12. Into the Fire

Every day for two weeks straight, Will attempted to call Charlotte at least once a day. He tried it at different times of the day , leaving voicemail after voicemail hoping that just once, she might find herself slightly interested in what he had to say.

Charlotte was extremely depressed and of course, very stressed out. This wasn't helping her nausea any, and most days she stayed in bed sleeping the day away when she wasn't crying her eyes out. She had watched her voicemail and text messages pile up for days on end, until the notifications slowly started to die down and Will started to lose hope with every passing day.

She didn't know how to feel. She had been over playing what he said to her on his way out over and over again, but she didn't know what to think. Why didn't he tell her? If there was ever a moment she thought she was violated, the first person she would run to would be Will. He never acted differently or like anything was going on....and what was bothering her the most, was how good he was at keeping something so traumatic to himself. Wasn't she supposed to be his partner? Wasn't he supposed to tell her everything?

What else was he able to hide from her? She didn't want a relationship that had secrets and she was beating herself up inside wondering why Will would keep her in the dark?

Krys would drop in on Charlotte every other day or so, to make sure she knew she wasn't alone. Krys was making sure she was eating and getting her to get out of bed some of the days. She felt terrible about this. She really liked Will. Charlotte had told her what he said and she wondered what the truth was. Her gut was telling her that he was not the type to hurt her best friend, but at the end of the day, he was a rock star, and he was getting famous, and at this point, who knew who he truly was deep down inside? She just knew she was here to support Charlotte and the baby that would be coming into the world before they knew it.

Charlotte knew in a couple of days, she had an appointment coming up: normally her and Will looked forward to it, but what was once a happy time for them was now a lonely time for her. She knew she couldn't shut him out from their lives completely....the baby was his also....but the emotions were still raw and she didn't know if she wanted to invite him to the appointment or not. She was thinking of asking Krys to go with her but didn't want to be impulsive.
Charlotte was at the tattoo shop today, trying to find the motivation to do what she loved the most, even if she just simply felt like wasting her days away in bed.

A guy named Noah had private messaged her on Instagram a few days prior. He claimed he was an old friend of Will's and saw the beautiful tattoos she did on him and wanted to get some work done while he was in the city.
Charlotte set up for her appointment as she waited and shot the shit with Krys and her client.
Eventually, the door chime went off and in stepped a man who was over six feet tall. The first thing she noticed was his very detailed throat tattoos and then she glanced at his face, noticing that not only was he very handsome, but she knew he looked familiar.

"Hello," Charlotte said faking a small smile, "Noah?"

"You must be Charlotte." He stated sticking his large tattooed hand out to shake hers. He grinned at her and she noticed how straight and white his smile was. This was something she also noticed about Will at first.

Krys stared over in disbelief and had to butt in while she had a chance.

"Aren't you the singer dude of Bad Omens?"

Noah chuckled slightly, still getting used to people recognizing him and he nodded shyly.

"That's me!"

"Wow! I love your work! I know you're constantly bombarded by fans but I just had to tell you!"
Noah went over and shook Krys hand as well. After he turned his back to her to give his attention back to his tattoo artist, Krys wiggled her eyebrows at Charlotte playfully. Anyone with eyes could see that Noah was a beautiful man, but all Charlotte could think about was how much she missed Will and she clearly had no interest in checking out other men right now.