CH-30

Rimuru's POV

I see Gazel and Elmesia talking to each other. They were still at each other's throat, spitting out venom at each other in the form of words.

"Seems like you guys are just as close as you used to be." I say.

""Huh?! Have you lost your mind?! Me? Like him/her?"" They both say in complete sync. It was as if they had been preparing for this. I didn't say anything. They just look at each other and are dumbfounded that they said the exact same thing.

It might just be the alcohol getting them. They might be resistant to it to songe extent, but having 6 bottles in less than half an hour? That ought to get them drunk. Are they having a drinking competition?

"What with the amount? This much alcohol will send you straight to bed, and the hospital in the morning." I say.

"As if. I can just cleanse all the poison in me." Elmesia told me, and Gazel nodded in response. It's not the fact that you can. That is also a part of the the experience of drinking. You can't just clear it from your system.

I just sigh and sit down with them.

"So? What's going on?" I ask.

"Nothing, really. It's been all peaceful since you died." Elmesia told me.
"In fact, it is you who is the odd one. You come up out of nowhere, settle a country in the middle of the most dangerous forest in the world, challenge the Ruminism, become a demon lord, defeat the Church, go to war and win against the Empire, defeat two dragons alone, fight against Angels and Insectars and then even defeat Ivarage, the world destroying dragon, all in less than 10 years." Gazel keeps on telling me how it is me who is an anomaly and our isn't a big deal of nothing major happens even for a millennia.

The two, now actually drunk, keep venting their anger out on me. Looks like after my death, it was Gazel and Elmesia who tried to calm down the problems between the humans. And when they were trying their best to alleviate people's discrimination and anger towards monsters, which had resurfaced due to Ciel's interference, was destroyed completely when Tempest broke apart from the Western council and supported the Eastern Empire in the war.

Now that I think about it, isn't a war between the council and Empire a big deal? Shouldn't they tell me about it? Oh whatever. I do know majorly everything that happened.

Once the two were nearly out cold, their subordinates came and took them to their room. I then stood up and went to talk to Veldanava, who was alongside Velgrynd and Velzard. Seeing me, the three stop talking.

"What brought you here?" Veldanava asks.

"Nothing in particular. Can't a little brother come and greet his elder siblings?" I say slyly. To this Veldanava have a conflicted look.

"About that....." Veldanava said something, but just stopped. Both Velzard and Velgrynd were looking away from me. Are they hiding something?

"About that? Go on." I urge Veldanava to speak.

"Yeah....... So..... About that...... You aren't really....., well, umm.... Family?"

"Huh?"

"You actually aren't a part of the our family." Veldanava finally said it in one go.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, you see, all of us might be True Dragons, but that doesn't mean we are of the same family. Unlike Velgrynd, Velzard or Veldora, you weren't born from an egg of God. You rose your way to Godhood, unlike Veldora, Velgrynd and Velzard who were born with it."

"Uh huh.... I don't get it. What's the difference?" I ask Veldanava to clarify.

"It's like different families. We are the same species but different families. Like how humans have different family names? Like that."

"So all true dragons are not brother and sisters?" I ask one last time to confirm.

"No. Since all four of us" Veldanava says looking at Veldora, who was taking with Dagruel and Dino," all four of us were born from residual powers of one of the first Era Gods. We have the same God as our origins, so we are family, but that is not the case for you, who is different and evolved to become a True Dragon."

"What about Gaia then?"
"Well, he is a part of me, I guess. Can't really say much about him. Well, he is certainly no God."

After a moment of silence, both Velzard and Velgrynd talk to me on more, umm, light-hearted topics. We continue to talk for a while before I leave them alone and go to talk to Ramiris and Leon. What an odd pair. I wonder what they are talking about.

".... You, didn't I? I really need a few water spirits." Leon said. As I can't closer to them, I could hear them speak.

"And I told you no. I will not let you take anymore of my spirits away from me. They are my family. I won't give them to you just like that." Ramiris replied as she fluttered around in her pixie form.

"What's going on?" I ask as I come closer to them.

"Rimuruuuu. Tell him. He is so shameless. He came asking for my precious spirits. Tell him that it isn't possible." Ramiris spoke quickly as she flew around me in circles before finally sitting on my right shoulder.

"Why do you need them?" I ask.

"To strengthen El Dorado's defense. Till now, El Dorado only had a barrier to prevent aerial attacks and invasions on land. But how things are progressing, it is imperative that I have a way to repel attacks even from the sea."

"It's not like Luna will attack you or it's nowhere." I say. The only threat in the oceans is Hyme. If you are going so far as to ask for spirits, then I doubt there is any other enemy that he is preparing against other than Luna.

"Even so. It is better to be safe. I can't take any risks. I am sure that even you realise that. They might not be an enemy now, but you never know what might happen in the future."

"That's true. Ramiris. Why don't you let him summon the spirits. If they respond, he can take them with him. Simple, right?" I suggest.

"It's a deal then." Leon said before leaving.

"No no no no. It's not. I didn't agree to this. Come back here right now!!" Ramiris screamed.

"Calm down." I say
"What do you mean calm down? If you forgot, he is a hero. A HERO! Obviously the spirits will respond to him."

"So what? Let him take some spirits."
"No!! He doesn't know to treat them nicely. He even gave away Ifrit like nothing. There's no way I can agree to that."

"*Sigh* Do whatever you want. I don't care." I say as I leave her alone. Just as I was about to look around, I got a concerning message from Souei

'Rimuru-sama. Someone is using long distance conversation magic.'
'So? Intercept them.'

Due to mobile phones and laptops being a thing, it isn't that rare to have long distance communication.

'About that. We are unable to intercept it. We might be able to, but that would make them aware that we are intercepting them.'

Transmission codes confusing enough that even Souei cannot decode? This is really a big problem.

'Give me their coordinates.'
'Understood.'

I quickly obtain the coordinates and leave the hall. Out in the balcony, I focus on the coordinates. I tried to intercept the transmission codes, and was met with a troublesome fact.

"Isn't this the same as my previous world?" I mutter out loud.

The transmission codes uses no magic at all. It is completely scientific frequency. It is set at a very high frequency, making it difficult to decode, considering that Souei's squad had only every deadly with magic frequencies and not sound frequencies.

'Souei. Keep an eye on them, but don't interfere.' I tell him.
'Understood.'

I do not try to interfere. If I do, then they will become alert of my attention. Seeing how they only encrypted the message but didn't hide the transmission itself, I am sure they believe nobody knows this. Or maybe they are looking for people like me who do know what it is.

-----------------------------------

How is it? I hope you guys like it.