18. Between The Black & White

Two months had gone by very slowly. Will could finally walk on his own again. Charlotte was still having her days when she really needed to rest, but for the most part she was able to visit Winter at the window with Will every day and get updates on her. They were awaiting the moment when they could finally hold her. 

Austin was such a good friend to Will and had offered him and Charlotte to stay in his furnished basement while they were looking for a new place.

Not too long after leaving the hospital, Charlotte began having night terrors, which Will found himself frequently waking her up from. He couldn't sit by and watch her suffer like that, so he, too, was very much sleep deprived. He would hold her as long as it took for her to fall back to sleep after having a good cry. The trauma from their experience was real. Everything became so much for Charlotte and she knew it wasn't fair to Will.  She decided to start seeing a therapist to help with her emotional struggle, which has been somewhat helping revive the old Charlotte that Will fell in love with.

Will was taking out his frustrations in the studio. He had been writing a lot to try and keep his self- control. Every day he thought about how he wanted to drive and find Bekka and get revenge, but deep down, Will was a good person and knew it would make everything worse. It would mean he was on her level, and he didn't want to stoop to that.
______________________________

Will and Charlotte had decided to rent a duplex that was very close to his band mates. Will went all out with surveillance cameras in the windows and making sure Charlotte would feel safe on days that he had to record or do interviews. Their neighbors were right next to them, so they felt a little safer knowing they weren't completely alone.

Charlotte was trying to get more and more comfortable with being home alone. She didn't feel physically or emotionally ready to return to tattooing right now, so she figured she would do the housekeeping and the guys asked if she wanted to manage their social media for them, so they could pay her on the side while she eased back into things. She was getting so good at managing their social media that Noah Sebastian had made her an offer to be their social media manager until she decided to go back to tattooing. Will felt uncomfortable with her talking to Noah but he was not overbearing and kept it to himself because he knew she was allowed to do whatever she wanted.
She was so thankful of all the support she was getting from Will and his family and friends. She didn't know if she could make it through this alone and was so relieved she didn't have to.

___________________________

Charlotte decided one morning to go to the gym before visiting Winter. Will had an interview that day and he asked her to come. However, she thought the healthy thing would try to be going back to doing things on her own . The gym was new to her but she was really liking it. She had a lot of pent up frustration and she was sweating it out, getting out the aggression of their unfortunate hand in life so far.

Charlotte showered there and changed, then stopped at the hospital to see Winter. It was getting closer to the date when she could come home. She really wished Will were with her today but she  knew Will would probably stop by to visit on his own time after his interview.

Winter had some dark chocolate curls growing atop her little head. Charlotte was praying she would have Will's perfect hair. She had olive skin now that she wasn't so fragile and pale. She had yet to see her eyes up close, but Charlotte had to bet she had obsidian eyes like her mom and her dad. She was getting positive feed back from the doctors and knew they could give them a date soon on when they could take her home. Charlotte was trying to be patient.

She drove home after about an hour and furrowed her brows seeing a giant box half the size of her on their door step as she pulled up. She definitely didn't remember ordering anything. She figured it was Will's and she grabbed it on the way inside. She set it on the counter not seeing a return address. Her stomach started feeling a little sick. It could be nothing, but Charlotte was constantly on high alert after that night.