CH-29

Rimuru's POV

As soon as I leave the room along with Ciel, Souei comes up besides me with a concerning report.

"Rimuru-sama. We have found suspicious people all over the city. Though they haven't done anything problematic, there is no doubt that they will do so in the future."

"Have you investigated them?" I ask as I continue to walk down the corridor with Ciel by my side and Souei behind us

"About that, Rimuru-sama. We ran background checks on some of them and managed to find the backgrounds of some of them. They seem to belong to different underground groups that are dissatisfied with Tempest. They aren't the problematic ones. The problematic ones are the ones who we weren't able to identify. Regardless of how much we tried to investigate, we could not find their background. It was as if they just teleported out of nowhere."

To be skilled enough so that even Souei cannot trace back their origins. They will be problematic. It might cause some troubles. Should I tell him to stop? No. I guess we should still push on. We have to weed out these idiots sooner rather than later, or else they will just cause troubles from within.

"Alright. Keep an eye on them. Apprehend then immediately if they do something suspicious." I tell Souei. He nods and teleports away.

As we both walk towards the main hall where royalties of Dwargon, Sarion and other people close to me are, Ciel speaks up.

"Will it really be fine? There is an unknown group now. What if they take advantage of your plan?"

"No problem. If that happens, we will just have to get serious."

Hearing my reply, Ciel just sighed.

Flashbacks
After Rimuru returned from Walpurgis...

Rimuru's POV

As I can't back from Walpurgis, I got an interesting piece of information from Ultima. So, to look into it more, I went to the underground prison. Ultima was already waiting for me there in front of one of the cells.

Inside the cell was a single girl, not older than 18 in appearance, but appearances can often be deceiving in this world. She was brutally beaten up and she was mentally, as good as dead.

"What did she do?" I ask.

"She not only spoiled Ciel-sama's plan for your revival, but also tried to make Liscia-chan and Ria-chan betray Ciel-sama and join her in rebelling and killing Ciel-sama."

Sigh. Is she an idiot or what? Did she really think she could overthrow a country, let s alone a demon lord like that?

"Well, she seems useless now, but I wanted to know how we should dispose her off." Ultima said, while picking her up.

Her legs were still hanging and she would fall straight to the ground of it weren't for Ultima and the chains. She didn't even respond to Ultima, as if pricing the point that she was now just an empty husk of a human she used to be.

"Well, there is still some use for her." I say. This catches Ultima's attention quite quickly.

"How, Rimuru-sama?" Ultima asked.

"You know, there are a lot of underground groups spreading across that Ciel didn't deal with, right? They have many supporters who will cut off their ties as soon as anything goes downhill. So, let's root everyone out, even those cautious supporters. Have one of your underlying possess her. She still has lots of uses."

Flashback end

As I remember what plan had been made between me and Ultima, we reached the main hall.

As we both enter, everyone who was close to me give me an applause. The ones here were Gazel, Elmesia, youm, Myuran and their underlings. All the demon lords, along with Chloe, Rudra and the True Dragons were also there.
As I look at all of them, I smile, and they grin back at me.

"Well then. As you all know, I am not the Kind to give long speeches. So I'll just say one thing. It's good to be alive.  I look forward to what the future has for us." I say as I raise my glass and gulp down my drink at once. Ciel looks at me like she has finally given up on me, but then just sighs and smiles, before emptying her wine glass as well. 

As I finally come down from the small podium, everyone starts mingling with each other. I couldn't really talk one to one to everyone, so I decided tonight would be a good chance.

As I come down, I am immediately caught by Rudra.

"Yo Rimuru. Should I say it's nice to meet you, or it's been a while?" Rudra asked while grinning.

"Don't know. Probably the latter one."
"I guess so. I do have my memories as Masayuki as well, after all. But I have to say, Masayuki was just a lucky person. Nothing else."

You are badmouthing your own self. You do know that, right?

"Anyways, that's beside the point. There's a lot I would love to talk about, but what I really want to know is this." Rudra said as he showed a small video hovering above his outstanding hand. The video showed a singular spaceship wreaking havoc all over the place.

"What is this thing? Is it nuts? It keeps attacking any human it sees. It kept saying that it wanted to wipe out the new humans. What does it even mean by new humans?!" Rudra sounded exasperated.

But, looking at the design of the spaceship, it without a doubt looks like an emigrant ship. If it could speak, then there is no doubt that it also has an advanced AI on board.

"Don't know. Why did you think I would know anything about it?"

"Maybe because it's a lot like the spaceships from your previous world. I heard all about it from Velgrynd. Don't try to run away. I know you know atleast something."

"*Sigh* I believe it is an emigrant ship. It's main job was to transfer people from one place to another in space. This design was outdated and not used because it had very high energy consumption. But don't underestimate it. It is still as string as a fortress class battleship if it were to go all out. It's just that it isn't economical to use."

"Fort...ress class?" Rudra looked troubled.

"*Sigh* just think of it as the second strongest battleship thata country might have, behind only a battleship that cannot be mass produced in terms of specs."

" Not sure I get it, but whatever. What should I do with it?"
"What do you mean what should you do with it?"

"No. I mean it would be a waste to just sink it right? It could be quite useful, after all."

"So you want to keep it as a part of your collection?"
"True. There's that. But there is also the fact that it can speak and has a mind of its own."

It doesn't have a mind of its own. But I guess it would be better not to tell him that.

"Fine I'll see what I can do, if I can do it."

"Yep. If nothing can be done, I'll just sink it. I tried to communicate with it, but it fired straight at me, deciding I am yet another new human. I don't understand what this new human stuff is."

"Ever asked Veldanava about it?"
"Not yet."
"I guess you should, huh?"
"I guess so. Well, I'll leave you for now. You seem strong, so let's start some time, yeah? Enjoy your time with others I guess." Rudra says as he leaves me alone.

I look around to see that Ciel is already taking with Chloe and Ruminas, so I decided to leave them alone and went to talk to Gazel and Elmesia.

-------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.