CH-5 Family Talk

Tia's POV

"Well, I am sure that this would be no problem. After all, this way we can spend more time together. I will also get some land to take care of. We can spend our lives in peace there."

What is this idiot saying? No longer the crown Prince? What the f*ck is your use now? I won't even be the queen now. My dreams.

No. This must be a part of the game. There must be a way for him to become the crown Prince again. Something must happen at Tempest. Wait. The demon lord. If we defeat the demon lord, then he will be hailed as a hero. There is no doubt he would become the king then.

"What did they say?" I ask him. There must be a condition for him to be reinstalled as the king.

"Alright. I will tell you all of this because I trust you all, but don't tell this to anyone else, alright? If you do, we will all most probably be branded as criminals."

We all nodded and waited for him to continue.

"It seems that the royal family and the demon lord are in contact with each other."

Huh? HUH? HUUUUUUUUUH?

NO. Wait. Then there must be something going on. Could it be? By making their dealing public, we can overthrow the current King and make Ruthdord-sama the new King. But, before that we will have to defeat the demon lord and obtain proof. I see. That must be how the game goes. Well, both Dion and Ruthdord-sama can easily give an A-ranked adventurera run for his money.

They say that Demon lords are S ranked, but I am sure those two, along with Grim could atleast put up a fight. There should also be some new characters at Tempest as well.

"So? What happened in the past hour?" Dion asked.

"Yes, about that..."

Flashback
1 hour ago
Royal place, Ingrassia

3rd Person POV

As Ruthdord moved towards the dining room to meet his family one last time before leaving Tempest, he saw a person that he had never seen before. Not one, but three. He could only see them for a fleeting moment, yet they left a deep imprint on him. The trio, led by Ciel, on the other hand didn't know and didn't care that the prince who had given them a headache was watching them.

"Ruthdord-sama, you are getting late." A maid said to him as he was staying at the gate of the palace, from where Ciel's carriage left.

"Ah! Right. Let's go." Ruthdord replied and made his way towards the dining room.

The maid just silently walked in front of the prince till the door of the dining room. After opening the door and letting Ruthdord enter, she bowed and left.

Inside the dining hall, there was only the king, his brother and Ruthdord himself. Besides them, there was no other person, not even servants. This was enough for Ruthdord to understand that whatever they were going to talk about was quite important, and couldn't be heard by anyone, classified information, so to say.

"It is nice to see you, father, and brother." He said looking at the king and his older brother respectively.

"What the hell are you doing in the academy!?" The king shouted. Ruthdord was surprised. He had never seen his father shout, let alone lose his temper.

"How could you just annul the engagement without talking it out with us? Have you gone mad? Is it because of that girl? What was her name? Tia, was it?"
Hearing Tia's name in this conversation made it plenty clear what would most probably happen to her. Without a doubt the king will take a move.