CH-58

3rd Person POV

As the Empire's soldiers had started to move with new found hope to save their comrades, the mermaids under Hikari didn't stay quiet either.
While the soldiers were caught up in despair, the mermaids had effectively disarmed the submarine. Shinsha had provided them with blueprints as to from where the torpedoes are released.

The mermaids had covered these ducts with a layer of magisteel. This way, as soon as the torpedoes are fired, they will collide with the magisteel and explode, taking the submarine down.

The fruits of their efforts were quickly shown as most of the submarines self destructed and the few that did survive were swiftly taken care of by the water dragon and Kraken.

Meanwhile, the ships of the Holy empire were currently in a state of shock. They were besieged from three sides. They had expected this, but they were relying on the submarines help to make it through this, yet there were no signs of the submarines taking any actions.

They continued to hold on, only to be met with the child hard truth when a red flare exploded in the sky. A red flare signalled that monster beyond their capabilities had been spotted. This further reduced the morale as the ships tried to retreat, but were soon rounded up and captured by Hikari.

Shinsha's POV

As I look at the ships coming closer, I doubt whether we have truly won. I doubt they are pretending to have lost, but to lose this easily.

"How many casualties did we suffer?" I ask.

"None. Though the Kraken is mortally injured and would need some time to rejuvenate. As for ships, we have lost three, but they are recoverable. All in all, I will say this is an overwhelming victory." Liscia reported back to me. I just nodded.

This is the first real battle I have fought. I won't say that everything went to plan, especially with the submarines. But aside from that, they were nothing special. Are they particularly weak or is father just that good with his tactics?

"Here you go." Hikari said as she entered the room. She had brought along with her five different people.

"Prisoners of war, I assume?" I ask.
"Yes. They are all high ranking officials. Well, all the high ranking officials that are still alive."
"Alright. I'll get to work."

As soon as I said that, I have them a good look. Three men and two women. They all seemed to be above their thirties except for one man. He appeared to be in his twenties and had blue hair and sharp black eyes. Out of all the five, he was the most composed.

I used my skill to «Holder of Fate» to read their mind. Supported by my other unique skills «Learner» and «Realm», I was able to prove into their mind. Well, most of their mind. Surprisingly, I was unable to break into one of the souls. This means that he must be Ultimate skill holder.

But if he is an Ultimate Skill holder, why did he get caught so easily? He could have defeated us with ease. I had not expected am Ultimate Skill holder to be deployed this easily.

"Shinsha-sama, I have told Rimuru-sama about what happened here. He told us to proceed towards the other continent and occupy some area. He will send some reinforcements in due time. As for the hostages-" just as Liscia was speaking, a blue vortex appeared in front of me as Souei bowed in front of me.

"I am here to take away the prisoners, princess." He said.
"Stand up. They are high ranking officials, so they might have some value as hostages." I point to the five in the room who were just looking down at the floor in dismay.

"Understood." He said as his clones quickly took them all away.

"One moment Souei." I call out to him before he teleported.
"Yes?"
"That man with blue hair which was in this room? He is most probably an Ultimate Skill holder." I inform him, while he just smiles at me.

"Understood. I will take the necessary measures." He said before passing through the portal. Did he already realise that he was an ultimate skill holder?

"So Shinsha? What's the plan now?" Hikari asked with a smug face. I have heard that merfolk are usually calm and collected, but why is she so battle hungry?

"Oh well. Full speed ahead, I guess." I say while smiling.

After a few days...

The last few days have been the most boring days of my life. Apart from mother calling me to make sure I was okay and father telling me about what to do in cases of emergency, there was nothing much going on. Hikari would often dive deep into the ocean and swim along with her people for hours, but I can't stay underwater for that long.

I can obviously use my unique skills, but that draws out the fun of it, so I don't. I would often just see them swim, or hang onto the water dragon and swim along with it. It was as if we are on a vacation.

But today? Things are different today. We can see land and a large port city is on sight. It is also our target of capture. The port city of Mureau. It is one of the busiest ports on the continent. As such, there was heavy defense set up. I could see atleast 2000 ships on the water with a few hundred more in the docks. Not taking into account territorial disadvantages and the fact that they would have set up mines, we are already at a heavy disadvantage.

I would never fight such a battle if it wasn't for the reinforcements. We had a thousand ships as reinforcements. Not only that, but two new commanders to lead them, who alone could easily turn the war on our side. One of them is Jeb, a lizardman who was in the same year of the academy as Liscia and managed to reach the semifinals in the tournament and Alicia, a human who also managed to make it to the semifinals but lost to Jeb.

Alicia, who was betrayed by Ingrassia, her home country, decided to serve Shinsha. Unlike Liscia who is very good at fighting and strategizing, Alicia on the other hand is much better at managing internal affairs. But that doesn't mean she can be longer down upon.

"Liscia, start us off yet again." I say with a smirk. She just nods and proceeds to attack the shore just how she had attacked the ships earlier.

As soon as the black sphere reached the shore, it came across a barrier and was about to be contained. I quickly used my unique skill «Holder of Fate» and changed the fate of the fireball, allowing it to bypass the barrier and explode directly on the frontline of the enemy's artillery units that were set up on the shore.

A large explosion occurred on the shore, signifying the beginning of this battle.

"Hikari, the first phase of completely yours." I say as I prepare my troops for landing on the shore. The first phase is obviously naval warfare where Hikari would have to open up a path to shore so that we can land.

----------

I hope you guys like it.