CH-54

Liscia's POV

Wait a minute. Wasn't I quite rude to her, considering she is a princess? She wouldn't mind, right? But still. I quickly get on my knee and bow down.

"I apologise for not realising your identity, Princess. I hope you will forgive me."

"*Sigh* i don't really like doing this, but mama said it is important to act like my position." She murmured. This confused me, but her tone suddenly changed.

"Lift your head. I don't care about your actions till now. I want you to act normally, just like you were." She said. Her voice sounded cold and resolute, something that you would not expect from a young child, especially if she isn't even half a month old. She had a dignity that only a queen would have. Though she had no experience and her words sounded hollow, but it exuded strength, none the less. It was just a metre imitation of a queen, most probably Ciel-sama.

"You really are just like Ciel-sama." I mutter.

"Really? Papa says the same. But I feel like I look more like papa."

"I didn't mean it based on how you look, rather how you act." I explain to her. She just nods her head and smiles. I guess she didn't understand what I meant, but still felt happy since she was compared to her mother.

"Ano ne, mama and papa are very important people right? Everyone looks up to them. As I am their daughter, one day I will have to take over their role right? I am not really sure if I would be good enough at that."

Huh? What is she saying? Why is she already thinking about the future?

"Why are you thinking about such stuff? You are still young. There's a long time for you to grow up. You should enjoy this time. You will not get such a free time ever again."

"Hmmm.... You see, the atmosphere in the castle is getting quite suffocating. It's as if something bad is about to happen. I am not sure, but it feels as if everyone is trying to hide something from me."

"You should forget all of this. Come on, I will show you something." I say as I show her a small pendant. It is a pendant that has been enchanted with my magic. Though it might be worth nothing in front of all the defensive treasures and artifacts she just gave received, it is still something that she can depend on.

"Woaahhhh. So pretty."

"Right? It had my magicules in it. You can use that to absorb my magicules in cases of emergency if you ever need more magicules. In cases of emergency, it will become a shield that will protect you."

I looked above her, and mother Alvis was still looking at her warmly, but suddenly turned her attention towards the door. Is father coming back?

"Papa." Shinsha screamed at dashed straight at the door. She can sense Rimuru-sama from so far away? Rimuru-sama usually hides his aura, so it is very difficult to serve him even from up close, yet she was able to sense him from so far away?

"Shinsha. You shouldn't come here without any guards you know?" Rimuru said with a stern look.

"But papa, there were people looking after me. I could sense them." Shinsha said. Just how good is she? I guess talent really plays a important role.

"Oh. It seems like you already met Liscia." Rimuru-sama said as he saw me.

"It is a pleasure to see you Rimuru-sama." I say as I bow down. And so does mother.

"No worries. You can rise. So? How was Shinsha? She didn't trouble you, did she?"

"No no. Not at all. She was very calm." I say, but as if to contradict what I had just said, Shinsha spoke.

"Ne ne. Papa. Papa, look. Nee-chan gave me this. Isn't this beautiful? So pretty. She said that I can keep it." Shinsha continued to explain excitedly.

"I see. It really is interesting. Anyways, Shinsha, it's time for your lessons. Let's go back."

"Ehhh? But I want to play with nee-chan."
"Don't worry. You will get to play a lot with her later on. I promise."

"... Okay. Nee-chan, see you later." Shinsha said as she waved. Once they had left, father spoke up.

"How was she?"
"Hmm? What do you mean father?"
"I meant as a child, and as a princess."

"She is young, so she isn't exactly experienced. She tries to live up to the expectations. She has a lot of potential."

"Hmm... I thought so as well. She is Rimuru-sama's daughter after all. So, there is something I would like you to do."

"What is it father?"
"Remember. If you don't want to do it. You can say no, alright?"
"Mhmm."
"I want you to act as her bodyguard. Stay with her, help her, and most importantly keep her safe."

"Huh? Aren't there other people better suited for this job?"
"There are. But Rimuru-sama himself suggested this. If you want, you can stay with her and help her."

"Give me some time to think, father."
"Alright."

3rd Person POV
One year later...

A lot had happened in a year. The young and naïve Shinsha had grown splendidly. She had grown up to be a princess worthy of everyone's attention.

Rumours say that there was a time when she was kidnapped and she single-handedly murdered all the kidnappers in cold blood and rescued other kidnapped children.

Rumours say that there was a time when she, along with her right hand, Liscia, reached the hundredth floor of the labyrinth and challenged the king of the labyrinth all on their own.

Rumours say that there was a time when she sorted out international problems and stopped a large scale war, all on her own, without even intervening by herself.

Whether these rumours are true, no one can tell. But rumours just don't pop out of nowhere, and often have a base.

The princess who is now one year old, no longer copies the dignified appearance of her mother, or the strength of her father. She had learnt to make these their own. The princess who everyone believes is only a year old, has in fact, loved for nearly ten years, in a special dimension where time flows differently. She was constantly trained in this other dimension, while she spent a leisurely life in the Cardinal World.

As the day of the war approaches closer, Shinsha prepared to take part. Only a month back, Rimuru told Shinsha about the war. Shinsha who had till now killed many criminals to get accustomed to taking lives didn't fear the battlefield, neither did she have childish thoughts about why everyone couldn't stay together in peace.

After all, as a princess, she couldn't afford to back down and let her people suffer. She had been told that she would be taking the charge of the attack forces, meanwhile the Navy would be under the control of Hyme. This would be the first major real war Shinsha would take part in, and she had no intentions to lose.

—————————

I hope you guys like it.