CH-32

Rimuru's POV

I come back into the room with Ciel. She leads me straight to Lucia, who was enjoying the food. The food was buffet style, so it was easy to walk, eat and talk, all at the same time.

"It seems like you are much more stable mentally now, compared to when we last met." Lucia said as she saw me.

"I guess. Maybe because of her." I say as I hug Ciel with my right arm around her waist.

"Seeing you two like this reminds me of me and Veldanava when we were younger. We were just like you two." Lucia commented.

"Well, I'll leave you two to enjoy yourself. I can't really call it youth anymore now, can I?" Lucia said as she began to leave.

"Ah! One more thing." I say, stopping Lucia in her tracks. She turns around to look at me.

"Thank you for your help. If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't have been able to meet Ciel ever again." I say as I bow to her.

"Ah... Etto.... Please raise your head." She said confused on how to react.

I raise my head and look at her. She was looking at me with confusion.

"I didn't really think you were the type to thank me like this."

"Atleast even I know how to thank others." I reply

"I see. Then I'll be taking my leave." With that, she left me and Ciel.

Ciel and I spent the rest of the night together. By the time it was sunrise, all of us had dispersed to enjoy the festivities in the city. The festivities will go on for an entire week, so I am sure everyone is looking forward. Everyone might be, but I am not.

"Why do I have to say a speech?" I ask Ciel, who was in front of me as I sat down on the chair in my room.

"Because you are the ruler of Tempest. As the king, you have to make a statement, not only to your people, but to other countries as well."

"Don't wanna. Even you know I am not any good in such things. Why don't you do it on my behalf?"

"Because you are the leader of Tempest. I may be your wife, but you hold more power than me. Since you built this nation, take responsibility for it."

"*Sigh* fine. But don't expect a grand speech. I am not good in such stuff like you are." Usually I would have Ciel make me a speech, but I guess I can't do that now, can I?

"I know. A short and crisp speech is what suits you the best. Just be yourself." Ciel said as she smiled.

*Knock**knock*

"Come in." As I said that, a maid entered the room. She bowed and told us that it was time for today's opening speech.

*Sigh*

"All right. Lead the way." I say as both me and Ciel change into our clothes. I take a glance at the mirror before leaving. Unlike before, I was now using my own face as I was in my previous world. My face was now wo defined and didn't look feminine at all, like it used to be. If someone from my previous world were to see me, they would recognise me instantly.

Both me and Ciel and follow the maid to the balcony of the castle overlooking the entire city. The maid stops right before the door and opens it for me and Ciel to pass through. Ciel goes first as she is more well known than me. I then follow her. As soon as she is on the balcony, a loud cheer could be heard all over the city.

As I came up beside her, the cheers started to change to excited whispers. Before the whispers could die down, I released songe of my aura and spoke up.

"Citizens of Tempest. It is nice to see you all. I am Rimuru Tempest, King of Tempest. Those amongst you who have lived long enough might remember my aura, but even the others, I am sure you can feel our connection deep down. After all, your ancestors had pledged their allegiance to me, and I had promised to protect them. I might look different now, but fret not, I am still me.

I will not keep you guys busy with my boring speech. Everyone. ENJOY YOURSELVES." As soon as I say, cheers erupt yet again.

As both Ciel and I leave the balcony, Ciel is stifling her laugh.

"What?"
"Hahaha. Nothing. Just leave it to you, and this is the speech you give. Hahaha. To think you were the one who had plunged the entire universe into chaos."

Seeing her laughing like this, I felt extremely warm inside. Without even realising, I was smiling from the bottom of my heart.

3 days later...

3 days of the festival have already passed. Though there have been many instances of slight disturbances, nothing so important has happened that it would cause an actual trouble.

But, what had been concerning me is the movement going on behind the scenes. All of these movements were being organised by humans who belonged to different Western Nations. This much, I had expected. But what is surprising is that the other group of spies, whose origins are unknown, are still keeping a distance and moving with wait-and-see approach.

I have a feeling that a move will be made tonight. Any later, and they will lose their chance to do anything worthwhile. As I believe, it would be better to start the plan right now.

I open a thought communication and tell my subordinate to begin the plan tonight. As the plan will begin tonight, I decided to take a trip through the city this evening. As I was walking through the city, I put on a disguise so no one will recognise me. Ciel is currently in the castle, bidu with some paperwork. I completed mine, but it looks like she had done problems with hers, so she is just sorting them out.

As I continue to go around the stalls and shops, I eat at various places, play a few games and look at the happy faces of my citizens. As night was beginning to fall, I saw Benimaru, Shuna and Shion coming towards me from afar. They still hadn't noticed me.

I looked at Benimaru. His face was smiling, but I could tell that something was amiss. I might not have seen him in a few days, but his aura had changed. Now that I think about it, I haven't met Shuna and Shion since I've been revived.

The three continue to walk towards me, before finally realising I was here. Shuna and Shion made a beeline straight towards me. I thought they they would hug me, like they used to, but surprisingly they didn't.

They came in front of me and bowed.

"It's been a long time, Rimuru-sama. We are glad that your revival was a success." Shuna said while bowing.

Her greetings felt a bit, or rather, a lot more distant than they used to be.

"It sure has. I heard you were busy in managing your own cities. It couldn't be helped." I say.

Both Shion and Shuna looked like they had a lot to say, but it was Benimaru who spoke first.

"I am sure you two have a lot to talk about with Rimuru-sama, but there is something that I must make clear now."

As the said that, my illusion spell was broken forcefully by Benimaru. Before I could even react, he continued to speak.

"Demon Lord Rimuru-sama. I officially challenge you to a duel with your title and authority as a demon and as a king on the line."

Huh? HUH? WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

--------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.