CH-15 Semifinals Part 1

3rd Person POV

"And you Liscia? What do you want?"
"Your majesty. I want to negate Ria's decision. I want that dagger to never be given to us."

Hearing Liscia's demand, everyone was shocked. Murmurs of " Is that allowed?" And "No way that can be done." could be heard around the arena.

Ciel just looked at Liscia with a smirk.

"Very well. The dagger, requested by Ria, would be denied due to the request by Liscia."

This caught everyone by surprise. They weren't expecting this request to be accepted. This literally implies that anyone could cancel the other person's demand by using his own. The fact that it was accepted by Ciel, currently highest authority, easily meant that this was allowed, not only this time, but in future tournaments as well.

"Very well. Now that everyone has made their demands, please go to waiting room, check your equipment and get ready for your fights. I wish all of you luck."

As Ciel said that, all of the four went into waiting room. After a small five minutes, all of four of them walked out into the arena. They quickly divided into pairs of two, depending upon who would fight who.

A barrier was set up, separating the two sides, after which Ciel motioned the battle to begin.

Out of the four, it was Jeb who made the first move. He dashed straight at Alicia, trying to close the distance before Alicia could use her gun. Alicia, as if expecting this, didn't even bother to make distance or bring out her gun. She clashed straight with Jeb, which surprised him. Jeb, though caught off guard didn't falter. He continued to attack by keeping the distance between them minimal. Jeb's sword style is nothing to scoff at. Even though he was never trained by anyone, he seemed to have an exceptional control with the sword. His footwork, which matched his swordsmanship and its unpredictability. Yet, That wasn't the most dangerous weapon in his Arsenal. Oh no. It wasn't even close.

He had an advantage that couldn't be overcome easily. And that advantage was...

*Slash*

Just as Jeb's sword missed Alicia by a whisker, Alicia thought to counter, but was met a heavy attack on her abdomen. Jeb had dashed straight at her, and Alicia, to her credit, had managed to out maneuver Jeb. She was sideways to Jeb. She was sure that there was nothing he could do now, yet here she was, slowly falling to the ground on her back. What had struck her was a tail. Jeb's tail.

Jeb, if you had forgotten, was a Lizardmen. His characteristics greatly matched that of a human, but his tail was an obvious giveaway that he was anything but. Jeb was not the type of person to let an advantage slip by without taking advantage of it.

Even though the fight look won, Alicia still had one more trick up her sleeve. As she fell to the ground, she wielded the pistol that she had requested. Even though she was falling, she managed to take aim and shoot. The bullet managed to pierce through Jeb's right arm. This managed to catch everyone by surprise.

*Bam*

Another gunshot was heard, as Jeb shot his bullet straight at Alicia's stomach. The bullet came in contact with her skin and came to a complete halt. Alicia just looked at the speed bullet, before finally understanding what had happened. She just held her hand up, signalling her defeat.

What in reality happened, was that a subskill of her unique skill «Queen» quick have her a barrier. The barrier was as strong as that of Michael's, but it could only be used to stop one fatal attack per day. Realising that even her last card had been used up, she gave up. The crowd broke out into a thundering applause and noise. Yet that noise was easily overshadowed.

BOOM

As if waiting for that exact moment, a large explosion occurred on the other side of the battlefield. Ria quickly jumped back, as Liscia continued to close the distance between them. Liscia was like a predator, chasing after her prey, Ria. Ria, who is usually always on the offense, is today being pushed back. All of Liscia's supporters were on cloud nine.

Meanwhile...
Some time ago...
Rimuru's POV

Woah! This really is completely different. I am currently going across one of the smaller streets on the edge of the city. I have completely supposed my aura and am sending it to my stomach. I have also casted illusion magic on myself, just in case someone might recognise me. As I continue to walk around the new city, I realise that some major changes were made to the city plan.

Tempest's capital, Rimuru, was earlier made to act as a confusing maze on the outskirts, to prevent enemy soldiers from easily infiltrating. But now, all of the small and winding narrowing streets have been cleared, replaced by larger roads. It is no longer a maze, but an extension of the main city. Another thing I noticed was electricity. Well, not exactly electricity, but magicules. There were things like banners, light and many other things. After looking around for a solid few minutes, I decided to return to an old Tavern and eat. All this walking had me hungry after all.

As I come in front of the tavern, memories flow back to me. They weren't that old to me. For me, only a two hundred years have passed, after all. The wooden exterior with plants sprouting around the corner completely adds to the theme. Well, I guess that's expected as it is maintained by a Dryad.

I walked in, but was surprised by the person inside. It wasn't Treyni. Or her sisters. Or any other Dryad I had known. Is she a new one? One born in the past 500 years? Being a nature spirit, they are very rare. One being born would be more rare than finding a habitable planet without a GPS.

"Oh! Umm.. Welcome." The Dryad says as she noticed me. She was surprised at first, but regained her composure quite quickly.

"Hello mister. What would you like?" The Dryad asked. Seems like she didn't realize who I was. Well, of she had ever met me, then it would have been possible to recognise me since my aura is not completely supposed. Some of my aura is still leaking out, after all.

I just order what I always used to. She smiled and told me to wait for some time. I then turn towards the counter. Behind the counter was a large screen, showing a footage of two pairs of people fighting. One of them was a human, and her opponent was a Lizardmen. The match had just come to an end, but the other two, who appeared to be sisters continued to fight each other.

The two looked a lot like Benimaru. They both were Ogres and their fighting styles were quite similar to Benimaru and Hakurou. By the way, I am not the only one who was looking at the TV. There were a few other customers, and they were also completely absorbed into the match.

*Clank*

"Here you go mister." The Dryad says as she put a plate on the table.
"Thanks."

The Dryad just smiled and leaves. While I was eating, I continued to watch the match. One of them easily send to be in control of the match.

While I was eating, two girls entered the tavern and walked up behind me. A smile crept onto my face as I realised who they were.

"So? Who do you think will win? Sensei?" The girl asked.

------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.