CH-22

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS. I AM OUT ENJOYING MYSELF ON THE FINAL NIGHT OF 2023. I hope you guys are enjoying it as well. PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THE NEXT YEAR AS WELL.

---------------------------

Rimuru's POV

Seeing that I won't be getting any answer out of Veldanava. I turn to face Ciel. That's when I realised Ciel want where she was supposed to be.

"Dear, Come here and look at this." I heard Ciel say just as I was about to look for her. I follow her voice and see that she is in another section of the 'Hall of Fame'. Not sure how much I support this name, but oh well. As I move towards her, I notice her looking intriguely at a nearby wall. I cannot exactly see what's on the wall from this angle, thanks to a door frame blocking my view.

As I cross the door, what looks like a TV screen could be seen. But. What was concerning was what was being shown on it. I turn around and see that everyone had followed me here as well.

"Oh. It's your previous world, isn't it?" Veldanava said as he looked at the screen.

To most, they won't understand anything. What was being shown was an Interstellar war. But what surprised me was that it was being shown here.

"Why is this shown here?" I ask turning to face Veldanava.
"That's because that is the only battle that a God or a God candidate is currently in."

"Fufufu." I turn around to see Ciel giggle.

"What happened?" I ask.
"I thought that you were the only one to be this record reckless, but it seems to run in your family."

Hearing this, I focus on screen, only to realise that one of the sides is of my home Empire in my previous world, The Sakura Empire. Their sides was led by the imperial starship Argos. It should have a member of royalty on board. So it is either my brother or, most probably, my sister Sakura.

3rd Person POV

Sakura. Despite being born as the only girl in the Empire's royalty, she was named after the Empire herself. Just like the founding Empress, she had a birthmark the shape of a Sakura Petal on her neck. As such, she was also named Sakura.

Sakura, was third in line to inherit the throne. Before her were her two brothers, Lucas, the crown Prince, and Satoru, the second in line. Both she and Satoru had the same mother, but Lucas and her younger brother were born from a different mother. As such, they would often get caught up in a fight for succession when they were young.

But, this all changed one day, after Satoru graduated from the academy, when Satoru announced that he would give up his right to throne. True to his word, his faction broke apart, and Satoru went to join the military. This all but guarenteed that Lucas would be the next King.

Yet, as fate would have it, people still believed that Satoru would be better as the King. The old faction that supported Satoru was officially broken, but they still continued to support him, in hopes that he would change his mind. Lucas, who stayed in the palace often overheard his vassals and guards praising Satoru. But. Lucas kept on enduring. Then, one day, it was finally too much. Taking a fleet of nearly a hundred thousand, he attacked Satoru, disguised as space pirates.

His attack was a success, killing off everyone who was in Satoru's faction. As they populace was told, Satoru was attacked by space pirates and meet his demise. But the people weren't dumb. Satoru was one of the best military strategist in the country with state of the art technology. There was no way he would have died by mere space pirates.

Everyone knew that something was going on being the scenes, but no one voiced their opinion, fearing what could happen to him and his family. That's just how humans are. They always wish for a hero who would challenge the unjust things, but they don't want that hero to be someone they know. They don't want to suffer for the greater good. They don't want to suffer for the sake of others. Very few do. Hence they are called heroes.

For the next 20 to 30 years, nothing of note happened. When it was finally time to coronate the new emperor Lucas, something disastrous happened. On the day of the coronation, that was being broadcasted live not only throughout the Empire, but other kingdoms as well, a disaster struck.

Just as the pope was about to put the crown on Lucas's head, making him the next emperor, his head was blown off. As blood splattered everywhere, someone took the Pope's place.

All the knights in the venue were killed or knocked out. It was without a doubt the work of not only an incredible squad of assassins, but they also knew the secret routes to come here, into the sanctuary where the ritual was taking place.

As blood splattered on Lucas, he looked up to see the face of his brother, who he thought he had killed. His face contorted in anger and confusion, but his fear grasped his heart making him unable to move.

"Congratulations to his highness....." Satoru said in a sarcastic tone in front of billions, if not trillions of people online and continued after placing the crown on his head, ".... The emperor." After saying that, he disappeared. To everyone who didn't know any better, assassins had managed to sneak into the sanctuary and potentially kill the emperor.

Lucas, who knew the truth couldn't reveal it either, or else that would bring back the question as to why Rimuru is still alive, despite his dead body being allegedly found and cremated.

When this news reached Sakura, she immediately put two and two together. There were already rumours that Satoru was still alive. Upon further investigation, she found that the Black Ops Squad that used to work under Rimuru and gone into hiding were the ones responsible for this entire charade.

For the next two months, nothing happened. But, Lucas was under constant stress and fear that he might be assassinated at any time. This causes his health to worsen at an astronomical rate. Two months later, he was found dead. The reason made public was overworking and stress, effects of which were clear to be seen over the past two months. But, in reality, he was poisoned. The poison, Lightbane, was a special type of poison. If used in small quantities, it would make a person active, his heartbeat would quicken and he would be more energetic.

But, if the dose is too big, it could be catastrophic to the person's health. His heart would beat until it bursts, the arteries of his body would burst and he would die a painful death due to internal bleeding.

At the same time, another person was making his name known wide and far. That person was Azatoth. His name in military was known far and beyond. His military achievements that he had gained in less than a year was already on par with some of the best military generals in the universe.

Till the time the youngest of the four siblings became the king, Azatoth was already the chief military officer of the Empire.

Many people suspected that Azatoth was in reality Satoru. This was due to the fact that his strategies and living style was very common with him. But, it was never officially revealed.

--------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.