CH-6 Alicia

Tia's POV

The World is controlled by the demon lords? What does that mean? If I am not wrong, there are eight demon lords. But none of them really care about what we humans do, except for demon lord Ciel. And what does a proxy demon lord mean? Does that mean she is only ruling in name. Then wouldn't she be quite weak? I see. That would make the game much easier.

Now that I think about it, this world is quite strange. There are trains, but no cars. There are even laptops and personal phones. Sort of. I look at my phone. It is nowhere near as useful as the ones on Earth, but they are nonetheless phones, yet there are no tanks, or airplanes. I wonder why.

"Attention. Lady Alicia is required to report into cabin no. 1. I repeat, Lady Alicia is required to report to cabin no.1. Thank you."

The voice spoke up. This was the audio that was used to direct passengers and maintain order, much like a loudspeaker. All the cabins were equipped with a voice box which transmitted the driver's voice to all the cabins.

The demon lord is calling Alicia? Wait. Could this be due to her engagement being broken? Wait. Doesn't that mean the demon lord will be on my heels from the beginning? How would I get any allies then? This is troublesome in so many ways.

Meanwhile...
Ciel's POV

As the train had begun to move, I decided to talk to Alicia. Considering that she is one of the powerful Dukes of Ingrassia, she should be in the first class compartment, but I doubt that she would be getting comfortable there. So, I tell the driver to announce and invite Alicia to my carriage.

After some time, Alicia came into the room. She entered and bowed. There was only two of us in this carriage.

"Lift your head." I say.

She did as I said and then sat on the chair opposite to me once I pointed at it.

"No need to be so stiff. I already know what's going on. Even though you said you were fine, you were still looked upon with scorn, weren't you? Did they bully you?" I ask. Upon hearing my question, she shivered involuntarily before opening and closing her mouth, trying to find an answer.

"No need to answer. I already know what was happening. I guess what happened is understandable if the prince were to publically renounce you. Just tell me whether you actually did anything bad to Tia."

"OF COURSE NOT!" As soon as she screamed, she realised what she had done. She quickly bowed her head in shame.

"It's alright. Act freely. I don't mind. So please, continue."

"R-Right. I did nothing to harm her. I only told her off and decided to teach her of the noble society since she seemed to not know basic courtesy. But she would always make it seem like I was tormenting her."

Hmph. I really want to just kill her now, but I guess that wouldn't be interesting. Also, no matter how hard she tries to hide it, she feels anger regarding what has happened. So I believe it would be better to let her take her revenge. But that would end up causing something like a rebellion.

"How troublesome." The voice leaks out of my lips.

As if on cue, Alicia trembles and bows deeply.

"I am sorry. I am sorry I failed you. Just one more chance. I will prove my worth. So please. Please don't stop your aid. Please. I beg of you."

As I look at Alicia, I am reminded that even in this world, there are a few nobles who care for the people. The territory under Alicia's control is the largest of Ingrassia, both in terms of population and area. But the problem is food. Without much fertile land, they are unable to farm much, as such I decided to strike a deal with them. I would provide them aid to improve their conditions, in return, their entire family will follow what I say.

"Do you remember what I said to you?" I ask.
"Hai. To become the queen. After that, I would have to officially loan off a part of the territory to Tempest."

"Wrong. I told you to get engaged with Ruthdord and get more political clout. 'Once' you become the queen, you will loan out the land. You haven't really broken any of the promise, so I won't take back the aid. Don't worry. In Tempest, no one will be able to harm you. You are completely safe. Stay here for the rest of the journey."

"H-Hai."

Few hours later...

As the magitrain comes to a stop, I wake Alicia up. Looks like all the pressure on her head finally caught up to her.

"Wake up Alicia, we are already at Tempest." I say as I lightly shake Alicia to wake her up.

She slowly rises and sits on the sofa before sluggishly looking around. Suddenly, her eyes go wide with realisation and immediately bows.

"I am sorry for my rude behaviour." She says. So formal.

"It's fine, it's fine. Anyways, go to the dorm and take some rest. The classes start tomorrow, after all."

I say that as I leave the compartment. Along with Testarossa and Ultima, Diablo was also there.

"Welcome back Ciel-sama. I had been waiting for you." Diablo said as soon as I exited.

"Yes, it's good to see you again Diablo. Anything out of the ordinary here in Tempest?"

"No. Nothing of the sort."

After that I continue to catch up with anything major that had happened in Tempest. While we were in the carriage, we passed through the Tempest academy. It is the second largest buliding here in Tempest, after the castle. There were many students going in and out of the academy. It was bustling with activity, even though it was evening, almost dusk, as a light shade of orange enveloped the sky.

Noticing my gaze, Diablo spoke up, "It seems they are preparing for tomorrow's welcome ceremony for the transfer students."

"I see. If I am not wrong, I was invited as well, wasn't I?" I ask.
"Hai. But sending someone as your replacement like always would be fi-"

"No. I think this time, I should go." As I said that, Diablo was caught off guard. He hadn't expected me to go personally, after all, only once have I ever attended any ceremony personally, and that was the inauguration of the academy.

"This is being hosted by Liscia, after all. I am sure it will be fine."

Liscia, Benimaru's daughter, is the student council president and Ria, his other daughter, is the head of the disciplinary committee. As the event is being hosted by the student council, Liscia would be the one leading the ceremony.

3rd person POV

After Ciel reached the castle, she went and talked to Benimaru to tell Liscia about her attendance. Liscia, just like most other monsters had high respect for Ciel, even more than what she had for Rimuru, which is understandable since she never met him. Once she learnt of her attendance, she didn't even sleep that night, making sure that all the preparation were up to the task of welcoming the queen of Tempest.

-------------------------

I hope you guys like it.