CH-8 Duel

Ciel's POV
Next day...

Summer tournament. It is a tournament which is held in one of the four academies, alternating each year. This time, it is held here in Tempest academy. Currently, it is one of the largest festivities in Tempest. It is something that brings entirety of Tempest together. It reminds me of the galactic sports events that used to take place in my previous world.

There are many different categories, but in Tempest, the one usually given the most attention is the fighting section. It has one on one duels as well as team and strategic battle. Both Ria and Liscia are competing to take part in the one on one duel. Since only one person can can be chosen to skip the qualifiers from each school, it will either be Ria or Liscia. The other would have to, no doubt go through the qualifiers and fight against weaklings, instead of actually getting stronger. As such, to decide who gets to qualify directly, the two would be having one final duel in the arena. And the duo have invited me as a witness.

"So? Benimaru? Who do you think will win?" I ask him.
"To tell you the truth Ciel-sama, even I am not sure. Ria is undoubtedly stronger than Liscia, but Ria can easily lose her bearings. If Liscia can take advantage of that, then it's her win, after all, the difference in their strength isn't too big."

"True." I then turn towards the arena. Both Ria and Liscia are getting ready for the fight. There are some students here, but considering this is an unofficial fight between the two and no reservations were made, I think there shouldn't be to much of distractions.

"Ria. Liscia. Good luck to both of you. As a way to get you fired up, the winner will get this bracelet." I said, showing them the golden bracelet that I was winning. It is a mythical class treasure that can absorb one fatal blow on behalf of the wearer, even if the attack is on the soul. It is somewhat of an imitation of Lucas's (Satoru's brother) soul weapon.

This got the two riled up. There was literal fire in their eyes.

"Also, it doesn't matter even if you lose, I will still give you something. So go fight to your heart's content." As soon as I said that, Surya climbed on the stage and stood in between them as the referee.

"Alright..... Fight." As soon as Surya said that, the two dashed at each other.

Tia's POV

I going around collecting information and finding any strong person to add to my harem who might help me defeat the demon lord. As I look around, no one catches my eye. What a boring day. Shouldn't there be some first day event? Like bumping into a prince or something. I didn't even let Ruthdord or Dion follow me. I, for sure, thought that I would meet someone, but I met no one considerably out of the ordinary. Well, majority of the people I met were humans. I want to meet a cute beastman as well. Who is powerful. Why can't I find anyone worthwhile? What is up with this shitty game?

"Hey, did you hear? Ria-sama and Liscia-sama are fighting?" I heard someone murmur
"Really?"
"Yes. Even Ciel-sama and Benimaru-sama is there."

I looked around to see two girls whispering to each other. I was surprised to see that both of them had monster like features. This might be the first time one of them didn't see me with hostility, well they didn't see me at all.

"Benimaru-sama? Kyaah.... Let's go."
"That's right. Hurry. We might be able to see Surya-sama as well." The girl said as she began to move.
"My. I can't wait. I do wonder who will win though."

The two continued to talk but I was unable to hear them as they moved away. I quickly followed after them and reached the arena. Ria and Liscia must be strong. From the rumours I have heard, the two are the daughters of Benimaru, one of the twelve patrons. If I make connections with them, then I might be able to convince this Benimaru to join my side as well and help me kill that demon lord.

The duo in front of me quickly enters the arena. I follow them as well and am met with a horrifying scene. There was blood splattered on the floor of the stage. Ria's left hand was completely broken. It was twisted at an angle or shouldn't be at. With blood flowing down the arm, it just dangled there. Her right arm was raised above her head. A small fire needle had pierced through her palm, pinning the arm to the wall. Ria was barely able to stand due to the fact that her hand was pinned onto the wall of the barrier. Her orangish red hair was now dyed crimson red with blood. Her blood oozed out of her wounds. Her bloodshot eyes looked straight at Liscia, who herself wasn't in a much better situation.

Liscia had a large wound on her back. There was a large gash on her left arm. She had a large cut on her cheek. The sword in her hand, which was given be the academy had already been cracked. Her left part of the body was completely burnt, roasted. Her right hand was comparatively fine, but even they had many small wounds. Her legs were completely covered in bruises.

In the middle of these two was a boy. He had little to no injuries in him. He looked at the two, keeping up with every single one of their movement. He looked a lot like the sisters. I wonder if he is Surya, their younger brother. He had to be.

Liscia then raised her right hand and aimed a fireball straight at Ria and gave a smile.

"It's my win." She said. Everything went silent....

Before erupting into a applause. Everyone was cheering for Liscia. How could anyone cheer such a barabaric act. I looked around and noticed that most of the people here were monsters. There's no way! They might lose their lives. As I looked around, my eyes fell on two people who were completely out of place here. The demon lord Ciel, and a man with red hair and horns. From what I've heard, he must be Benimaru. He looks quite strong. But seeing how he doesn't even flinch after seeing the condition of his daughters. I don't think he will be kind, at all.

"That's enough. The winner is Liscia." Surya declared, indicating the end of the battle.

Quickly, a medic arrived, giving both Ria and Liscia a bottle. The drank the contents and healed completely. I am surprised. To think something like this exists. I've heard that the production and selling of an all heal portion had been stopped long ago.

*Clap**Clap**clap*

Through all the noise, the clapping of one person could be heard distinctively. Hearing it, everyone became quiet. The person was no one other than the demon lord Ciel.

--------------------------------

How is it? I hope you guys like it.