CH-39

Chloe's POV

As we enter the mansion, a round robot came to guide us to the room. Its body rolled on the ground, but its head was somehow floating above that round body. It looked quite cute. As we followed it inside the door, I suddenly had an odd feeling. I looked around myself but nothing was out of the ordinary.

I quietly followed them into a room where Rimuru and Ciel-nee sat down on the sofa. I followed the two and and sat down as well. Another robot just like the first one came in, but it had a slightly different colour. It gave us drinks and then bowed by moving his floating head before leaving the room. Just as the robot was about to leave, the door opened and a man walked in.

Dark aura was exuding out of him. Just his aura have me the chills. He looked to be in his thirties. He had many scars on his face and hands. He slowly came to the sofa opposite to is and sat down.

"*Sigh* What did you do now?" The man asked.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything. I just came to meet you." Rimuru replied.

"Meet me? You of all people? Stop with the jokes. I won't even ask why you are faking your death. Just tell me what you want."

"Geez. Can't you be a bit more considerate of your friend. I died in the battle with Xenos."

"Ya. Sure you did, buddy. And you are just a ghost. Sure. By the way, who is this beautiful young lady?" He said while looking at me.

"Oh her? She's Chloe. Chloe, he is Aaron. He is an old friend of mine."

"Hi. Nice to meet you." I say as I bow.
"Nice to meet you as well."

"So? What did you come here for?"
"I need a fake identity and some money."
"Why?"
"I just have to go to the capital and back. Two day trip at most."

"That doesn't answer my question. Why?"
"I just have to. I will tell you later."
"Whatever. I don't care anymore. I will create three identities for you guys. By the way, should I tell your siblings?"

"No. It's better if they think I am dead."
"You sure?"
"Yep."
"Fine. Suit yourself. Now get out of here. I will be in a load of trouble if you were to be found here." Aaron said. Both Rimuru and Ciel-nee stood up, but their aura didn't move.

'Don't move Chloe.' Ciel-nee told me through thought communication.

'What's going on?'
'It's just an illusion. Someone from the outside is spying on us. It is just to throw him off guard.'

As I continue to watch, the fake illusions of Rimuru, Ciel-nee and me leave the room. We continue to sit in silence for some time before I see some movement outside the window.

"It seems like the mole has gone. Does Sakura really not trust you?" Rimuru asked. As he spoke up, I felt something shattering. It was as if a light film had been covering is which suddenly broke apart.

"It's not my fault. Who was it that decided it was good to rush into an unauthorised planet alone? Huh? Because of whom did we lose one of our heaviest bargaining chips? Go on. Tell me."
"I get it. I get it. Stop harassing me, Aaron."

"*Sigh* There's a lot I want to ask. How did you survive? What about your mechanical heart? Why can't I feel your radio waves? Who is Chloe? What happened to C.C.?" Aaron said looking at me and then at Ciel-nee.

"Well, it's a long story. But, keu ne make it clear, I did die. I am not the Azatoth you know. Azatoth did in the battle with Xenos."

"What do you mean."

"To summarise, I died and was reincarnated. It was a world where magic ether was much more concentrated. So much so, that magic ores that we make artificially over hundreds of years could be found naturally. Obviously, due to this, magic there was highly developed as well. I slowly rise up to power in that world with help of many people, and found a way to come back. That's the gist of it." Rimuru said. Aaron continued to stare at him.

"Who do you think you are? A novel protagonist? A hero?"
"No. I am a demon lord."

"I guess that does suit you better."
"No no. I am not joking. I am telling the truth."
"Ya. Sure about that. What's up with C.C.?"

"Ciel."
"Huh?"
"Call her Ciel."

"Have you finally gone nuts? Naming an automation after your wife. I guess you really have gone beyond the point of no return."

"It seems you don't understand Duke Aaron. Dear is telling the truth. I really am Ciel." Ciel-nee spoke up. Seeing Ciel-nee speak up, Aaron seemed surprised. He continued to stare at her in bewilderment.

"C.. Ciel-sama? Is that really you? i am.. I am really glad to see you again." Aaron said with tears in his eyes.

"Azatoth. Which devil did you sell your soul to revive her?" Aaron spoke up.

"No one. I am the devil."

"Is that so? If you don't want to tell me, then it's fine. I am just glad that you are back. Now that you are here, Princess, please sort out these issues." Aaron said as he pulled out a stack of papers from his ring that he was wearing on his right hand .

"Sorry for testing you like this, but just to make sure. I hope you won't be offended." Aaron.

"No problem. We are both from the same homeland. I will not get angry over such a trivial thing." Ciel-nee said as she quickly started working on the papers.

"Aaron. Considering that the spy is in your mansion..." Rimuru spoke up.

"Most of us noble have one spying on us. The problem is, the information about you would reach Sakura's ear in about a day."

"Well, I just need to go to that place. You know, the one I told you about?"

"Is it to take back her stuff?" Aaron asked as he looked at Ciel. To this, Rimuru just nodded.

"Then you don't need to go anywhere. I have it in this mansion only."

"Huh? What is it doing here?"

"Though not many people know this, your soul crystal didn't shatter. As such, I thought it would be better to take your personal belongings. It would be better than being in a showcase in a museum, won't it?"
"I guess."

"Here. I am done. Are these real? It has only been a few years since Rimuru died. Quite a fair bit had changed." Ciel said, giving back the papers.

Aaron took the paper and looked over it with a smile.

"I'm sorry for doubting."
"No problem."

"All right. Follow me. I'll take you to the storage." Aaron said as he stood up. Rimuru and Ciel-nee followed him, so I also stood up and we left the room.

-------------------------------

I hope you guys like it. I somehow managed to finish this, but I have no clue if I will be able to upload this month anymore.