31. Pins & Needles

Will spent his time for the last couple weeks planning a party for Charlotte. Today was her birthday, and he wanted to spoil her. He wanted her to have a relaxing day, while his band mates set up an intimate party for her, for themselves and their ladies and close friends. Will knew Charlotte hated surprises and being the center of attention, so he didn't want to go overboard tonight. He recognized that his wife was a very easy-going woman and found beauty in subtle fun. His extroverted personality and her graceful shyness balanced out quite well.

After their marriage ceremony in Vegas, they notified friends and family, bringing some disappointment from some that they weren't there to witness it, but happy for them, knowing they were perfect for each other. Will and Charlotte felt like it was the right time and neither of them had any regrets on how they went about it.

Will made her favorite, chocolate chip pancakes, and his homemade scrambled eggs and sausage, and brought Charlotte breakfast in bed. He placed the breakfast on the side table as he climbed back into bed, kissing the sweet spots on her neck to wake her up.

She made little "mmm" sounds as she slowly woke up, slightly smiling to herself. Will's kisses  were her favorite alarm clock.

"Happy birthday my love," Will cooed to her quietly.

Charlotte opened her eyes and looked over seeing the breakfast and melted. She slowly sat up and leaned in to peck him gently on the lips.

"Thank you baby, you're so sweet," she yawned and inhaled thinking it smelled delicious.

Will laid propped up on his side by her,  resting his head on his hand as Charlotte ate and also fed him every other bite. She cleared the plate, thinking she really hit the jackpot finding a man who liked to cook for her.

"So....I was thinking..." Will raised an eyebrow curiously.

"How about we get some matching tattoos today..." he quietly hinted hoping she would be down for it, since he already put down deposits on an appointment days prior.

Charlotte raised her eyebrows. It's been well over a year since she got one herself, she had been too busy spending long days doing ink therapy for her clients. She was definitely due for one.

"Matching?" She lit up loving the sound of that.

"What would we get?" She said setting the dish down back on the bedside table and laying down facing him.

Will rubbed her affectionately, with his hands traveling up and down her side and up over her hip. He had been thinking about for a little while hoping she might like the idea.

"What about some snowflakes in different shades of blue..." he suggested knowing they both talked about  getting something for Winter and this would be simple enough where it's not a sad memorial piece, just a pretty one.

Charlotte thought for a second and he could tell by the  little smile on her lips that she approved.

"I love that Will," she gushed thinking she might do hers behind her ear since one of the spaces there was vacant of ink. And the snowflakes could be placed nicely with the curve of her ear and visible.

Will smiled and leaned in kissing her gently.
"Sick! We have an appointment at noon." Will gloated, feeling proud of himself for being a such a good planner for today.

"What?" She cracked up realizing he already had this planned. "I can't leave you unsupervised." She joked.

Charlotte convinced Will to take a shower with her to start the day, spending an hour under the steamy water, but they didn't really do much 'washing up' in that time.