CH-5.5

Author here. How are you liking the story so far? It's a bit bland without Rimuru, isn't it? But, you will have to wait a few chapters for him to revive. After that the main story will continue. Anyways, this chapter will tell us about the changes that took place in the lives of other important characters and things.

Benimaru

After Rimuru's death, both he and her sister Shuna were shaken. But thanks to the presence of Ciel, Benimaru knew what to do. He continued to improve himself in the labyrinth, but also made sure to spend some quality time with his wives. The proof of that was his children.

Momiji had given birth to twins, both girls. They were named Liscia and Ria. Out of the two, Liscia is elder by a few seconds, and acts like a doting elder sister to both of her younger siblings. Ria, the younger of the two is a bit cheeky, but knows when something serious is going on. She likes her younger brother more than Liscia because Liscia scolds her for whenever she does something wrong. Both of them are 17 and are in the final year of schooling in the Tempest academy.

Albis gave birth to a boy. He was named Surya, after the Sun. Being the youngest, he was often spoiled, but he also went through a tough training regime under his father along with his sisters, and thus knew the harshness of the world. He liked both his sisters equally. He is 16 years old, a year younger than his sisters, and also studies in Tempest academy.

Akamaru(Benimaru's father)

Akamaru was surprised to know that his master, Rimuru, had died. But after hearing the full story, he had no choice but to accept it.

He continued to train his body, but after 150 years had passed, it became too much for him. Even though the evolution had increased his lifespan, that was all it did. It didn't make him immortal. His age had slowly caught up to him. Over the next 50 years, he slowly got weaker and weaker.

When he was on his deathbed, Ciel asked whether he wanted to live. Ciel proposed that she could forcefully evolve him, allowing him to become an immortal. But, Akamaru declined while smiling. He said that he had already lived enough. He knew that his son and daughter were in good hands. As such he didn't want to live anymore and go meet his wife up in heaven. Even Shuna and Benimaru could do nothing but shed tears in secret.

Akamaru was then given a fitting burial in the City of Ogres.

New Cities

New Cities were built after Rimuru's death. Three of the major cities were the City of Ogres, City of Orcs and the City of Lizardmen. As the name suggests, the majority of the population were Ogres, Orcs and Lizardmen respectively, as these cities were built in their respective homeland.

The City of Ogres was a beautiful ancient Japanese style City. It was built in harmony with nature. There were trees everywhere. It could very well have been called heaven on Earth. It was the centre for various types of martial arts, swordsmanship and fencing arts to be developed and taught.

The City of Orcs. It was located on a previously barren land. Later, Ciel found iron and gold veins to be located underneath them. As such, a mining Village was made. That Village slowly grew until it became one of the major cities of Tempest. As lots of manpower was required, large amounts of Orcs migrated and settled back at their old Village, which they had abondoned once due to famine, under the protection of the demon lord.

The City of Lizardman. Built on top of a lake, it became one of the most important agricultural spots in Tempest. Not only that, it was also important as a summer resort. Being near a Lake, it was always cool during Summers.

Shuna

She was happy to see that everyone had returned safely. But, once she realised that Rimuru hadn't come back, she was quick to force out the answer from Benimaru. She was left heartbroken when she was told that he was dead.

When Ciel told everyone that he could be revived, she finally regained some hope, only to be shattered again. Ciel clearly showed her authority as Rimuru's fiance. Not only that, she even knew about her feelings. She straight up told her to give up and refused to take anything else as an answer.

In reality, Shuna already had an inkling that that was the case. The way Rimuru would avoid her advances was the same as how her brother would, after marrying Albis and Momiji.

After that, she started to continue to take care of the castle and her job, which over the years had grown into an international company.

Zegion's POV

After Rimuru's death, Zegion said nothing, yet this didn't mean he didn't have anything to say. In fact he had a lot to say. But he was the type who didn't speak much. So those words, soon became actions. Along with Benimaru, he trained continuously in the labyrinth. They had grown to the point where they could fight against Ciel at 10% power and thinking capacity.

Zegion was Zelanus's son, so technically, he was the Prince of the Insectars. So, Zelanus came to take him to their world, which because of Veldanava's help had regained it's previous glory. Ciel, obviously, refused to give up Zegion to to Zelanus, as he was too powerful. But, the discussions were finally brought to an end when Zegion himself refused to take his position as the prince of Insectars.

"I , along with Apito, ran away during the uprising. As such, I dont believe I have any right to lead the Insectars."

This is what he said when he was asked why he didn't want to return. After that, it was decided that Zegion would periodically go to their world to check in the progress and help them.

Zegion, who had become too strong, retired from his position as the boss of floor 80, which was then taken by Apito.

Shizue and the students

Shizue was the first one to be told about Rimuru's death. She was shocked to hear about what had happened to her benefactor. She was quite annoyed by the fact that her premonition had come true. All during the fight, she had the premonition that something would go wrong, and it did. Rimuru died.

She couldn't decide how to break this news to the children, so she didn't. In fact, it was Ciel who told the children about this. The children were devastated and didn't listen to her at all, calling her a fake and all. But after Shizue confirmed the fact, they all just fell down on their seats without moving out speaking. Chloe was the only exception. She was already sad and quiet and didn't respond much.

"But- there is a catch. He will revive in 500 years." Ciel stated
"So what? There's no way we will live that long."
"You can. If you become a hero, that is. It had always been your dream, right? Well, one more reason to fulfill it. I will help you, so good luck." Ciel said as she left.

This brought back life to their faces. With newfound determination, they went through lots of practice and fights and challenges to finally become a hero. Surprisingly, Gale was the first one to become the hero, followed by Kenya, Alicia and then lastly, Ryota. After they had grown a bit, truth about Chloe was told to them as well as Kumara, who was actually one of the 12 patrons. But even after that, they continued to be good friends.

-------------------------

So? How was it? Well, some were excluded, like Yuuki. Anyways, I hope you like it.