23. Put Me To Rest

Charlotte and Noah drove back to Charlotte's place. Charlotte was getting more nervous the closer they got there because she didn't necessarily have a plan. This whole time, Noah had been a really good friend to her in many ways. She thought maybe having sex with him would ruin it and make it awkward....or....it could go really well and maybe it would help her get over Will.

Truth be told ....she knew she would never get over Will. They had been through so much. Before their tragic loss, he was everything to her and more and took care of her in every aspect. But now, he was a complete stranger.

For months after what Bekka pulled and he woke up from his coma, Charlotte had watched him die inside every single day and couldn't save him. Charlotte still mourns for their beautiful baby girl, as does he. But they grieved so differently.

Charlotte was a strong woman. She continued to go to therapy, still going through her own process, but in a healthy way.

Will fell into a dark place, not facing his feelings and pushed her away. He didn't know how to cope so he avoided it.

Charlotte's thoughts were racing as they pulled into her drive way. Noah came and opened her door for her and taking her by the hand.

They walked up the pathway to her door in an awkward silence. As friends there was never an awkward moment and they joked around naturally. Tonight, there was a tensity surrounding them.

When she unlocked the door and they stepped inside, both feeling slightly unsteady from the liquid courage they had.

When they made it inside, Charlotte slipped off her shoes and turned and looked at Noah not knowing what to say. Noah smiled a little bit, hesitantly stepping toward her. He kept his eyes locked with hers and took he took her hands in his tangling his fingers with hers.

Charlotte's breathing was shallow, feeling nervous. Although her and Will weren't together anymore, part of her felt guilty, almost as if she was cheating on him. She wasn't fully in this.

Noah leaned down and gently pressed his lips to hers hoping for an approval from her. Charlotte didn't know how she felt but didn't push him away. She kept thinking of Will kissing her earlier and how she felt butterflies with him. With Noah, she didn't really feel much...She didn't know if this would help her start to get over Will but she felt like she had to try.

She tried to clear her mind and focus on Noah, deepening the kiss. Noah smiled a little and bit her bottom lip a little, and he slid his hands down to her waist. He had been wanting to do this for a long time and was so glad he finally found the moment to make his move. Noah started to kiss her a little more aggressively clearly wanting to try and take it to the next level. Charlotte put her hands on his chest really feeling like maybe doing anything more than kissing would be too much for her too fast.
Noah didn't respond well to her trying to pull away and grabbed her a little harder pulling her into him.

Charlotte kept trying to put her hands on his chest and stomach to get him to back up a little bit....but he wrapped his fingers around her belt loops on her jeans and pulled her closer, biting her lip again. This time he bit a little harder, but she wasn't feeling it.

"Mm- Noah.....no...." She tried to keep shoving him away to let him know she was no longer comfortable with where he was trying to take it and he grabbed her wrists harder. She looked at him and his eyes were different. They were extremely dark. Pitch black and desolate. And strangely this terror felt familiar.

His grip tightened on her the more she tried to take her wrists away from him.

"Noah! What the hell?! Let go!"

Noah responded through gritted teeth not letting go of her.

"I've been super patient with you this whole time, Charlotte. What is your problem? Just relax."