35. Open Your Mind

Charlotte arrived in Seattle the next early afternoon, calling for an Uber to their hotel as soon as they landed. Austin texted Charlotte to let them know they were at sound check but they would be back soon. She went to the front desk to get a room key and made it to Will's room. As soon as she walked in, she smelled a faint aroma of alcohol. She sighed to herself seeing bottles piled in Will's trash can, almost full. She glanced around and noticed a lot of his clothes were scattered and she saw his notebook open on the desk with papers and random lyrics scattered everywhere. She didn't like the chaos that surrounded him and she started to tidy up the room.

Will came back after a while, taken back when he saw the pink suitcase sitting on the floor in the room. His heart instantly started beating hearing the shower going in the bathroom. Char. What a pleasant surprise. He felt his heart swell. He knew he had been a jerk to her lately but she still dropped everything and came out here to support him. He felt so encouraged to try and get his shit together now that she was right here with him. He looked around noticing she cleaned up and everything was organized. He felt embarrassed remembering the room was an absolute mess before he left, not expecting anyone and he had just been drowning his sorrows for days, not able to think clearly. If he knew Charlotte was coming he would have tried to tidy up.
He went over to her suitcase and started to unpack for her, eventually hearing the shower cut off.

After a few minutes, Charlotte emerged from the bathroom, with a black fuzzy robe on her damp hair in a messy bun.
Will couldn't believe she was really here and he started to smile to himself a bit seeing her looking so cozy. Just her presence was like a burst of life to Will.

She bit her lip standing in the bathroom door way locking eyes with him. She felt a shyness, almost as if they were almost strangers. They had been arguing a lot over the phone this time around and it was emotionally and mentally exhausting for them both.

Will ran his fingers through his hair feeling all of the guilt of how terrible he's been over this time he was away from her. He was too nervous to admit out loud just how hard it was to be without her.

"Hi." Charlotte whispered just looking at him, her face hard to read.

"Hey..."Will answered breathlessly couldn't believing she was standing in front of him. He couldn't help but to think she looked so beautiful without any hints of make up on her face. He would just stare at her forever if he could.

"I missed you so fucking much," Will quietly confessed with an emotional tone in his voice. He realized he had been a douche bag to Charlotte lately, and here she was. Here for him like always. She supported him anyway, even though he felt he wasn't worthy.

Charlotte sighed with her arms crossed clearly feeling guarded. She had mixed feelings. She was happy to see him, but wasn't pleased with him right now. She was just so disappointed and hurt with the things he's been saying to her over the last few weeks. Charlotte was always easy to forgive people but it was difficult for her to forget, and it would build up. She loved Will to death, and wanted her husband back.

When she didn't say anything back it felt like a cold dagger to Will's chest. He knew he was totally fucking up their relationship and her trust for him.

Charlotte stood there for a few moments but found it hard not to embrace him knowing he was so broken right now. She slowly walked over to him and he held his arms out, enveloping her and holding her tightly. Charlotte closed her eyes as she buried her face into the crook of his neck. He kissed her forehead and buried his nose into her hair.

".....I need to get help, Char."

Charlotte felt a heavy weight to her heart, but unanimously felt a sense of relief, just pleased that Will was self aware and hes making the decision on his own to do this again.