50. This Descent Into The Night

Charlotte and Krys were wrapping up their long day with both of their clients planning on grabbing dinner together. They opened the shop again about two weeks ago, and the only request Will had was to put up security cameras. Actually, it was more of a demand; he and Austin bought a top-of-the-line security system without asking Charlotte or Krys and it gave them both a peace of mind. They were planning on touring again before the baby came and Will wanted to be able to check in on them from his throughout the day. He was naturally very protective of Charlotte, but now that she was pregnant again, he was extra apprehensive about her safety.

Charlotte wrapped up her clients new tattoo and sent them on their merry way. She grabbed a mop and started to clean her booth waiting for Krys to finish up her tattoo.

"I really want tacos." Charlotte day dreamed on what she was going to eat as soon as they closed the door for the night. With Winter she didn't really have cravings, but this time around, it was starting early on.

"Ooooooh  a margarita sounds so good right now...let's go!" Krys got excited then chuckled nervously feeling bad Charlotte couldn't have a drink with her.

Charlotte flipped her off playfully.
"Let me just call the hubby to let him know to grab dinner without me tonight."

Charlotte went and laid on the fluffy couch in their waiting area deciding to talk to Will while Krys was cleaning up. It rang a few times and Will answered cheerfully as always.

"Wuddup baby momma?"
"Okay...I told you to stop calling me that!" She giggled finding it embarrassing  when other people heard it and Will laughed just loving teasing her.

"I'm sorry beautiful, I can't help it. How was your day baby?" Will stifled a yawn just exhausted from non-stop recording and writing. "

"It was okay. I missed you though. Me and Krys were going to go grab some dinner  and then I figured I'll meet you at home?"

"Damn no invite for me or Austin? That's freaking rude." He joked.

"Uhmmm maybe if you weren't working late...but you're crazy if you think you're going to make your pregnant wife wait until after 9 for dinner." Both of them knew how she is when she gets hangry. Will chuckled.

"You're right, you're right. It's okay we ordered some pizza and I just ate so I'll just see you when you get home. Have fun babe."

"We willlllll. I love you. I'll see you at home."

"Love you more. Bye lovely girl. " Will hung up needing to get back in the booth and wanting to just finish up so he could go home to Charlotte sooner.
________________________
Krys' client left and Krys finished cleaning up her booth. Her and Charlotte grabbed their coats planning to drive separately and meet up at the same restaurant so they could go home from there. They walked together around the building to the back parking lot joking about Krys' client trying to hit on her all day even though she kept mentioning Austin repeatedly.

"Either the dude couldn't catch a hint or he was just in denial," Charlotte laughed and Krys cackled along with her shaking her head.

They arrived at their cars and Krys sighed seeing one of her tires was flat.

"Ugh you've got to me kidding me!" She groaned in frustration.

"You need to stop going 80 mph over the potholes around here!" Charlotte knew Krys wasn't the best driver and she automatically tapped on her trunk to get her to open it. Charlotte knew how to change a tire and was going to talk Krys through it since it wasn't recommended she lift heavy things right now.

Krys rolled her eyes playfully and popped the trunk. She was trying to shove random shit in her car to the side to try and get to the jack and the spare tire.

While Krys was in the middle of trying to pry them out from the pile of stuff she accumulated in the trunk, she heard some shuffling of some footsteps behind them.

"Need some help?"

Krys answered nicely not even getting a chance to say no thank you before she felt a sharp, stinging pain rush through her cheek and jaw. Instantly she had a copper taste in her mouth with the blood rushing from her lip. She gasped from the random rush of pain realizing someone just punched her hard in the face. She stumbled back and fell on her butt onto the pavement looking up and seeing three girls hovering over her. As Krys scanned their faces, they didn't look familiar. However, when she got to the third girl, she realized who had hit her.
Victoria.
Austin's ex.

"Charlotte!" Krys screamed out as she saw two of the girls started to kick and punch on Charlotte. They got her in the arms, legs, head...
It made sense now. Victoria was the one who broke into their shop and smashed out their windows. She was mad that Austin had been seeing Krys now and planned on getting her to stay away from him. Victoria had nothing personal against Charlotte, but right now she was guilty by association and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Please! Stop! "Charlotte shrieked wrapping her arms around her stomach, "I'm pregnant!" She begged.

One of the girls attacking Charlotte stopped when they heard Charlotte say she was pregnant. However, the other girl had to be pried off of Charlotte, fully encapsulated in a fit of rage.

Charlotte laid on the ground bloodied and feeling blows of pain all over, but she continued to curl up and protect her stomach crying out just so scared something might have happened to the baby.

"Please...no...please no, not again." Charlotte thought to herself. She could hear the scuffles and grunts coming from Krys as the girls continued beat her up, Victoria getting in a few extra kicks on her.

"Hey!" They heard the deep voice of a man yell out that was witnessing the whole thing and decided to get involved. The girls saw the man approaching and ran off, leaving Krys and Charlotte on the ground, battered and bruised. The man came over telling the cops the location and hung up to try and tend to the girls.
Charlotte felt extremely tired and tried to fight her closing eyes.

"Ma'am! Hang in there! I called 911!"

"My baby..." she managed to mutter with everything in her before she finally lost to the fight of her tiredness and everything went black.