CH-43

3rd Person POV

"Oh? And what makes you think that?" Rimuru asked.

"They were always suspicious of me. The number of spies on me were increasing day by day. Their ways of keeping track was odd. Their devices didn't react to magicules too much. They were just like surveillance cameras. I am surprised that they have such technologies." Yuuki said with a shrug.

"So you were caught?" Rimuru asked.
"Most probably." Yuuki said.

"Alright then. If they already know that you have contacts with us, why don't we utilise it to the fullest?" Ciel said with a grin.

"What are you planning?" Rimuru asked.

"Why don't we send Testarossa over along with Yuuki to represent our nation?" Ciel suggested.

"The other demon lords won't sit quietly either you know? " Rimuru pointed out.

"That's all right. We can discuss everything now. After all, they are all already in Tempest."

Hearing this, Rimuru pondered for a bit. Allowing every demon lord to state their demands will reduce the power Rimuru would have in decisions regarding the other continent, but conversely, it also implies that the other demon lords can now forcefully not intervene, or else it would lead to an all out war.

"Fine. That's good and all. But what do we even demand from them?"

"We can discuss that later, can't we? For now, let's enjoy the festival. I doubt you got much to enjoy in the other continent. Good job. I guess you deserve a few days of vacations." Ciel said.

Hearing this, Yuuki looked straight at Ciel with tears in his eyes.

"Thank God." He said before leaving as fast as he could so that Ciel didn't change her mind.

"Let's go and enjoy." Ciel said as she entwined her arms with Rimuru's.

Rimuru spent the rest of day with those he knew. With Shizue and his students, then with Gazel and Elmesia, even Ellen was there. Then he enjoyed drinking with Youm,
Gabiru, Geld and Benimaru.

At night....

In a room, all the demon lords, heroes and some important rulers like Elmesia, Gazel and Luna were sitting.

All of them had already been briefed regarding Rimuru's plan to send Testarossa over to the next continent.

"So? What should we demand from them?" Rimuru asked.

"Why do you want to form a treaty? Just defeat them and take over. We can take over and divide the territory." Guy suggested.

"Sorry to disappoint you Guy, but Tempest will not support a direct invasion first. It is too much of a hassle to maintain and manage territories that are far apart, forget it if they are on another continent."

This fact is something that Ciel said with experience. It was so difficult to manage Tempest and the kingdom North of the Empire that they had annexed for Blanche, that in less than a century, Ciel gave complete autonomy to Blanche.

"Also. If you have forgotten, our main goal isn't only to expand territory. That continent has various resources and relics of its own. We have to make sure that there are no relics on the level of Tenma. If there are, we have to obtain it destroy it, in any way possible." Rimuru reminded everyone.

"That's fine and all, but why not just attack them head on? I doubt they have anyone as strong as us." Guy asked.

"Exactly. And that is what is surprising. Why would they think of invading if they know how strong we are. Forget the demon lords, the stories of the True Dragons should be more than enough to scare them off. If they are still attacking, they obviously have some sort of plan.

Also, don't forget about the Goddess. If she is anywhere as close as Veldanava, we are in for a tough fight. Even if we all went against Veldanava, I doubt we would be able to win. The chances would be 40 to 60. 40 of us winning."

"So what? If it's only you, me and Milim and Ruminas at the back to support us, our chances will rise substantially, won't it?" Guy pointed out.

"True, but that is only because we know how Veldanava fights. You fought him in the past, even if it was very short. We also know his attributes and fighting capabilities. But this 'Goddess', we know nothing of." Rimuru pointed out.

"True, but isn't it the same for her? She had no clue how we fight either."

"That would have been the case, but did you forget the Hall of Fame?  It broadcasted nearly all of the important battles. Your battles with Velzard, your battles with Rudra, my battle with Velgrynd and Veldora, my battle with Ivarage. All these battles have most probably been broadcasted. It would be better to assume they know our fighting style."

"So. What do you suggest we do?" Guy asked. Hearing this, Rimuru gave a smirk.

"Why not ask him?" Rimuru asked as he pointed to towards empty space, it so everyone thought, but Veldanava was standing there, without being noticed by anyone.

"To tell you the truth, even I am surprised. I have never heard of this so called goddess, so I believe she is some sort of local deity." Veldanava said as walked and sat down after materialising a chair as if it was completely natural for him to be here and there was nothing off about him not being noticed.

"I personally don't want to start a straight up war, maybe because I still remember the catastrophic War of Gods, but let me tell you this, even if she is a newborn goddess, the damage to this world won't be on a scale that can be repaired." Veldanava said.

"So you are suggesting to just stand back? Shouldn't that idiot of a goddess also be afraid of the destruction of her world?"

"True. That is what is confusing me. If she really was a goddess, she wouldn't instigate an all out war."

"So, I have an idea." Ciel spoke up, to everyone's surprise. Everyone knew that Ciel's schemes were highly effective, so everyone paid attention.

"Why don't we send Testarossa over and state that the entire continent must come under our dominion and the Church to be disbanded?"

Hearing this, there was extreme silence in the room.

"Wasn't this what we started with?" Chloe asked confused.

"Weren't we trying to avoid the war? Why are we instigating it now?" Leon asked.

"Simple. If this goddess refuses and starts a war, we can surely say that she is a newly ascended God. If that's the case, we can overwhelm her directly in a separate dimension. The damage would be considerable, but if we were to fight in a separate world, it should be manageable.

If they refuse and proceed to have peace talks, then that works fine with us as well, after all, them it is better to assume she is someone as old as Veldanava."

After hearing Ciel's explanation, Veldanava pondered for a bit before giving up and giving his approval.

"I doubt she is someone who has been ruling for a long time, because if she was, I would have known about her. Regardless, it is always better to be prepared. If she, on the off chance, really is a third or fourth era God, I will intervene." Veldanava said.

After this was concluded, everyone decided to leave and enjoy the fireworks event and festival outside. The remainder of the festival passed by quickly in a festive mood.

--------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.