5. Engulf Me In Flames

Will stayed with Charlotte for a couple of weeks, dreading going back home. He enjoyed their time together and Charlotte was head over heels. They learned so much about one another in the wonderful time they spent together.

Eventually Will had to go back to New Jersey to start working on new material with the band. Back in New York and tattooing was at a high demand, as Charlotte was working long days. She was trying to keep herself distracted with the distance between them. It was only just under two hours by car...but both of their careers are so demanding that neither of them had the time to drive to one another. Will and her equally felt like they already were craving each other as soon as they parted, taking both of them by surprise that they quickly became so addicted to each other.

Although they both were so busy during the day, not getting to text much, will always made it a point to call Charlotte every night. Mostly, they face timed and told each other about their day.

One day, Charlotte was taking a day to herself and staying in the house to unwind from tattooing so much. She was curled up on the couch scrolling through his Instagram page. She did this occasionally in an admiring way. She absolutely loved this man and felt comfort in seeing his personality in his photos. He kept his social media on a professional level, but still gave little pieces of himself here and there and his love for life.

As Charlotte was scrolling, a username caught her eye that hadn't been there before. And it was appearing on almost every one of his photos. Charlotte was curious and clicked on the page. It was some girl named Bekka who looked similar to herself. She had olive skin, black hair, and she specialized in cosmetology which showed in her incredible make up skills. She had a bit of an edge to her in a witchy type aesthetic. Charlotte felt a little discouraged as the insecurity in the back of her mind started to take over.

She was really, REALLY pretty............

Charlotte knew that there was no point in doing this but felt the need in her gut to keep scrolling.
She ended up coming across a picture that was dated a few years prior.
This woman was in a photo with that familiar  curly headed boy. They seemed extremely close and she was touching her cheek to his. They looked happy.
Of course, Charlotte was trying to rationalize her thoughts. Will obviously had a life before her, and clearly this woman was a part of it before she met him. But, she despised the idea of Will having his hands on someone else.
Charlotte scrolled back up and continued to creep on Bekka. She was a make up artist in New Jersey........

Charlottes stomach started to twist. Her mind started to wander. She wondered if Will and Bekka were spending time together when he was back home....if maybe they used to be together.....if she decided now she wanted Will back in her life, or if they never stopped contacting one another. The racing thoughts were starting to make her head ache.

As if the vibrations in the universe could feel her pain, Charlotte's phone started to ring and a picture of her and Will came up on the screen. With her hands slightly trembling, she stared at the screen for a bit but ended up sliding her thumb over and answering.

"Hey baby," she greeted her man with fake enthusiasm in her voice.

"Hello my love!" Will sounded eager to talk to her.
"We just finished up in the studio for today! I wanted to call you and say hi before we go to dinner. I miss you so much."

"I-I miss you too. More than you know." She bit her lip to stop it from trembling, holding back tears not wanting Will to know she's upset.

"What are you guys doing for dinner?" She tried to make small conversation.

"Actually, I'm meeting up with an old friend of mine tonight!"

"Oh yeah? that's cool babe...."

"Yeah, I ran into an old friend yesterday and it's been years since we've talked! Her name is Rebekka, and she's also an artist like you babe. I've known her for years and I think you two would be good friends. "

Charlotte's stomach dropped but she kept her cool.  Charlotte felt her heart beating through her chest as the anxiety swallowed her whole. Her breathing was quick and shallow as her mind raced at will spending time with such a beautiful girl. However, he was being up front and had nothing to hide from her. She respected how transparent he was with her, but at the same time she was a little slighted that Will wasn't considering how she might feel about it.

"I was hoping maybe you could spend a weekend out here with me soon? I really wish you were here." He spoke when she didn't respond right away and wanted to change the subject.

Charlotte wanted to cry but she swallowed hard and fought through it.

"That would be great babe I really need you right now.....I...I'm really tired so I think I'm going to draw a little for tomorrow and crash a little early."

Although it wasn't the best idea, she needed to get off the phone with him before she fell apart.

"Enjoy your dinner with your friend....."
Will sensed a little something was off but decided not to pry as she said she was tired. So he dismissed it.

"Thanks beautiful. I love you so much. We will talk more tomorrow about you coming out."

"I love you too, later babe." Charlotte hung the phone up and all of her insecurities came rushing back to her like a ton of bricks. She cried to herself, but also felt foolish knowing Will going out with a friend wasn't a crime. She knew she had to trust him, but felt extremely uneasy. She tapped into her IPad, drawing up a couple of tattoos she had booked for tomorrow. She knew it was going to be a long night of over thinking,