6. Take What Is Left Of My Life

Will could sense Charlotte was off for a couple weeks and he couldn't figure it out: he was wondering if it was typical stress from over working because Charlotte didn't know how to slow down sometimes.
Even though she repeatedly told him things were fine, he could sense the vibrations between them were different. She kept their phone calls short, she took forever to respond to his text messages.
Maybe their careers were keeping them separated more than he thought they would....and all he knew is it killed him inside. He kept making music with the band, and Bekka was coming back around more often, but as busy as he tried to keep himself missed Charlotte terribly.

They had tension between them all day today and it was the first time ever they had gotten into an argument. Will had a super hard time concentrating in the studio earlier that day. Will had been super patient with her up until then but he knew something was up with her and she just wouldn't let him in.

After a long day of recording that didn't go well, the guys from the band and Bekka and a couple of her girlfriends were all out to dinner at a local bar.

Will and Charlotte had been firing texts back and forth  and he had finally stepped outside to call her thinking it would be better. They were both mentally exhausted at this point and Will honestly just wanted to go home and lock himself in his room.

"I'm not stupid, Charlotte! You've been acting different for weeks. I don't get what I did."

"I told you I just needed a little space Will. I just don't feel like myself....and to be honest I'm surprised you're even acting like you give a shit right now. You've been so far up that girl on your instagrams ass I'm shocked you even remembered to respond to me today!"

Will's dark eyes widened in shock at her ridiculous comment even though they were on a phone call and couldn't see each other. He was so offended that she would accuse him of even being interested in someone else.

"Excuse me?" He spat. "It's been killing me you've been acting like you're mad at me or something and can't just communicate, like an adult, and tell me what the problem is! And now I'm a jerk for hanging out with my old friends?!"

Charlotte chuckled in anger as he was basically calling her childish.

"You know what Will, why don't you just fucking forget about me if I'm such a burden to you! You have girls all over you 24/7 so what are we even doing?!"

Will paused. It felt like just a couple months ago he was on top of the world and now he was losing what he cared about the most. He automatically went into defense mode thinking if she was hurting him, he needed to hurt her back.

"I don't know anymore, Charlotte. Maybe you're right!" He instantly regretted his words but didn't want to look like he was desperately trying to keep her in this relationship if she was unhappy.
"If you can't even handle us being a state away then I can't imagine what you would act like with me going on tour soon. I've never done anything to disrespect you Charlotte. Never."

Charlotte started to break down and the cracking in her voice felt like a sharp knife through Will's chest. He instantly felt like an asshole.

"Fine Will. Have fun being single."

"Charlotte.....wait....Charlotte!" Will
already felt the regret as she disconnected their phone call. He instantly tried to call her back and she rejected it. He tried again to call and this time it went straight to voicemail.

"FUCK!" He yelled out in frustration as random people walking by on the street were glancing over at him worriedly.

Will sat with his back against the wall feeling the anxiety stewing in his stomach. He tried to concentrate on his breathing as he looked up at the night sky.

"I just need to give her time to cool off," he thought to himself. This was just a stupid little argument and there's no way Charlotte didn't love him anymore.

Will heard the big metal door open and saw Austin with concerning eyes.
"Hey man...what's going on is everything okay?" He asked patting him on the shoulder. It was very rare to see Will not happy and bubbly and he knew him and Charlotte have been going through a rough patch.

"I'm gonna be fine man." Will sighed and ran his hand through his curls.
He didn't open up often about his personal problems.
"Come on bro, Bekka just ordered us a round of shots and we're waiting for you."

Will agreed. Even though he knew he had a huge problem to fix with the girl he loved so much, he was also needing something to help cheer him up in the moment before he went crazy over her. Austin held the door for Will as they made their way back to the table with their friends. Bekka was smiling and holding a shot for him.
"Welcome back cutie!" She said warmly and she handed him the tequila shot, then handed him a drink she bought for him as a chaser.
Will threw the shot back quickly in order to try and forget the pain he was in.

______________________________
I have a few ideas but I wonder if anyone actually likes this so far. Ugh. Decisions decisions
Vote and let me know you're on this crazy ride!