeon is still in Tempest, while Dino returned to Milim's territory to serve Veldanava.

Veldanava sent him back to Ramiris, telling him to live his own life how he wants. So yeah, he is a freeloader, yet again.

As for how we broke apart from the Western council...

Flashback

Nearly 200 years after rimuru's death
Ciel's POV

Sigh. Just how much of a problem do these idiots want to be? I am currently reviewing the demands of the Western Council for Tempest's renewal. Each country must renew its position in the council every century. As such, now that it's Tempest's turn, they have decided to place their demands that we must fulfill.

"These are even worst than what they demanded when Tempest entered. And you wanted me to see this, Testarossa? What am I supposed to say?" I speak up to Testarossa, who was just standing there.

She was just bowing her head without speaking anything.

"SPEAK!" I unintentionally raise my voice against her. After all, it's odd for her to overlook something like this.

"About that..... I was too busy monitoring the battlefield between the council and the Empire. There was nothing to threaten them with either. Even the crimes that they have committed are nothing worth threatening then with."

"The war...? Right, if I remember they just made up an excuse to go to eat and get the Empire's spoils, didn't they?"

"Hai. Tempest, as an ally nation of Empire and a part of the Western Council, decided to stay neutral, but..."

"I see. So this is why they decided to go to war right now."

I flip through the pages to reach the point that I had read earlier. The point written clearly stated that Tempest would have to provide active frontline support by deploying atleast three of the 12 patrons. They really have no shame. Well, I didn't need to scroll so down to decide that this was all loads of crap.

"How did they forget what happened just 200 years ago?! I am now doubting if they are even sane. Are you sure they aren't hypnotised or anything?" I ask.

"Hai. Even I was surprised to see that none of them were hypnotised."

How greedy have they become? Well, I can surely use this to my advantage.

"Alright. These are our demands to continue being a member of the Western Council." I say as I give a paper to Testarossa. It started our demands. Tempest would get the power to device who the chairperson will be. Regarding the war, the Western council would surrender. The peace treaty would be decided solely between the Empire and Tempest.

After Rimuru's death, Tempest had more or less shut its door to outsiders. Tempest didn't take part in any foreign events, even the council meetings. This made Tempest lose it's power in the Council. I also forbade Testarossa from retaking control of the council. After all, taking care of those good for nothing is much more trouble than what they are worth.

"And what do I do when they refuse?" Testarossa asked.
"Leave. Tell them that Tempest will no longer be a part of the Council. Here, take this with you as well." I say as I give her another paper. It was the resignation letter, signed by me.

Tempest would resign from its position as a Council member. When Tempest was just a small country, we needed recognition, but now, Tempest can survive on its own. Just like Dwargon or Sarion.

Flashback end...

That's how Tempest supported the Empire in the war, which was more like a practice for Tempest and Empire, and the Western council lost. Only soldiers were deployed from Tempest, no generals or powerful monsters were deployed. Benimaru was at stand-by in case of the worst case scenario, but nothing of that sort happened.

As I look straight at Alicia, she just looks down, waiting for me to finish.

"*Sigh* How's your situation?" I ask.
"Huh?" She looks in surprise at me.

"Your reputation must have fallen quite a bit, being rejected by the Prince, after all." Ciel explained.

"Ah! About that, I am fine. There are quite a few nobles who support me on this, so I am not exactly alone."

"I see. The exchange program should be a month from now. I will talk with Ingrassia's academy principal and have you transfer here, along with that vixen and her harem."

I can't believe that a single girl managed to charm nearly the entire future generation of Ingrassia. The prince, son of the military general, son of the head of a wealthy merchant company and a famous assassin. It's as if it was an otome game. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a skill like «Charm» that vampires have. Souei had already run a background check on her, so she wasn't associated any other demon lords.

"Alright. Just hold out for a month. I'll do something for you."

Alicia just bows and speaks, "I know that it is us who broke our side of promise, but please show mercy. Please don't hurt the common folk. They have nothing to do with it."

Promise, huh? I remember making a promise with the royal family. Ingrassia would recieve the latest technology, that we believe is safe to release. In return, we get to intervene if we believe the the crown Prince is not suitable for the throne, and choose his fiancee. They have technically broken the promise, but I have no reason to hurt the people, but I guess I'll have to act a bit. It might just make her help us a bit more honestly.

"Well.... That depends on how nicely you co-operate. I don't want unneeded bloodshed either."

Meanwhile....
Rimuru's Original World

Location:-????
Time:-????(After Rimuru's death)

Thousands of metal ships float around in the endlessness of space. Human bodies, burst open due to void of space and Frozen due to the cold were floating around. Corpse floated around without a destination in sight. But, all those human corpses were easily overshadowed by the corpse of a much larger worm like creature. With thousands of things piercing it, injected with poison, it finally died in pain. A single woman stood on top of her spaceship looking around.

"We suffered a lot..... But this is better...." She looks behind the corpse of the monster, only to be met with a bright light, as something shattered around her.

"A rift....? Why here?"

---------------------------------

I hope you guys like it. Enjoy.