45. And I Return To Nothingness

Charlotte and Will both had to hop back into the daily grind as soon as they got home from their very relaxing camping trip.

Will had to wake up earlier in the morning to get ready for a long day of studio time ahead, so Charlotte decided to get up with him to join him in the shower since she wouldn't see him for most of the day. It was the perfect start to their morning. She was able to help "wake him up" but was sure not to keep him in there for too long so he wouldn't be late.

Charlotte had an easy drive in today and parked around the back and walked around to the front door like usual. She was excited for the client she had booked today and knew it was going to be an easy session and an easy day.

As she approached the shop, she couldn't help but to notice there were some cop cars pulled over out near the store front. She was wondering if something was going on at the bakery next door to them until she got closer and realized...they were at her tattoo shop.

Before she could even register what was actually going on, the anxiety brewing in her core pushed her to pick up the pace in her foot steps ,lightly jogging over.

"No..." she whispered to herself finally seeing why the authorities were there.

Charlotte noticed their beautiful, glass store front was all shattered in and the shop had been completely ransacked. The furniture was toppled over. Their sacred collections of art they collected over the years were all torn down off the walls and destroyed. All of their trinkets and belongings were smashed. Charlotte felt her heart break into a million pieces. Her and Krys put their life savings and their entire being into their tattoo shop for years, and now, here it was completely in ruins. She wanted to cry, but the shock was taking over and no tears were coming. She stepped in, carefully, through what would have been the front window, but now there was just caution tape and broken glass everywhere.

She saw Krys talking to a cop, and walked over to her immediately. Krys saw her and automatically started to break down crying all over again. They hugged tightly.

Krys had came in about an hour before Charlotte and had swollen eyes and a red puffy face from all the tears and distress. When she saw the scene, her first instinct was to call the police and she planned on calling Charlotte right after but she was slammed with questions before she got a chance to pick up a phone.

Did they have any enemies?

What was the possible motivation behind this?

Was it just some random asshole that was bored last night that had nothing better to do?

They never kept cash in the store overnight so whoever broke in was either desperate to find something valuable, or maybe this was a specifically targeted act.

Charlotte stood with Krys answering questions the best she could. She explained how she had issues in the past, but the only two people she ever worried about were still locked up in another state.

The police stayed for a while to take photos try and gain some leads and help Charlotte and Krys through the process of where to begin to take care of this. Charlotte ended up texting will knowing he was more than likely in the recording booth, but as soon as he read it, he called her. He offered to leave and come there but Charlotte insisted he try to stay and record. There was nothing he could do for them right now.
He just couldn't believe this was really happening after they had such a good weekend.

Will tried to stay working with the guys for a while, but of course,  he couldn't stop thinking about Charlotte and if they were in potential danger. His thoughts got carried away wondering if there was any way Bekka or Noah could have escaped but it just wasn't feasible. And if something like that we're to happen, he had faith him and Charlotte would be notified first.
He then started to rationalize.
It was the city. Things like this happen all the time just because. Unfortunately this had to happen to two hard working women that put their all into this place. Will was angry for them.