CH-23

Rimuru's POV

As I look on the screen, I see Argos leading the charge. This would be completely suicidal, considering that one mistake could sink the entire ship, and take the leader in command with it.

But, on the other hand, having the leader take charge and go in front heavily boosts the morale. A very risky maneuver, for sure. But that doesn't mean it was unheard of. What was really troublesome was how Argos was fighting.

The spaceships are supposed to fire lasers, and ships have a defensive barrier to burn and protect the laser from reaching the ship.

That's where the problem. Argos wasn't shooting. Oh no. It was rushing straight into the enemy formation. Not only that, out would literally crash into opponent ships which would burn due to the superior shields of Argos. There seems to be nothing wrong with the cannons on Argos, so I am unable to understand why they are only kept on stand by and not shooting.

Well, keeping aside how Argos was leading, I had more of a doubt about who Argos was leading. All the spaceships weren't the same. Majority of the ships were just plain white without any symbol on them to indicate to which noble or country they belong to. On the flanks, there were airships that carried the symbol of the Sakura Empire.

Just what is Sakura thinking? Also who are they fighting? They are just a hotchpotch of different types of spaceships. Seeing how some of they were fleeing, they seemed to be pirates.

"Isn't this too boring? It's too one sided." Guy commented.
"Well, of course it is. Bringing out Argos just to deal with some small scale pirates. It's the same as attacking an ant with nuclear magic. Obviously it is overkill." It isn't me, but Ciel who replies to Guy.

Guy just shrugs and doesn't say anything.

"By the way, to whom does this belong, Veldanava-sama?" Dino asked while looking at a sword. For once he looked awake and serious as he stared at the sword which was in, what I assume to be, a showcase.

"Oh that? Someone from the earlier generations. If it is here, then it means that the owner is already dead." Veldanava said as he replied while turning momentarily before returning to his previous position.

"Then, can I have it?" Dino asked.
"No." Veldanava gave a flat reply.

"You shouldn't be so harsh with him, dear~. After all, he has served you for a long time." Lucia said reprimanding Veldanava.

Hearing this, Veldanava finally explained that things that have been put into the hall of fame cannot be taken outside.

While Veldanava was talking about this, I noticed something odd. Both Masayuki and Lucia were chatting in quite a friendly manner. The Masayuki I know would just stop functioning after knowing that Lucia was Veldanava's, the god of this world's, wife.

'What's up with this two?' I ask Ciel via soul corridor.

Ciel chases my sight and realises that I was talking about Masayuki and Lucia.

'Oh Rudra? Right. I forgot to tell you, didn't I? It seems Masayuki regained all of the pieces of his soul, so he had also regained all of his memories. He is the Hero Rudra now.' Ciel told me.

'Oh! So that means Velgrynd succeeded, didn't she? Good for her.'
'No. That's what is troubling me. Velgrynd failed. Or rather, she stopped halfway through. But after sometime, he  started regaining his soul fragments. And soon enough, Va-La. Rudra is here. Call him Rudra by the way.'

'Is that what happened? I might have to ask him about this then.'
'Suit yourself.'

We continue to spend some time in hall of fame before finally deciding to go back. Veldanava opened the portal to return back. As I watched everyone go through the portal, I turned around to look at the hall one last time. I then finally pass through. But, just as I was about to go through, I saw a weird armour in the distance. It wasn't there for sure. But before I could do anything, I was back in the Cardinal World.

Just who was he? Or maybe she? But the armour appeared to be that of a male. But there were a bit too many accessories to be sure.

"Anyways, with this, you will know the basics of what you should know as a God. Now, as for the other four worlds, let me give you a brief description. The first three worlds nearby broke out of the shell at the same time. The man who connected the three to each other was Cyrus.

The first world was ruled by Eternal. He wanted to become stronger. As one of the few survivors from the third generation of gods, he was no doubt strong. But he wanted to become even stronger. So he came up with a plan. Every century, he would unleash chaos and create a new hero, just like I told you before.

The second world was the World ruled by Orcanyx. He was quite a peculiar God as well." While Veldanava was speaking, I noticed something odd. The point is presences and number of people in the room did not match up. I look around and see that there was one other person here who wasn't here at the beginning. Seeing me look at her, she just waved her hand and looked at Veldanava, telling me to focus on Veldanava's story. The woman in question was Luna, the queen of Hyme, and the observer of this world.

"You see, Orcanyx believed that the short human lifespan and human emotions were in the way of them becoming a God. So he tried to destroy the world and take it under his control and make everyone an undead."

"Undead?" I ask as Adalmann's figure came to mind.

"Yep. What he failed to realise that his idea would only work till a point. After that, developement of soul is important. An undead, who has no memories will obviously not develop.

But, something interesting happened. You see, humans being humans, didn't agree with his opinion of becoming undead that easily. They put up a resistance. And surprisingly, they were able to keep the undead at bay, that is, when Orcanyx wasn't taking a move himself.

Orcanyx used this opportunity to strengthen his pawns. He allowed his underlings to attack the surviving humans repeatedly. This led to the creation of heroes. By continuously showing them despair, he is trying to awaken then as Gods.

He succeeded and now there is a new God, or rather Gods, but they were having a problem in who will control the world as the new Gods wanted to kill Orcanyx. I have no clue what is happening right now though.

As for the third world, it is ruled by another dragon God like me, Behemoth. Behemoth, unlike me, is not a true dragon. He is a completely different species. He is one of a kind, so there is no other name for his species.

As for what happens in that world, I am not exactly sure. Except for the fact that dragons are seen as superior in that world. He has the gods of this era under his control, so that is another world to be wary of.

Obviously, we were the fourth world and the fifth world was your previous one." Veldanava said looking at me, Ciel, Chloe and Leon.

"That's fine and all, but why are you Gods so interested in creating new Gods?" Guy asked.

------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.