19. Wandering Out Of Sight

Friday came and Will knew that Charlotte was going out to lunch with Noah today by themselves. He hated the idea but he kept it to himself not wanting her to think he wasn't being supportive of her picking up a side job.

Will was going to be doing some recording today and told Charlotte he was probably going to be late but he would love for her to come by for dinner even if they were just getting take out. He tried to get in little moments with her when he could.

After will left for the day, Charlotte ended up meeting Noah at this really cute sushi spot that he had suggested. When she arrived, he had already ordered an appetizer for them that just came out and some hot tea.

"Hey beautiful!" Noah stood up to greet her and gave her a hug. She froze up a little. She used to be a very affectionate person with everyone but right now she still wasn't herself and it felt a little invasive.

"Have a seat!" He smiled and took his place back in the booth. Charlotte slid in on her side and Noah poured her some tea.

"Thank you." She smiled shyly noticing that he kept looking at her. "What?" She chuckled touching her face wondering if her make up was messed up or something.
Although something seemed a little phony about him, she had to admit he was a very looking man.

"Nothing," he chuckled, "so...let's discuss some business." Noah ended up getting out his phone and he came and joined Charlotte on her side of the booth. She instantly tensed up knowing Will probably wouldn't appreciate it but she was trying to remain cool about it. The last thing she wanted to do was accuse someone of coming into her and it wasn't the case. She just assumed that this was Noah's personality and she needed to get used to it if she wanted to make some money right now.

They ended up ordering a few assorted maki rolls to split, Noah insisting they get an array of different fish. Charlotte excused herself to use the bathroom and when she came back to the tables, she slid in across from Noah again giving them their distance back. Noah just smirked but didn't mention it. They ate and discussed what kind of style Bad Omens wanted to their page.

When the bill came, Charlotte planned to split it with him out of decency, but Noah instantly gave the waitress his card before she could protest.

He grinned at the look on her face.

"Charlotte, it's fine," he laughed, "I told you I got it." He looked around looking for the bathroom.

"I actually have to pee so I'll be back." Noah left his phone face up on the table next to his wallet and went in the direction of the bathroom.

After a minute his phone lit up. Charlotte wasn't usually a snooper but she was feeling a tad bit curious since it was right in front of her face.

He was getting a phone call.
There was no contact photo, but it read "Rebekka" across the screen.

Charlotte saw the distinct spelling of the common name and her stomach dropped. She knew there were a lot of Rebecca's but how many of them spelled their name like that?

She just breathed trying to ground herself before the anxiety took her to another psychological place. She knew Noah would be coming back soon and she had to act like she didn't see it. She had no business looking at his phone.

Charlotte put on her jacket and gave it her all to put on her best poker face when Noah came back as if she didn't notice the call.

He smiled at her and signed the bill when it came back.

"Ready to go?"

"I am." She said quietly. They walked out with each other and Noah turned to her smirking.

"Thanks for having me," Charlotte faked a little smile just knowing she had to act natural.

"Of course, beautiful." Noah leaned down pulling her into another hug. She tensed up like before but left a hand on his back trying to pretend to reciprocate it. She was just thinking about how badly she wanted to get to Will.

"Tell the boy I said hello." Noah encouraged, walking off and going to his car.
______________________________

Charlotte sat in her car and locked her doors knowing she could finally stop pretending and holding it together. She ran her fingers through her hair and started panting with nervousness. There's no way it was the same Bekka.

You're having a moment. Just calm down. Breathe.

She inhaled and exhaled just trying to settle down just enough to drive to the studio to meet Will.

When she got there, she greeted the dude at the front desk that she had met a few times and went down this long hall way. She could hear the familiar growls and gurgles that she had grown to love and followed the sounds to the room. When she came in, Will was behind the glass with the mic and his eyes were closed. He was putting in some vocals and she didn't want to distract him. She found a seat on the couch next to Adam and he gave her a side hug while Austin, Andrew, and Michael all said hey and smiled but went back to listening to Will.

"How have you been kid I haven't seen you in a minute." Adam asked.

"Hanging in there," Charlotte sighed just trying to calm down and forget about what she saw on Noah's screen.

Will noticed her and smiled but had to finish up this round of his vocals for the song they were working on. She remained patient and chatted with the band. They were Will's family and they all became like brothers to her, so their interactions always came natural.

Will finished up his part and came over to switch places with Adam in the booth. Will came and plopped on the couch next to Charlotte almost instantly noticing she seemed a little off.

"Hey babe." Will kissed her gently.
"How did lunch with Noah go?"

"It was okay...he was really nice. But I just really missed you is all."

Charlotte leaned into him and buried her face in his neck. Part of him wondered if she had more to say but he knew this wasn't the right time to press her.

"I missed you too my love." Will sheltered her in his arms.

"Soooo I know we are pretty busy with the move and everything....but our manager called and asked us to play a local show tomorrow at Starland and I thought maybe you would want to come and get out of the house." Will looked at her with hope and she could tell he really wanted her to come.

"Of course I'll be there, babe." Charlotte smiled a little just wanting to pretend like everything was fine. She also just tried her best to brush off the day she'd had. She wouldn't be spending that much time around Noah anyway since most of her time she would be working from home. She just needed to forget it.

Will smiled feeling content she didn't seem to have any reservations on coming out and it was rare that Charlotte got to see them perform at a venue.

The guys spent a few hours recording. It was a process and they were all very detail-oriented.  They ended up ordering some take-out from a local pizza joint they always went with when they were pulling long sessions.  Charlotte spent time with Will and got to joke around with the boys and have some laughs. It was something she really needed. Will kept glancing over at her when she would giggle at something stupid one of them would say,  admiring her and loving how happy she was in this moment.