CH-10 Revenge

Tia's POV
One month later ...

It is finally the day of the competition. For the past month I have been training quite hard. I tried a lot to find someone whom I could attract with my skill, but it all failed. It was as if my skill had no effect. Luckily, the effect on Ruthdord and Dion is still very strong. But the same can't be said about Alan.

If even one of them gets free, then others might follow suite as well. Tch. So troublesome. It's all because of this damn barrier. It only allows extra skills to be used. As such, I can't even use my unique skill «Attract». Now that I think about it, we are only allowed to use our unique skills only inside the arena. Maybe Liscia and Ria were using their unique skill. That's right. That must be it.

"All participants are requested to make their way to the arena so that the matchups can be decided."

As soon as the voice said that, I made my way towards the arena. I really am afraid. If it is either of those two monsters, then I am done for. I'll just forfeit the match. Nothing is as important as my life. I'd rather not lose my life.

Ciel's POV

As I look on the stage, the right participants entered the stage. Four of which, including Ria, had to fight their way up to this point. As for the other four, they got there because of the recommendation of their respective academies.

The ones I am interested in are Tia and Alicia. And of course Liscia and Riya as well. As the eight come on stage, the referee chooses the names of the participants from the ballot box. It is already rigged, to ensure that the dust two names are Tia and Alicia. The other candidates would be chosen in luck.

Just as I had expected, one of the first matches is Tia vs Alicia. Both Ria and Liscia were on the same side, as such, they would meet in the semi finals. The others are just some small fries. Well, I am sure they are strong for the humans, but they don't have any interesting skill. Apart from Tia and Alicia, none of them possess even an unique skill.

Alicia's unique skill «Queen» is one of the best skills you could hope for when leading people. It boosts morale, reduces chances of underlings turning traitor and allows the user to understand and communicate with their underlings even from a distance. Also, more the number of people who acknowledge her as their leader, the stronger she becomes.

Also neither Liscia nor Ria has an unique skill. Well, they do have an unique skill, multiple rather, but I have sealed them since their birth. I consulted Benimaru with this as well, and he beleive that it was important for his children to learn how to fight without relying on their skills. As such, they are sealed.

The two were made aware of this fact only a year ago. They accepted the fact as it was something their father would do. After the two graduate, I would remove their restraint, and they would learn to fight from their father and the other patrons, and if I am free, even me, or Rimuru, once he revives.

All the four qualifying matches will occur at the same time, parallel to each other. There are four different parts of the stage, where each battle will occur. There is a barrier that would prevent any attacks or physicalb object to pass through it. The only exception are waves, Such as sound and light. But, this also means shockwaves. Fight going on in other parts could also affect your fight. Those who understood this and managed to use this for themselves will definitely have a massive advantage.

A few minutes later...

Alright. I was wrong. No matter how well you might understand the battleground, it's all useless if you don't have the strength to stand in front of your opponent. This was made clear by the fact that both Liscia and Ria had managed to defeat their opponents in just one strike each. Well, I had expected as such, so I am not really that surprised.

Both Alicia and Tia are having a close fight. Tia is trying to overpower Alicia by pure brute force, but Alicia is doing a fantastic job keeping up with her. Alicia's skill while fighting is in a completely different level as compared to Tia. Tia would just slash directly at Alicia without thinking about counter attacks. Tia is using the one hand broadsword, much like Shion. The only difference being that she has to use both her hands, just to swing that one sword.

Meanwhile, Alicia is using a sword in her right hand. She had, at first had a shield in her left arm, but discarded it after noticing that it would be if little use in front of the broadsword.

Both Liscia and Ria, after defeating their opponents were busy sitting and chatting to each other. Meanwhile, Tia kept striking at Alicia.

Alicia was the one who was controlling the fight. Though it may not seem that way as she was constantly on the receiving end of the attacks. Yet, the way she defends, only gives one option for Tia to move. Utilising this, Alicia is easily able to predict Tia's next move and lead Tia into a predetermined sets of attacks.

She is already as skilled as Ria or Liscia were when they were ten, which is quite commendable, considering that monsters are able to grow, move and talk much quicker than humans. Liscia had begun to walk and talk only after a month. Quite quick, even by monster standards.

Alicia continued to dodge attacks of Tia. Tia had started to not only grow impatient, but also complacent.

Seeing that Alicia was not counter attacking, Tia believed that she was stronger. Seeing that she had managed managed to force Alicia into a corner, she raised her sword high. The sun's glint on the sword made it look beautiful, but the same couldn't be says about the wielder of that glorious sword. Her stance was full of flaws.

Alicia utilised this fact to get advantage. Before Tia could bring the sword down, she dashed straight at her. This caught Tia off guard, causing her already questionable stance to falter completely. As her sword now fell, completely and only in the influence of gravity, Alicia deftly dodged the sword and held her own against Tia's neck.

"It's my win. Your skill won't work me, like it did on Ruthdord-sama." Alicia said, declaring the end of the match while looking at Ruthdord and Dion, who were amongst the spectators. Alicia's one line sprung doubt in the hearts of all. Her skill. Everyone had heard about the sudden changes in the behaviour of Prince Ruthdord. If it was actually because of a skill, then it would explain everything. Unlike Tempest, Ingrassia didn't have a barrier to prevent someone from using his unique skill. This made everyone question who was really in the wrong, Alicia or Tia.

Ciel, seeing that all the matches had ended, stood up. She then went outside the arena, and their to Ingrassia. After all, she had to prepare for tomorrow, after all, Rimuru's revival was now all but complete.

---------------------------

I hope you guys like it. It's finally time. Rimuru's revival will most probably be the next chapter.